• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Chances of getting a non Disney beach resort?

HoffmanFH

Earning My Ears
We were thinking of joining DVC but we also like to vacation every year at an east coast beach, especially Virginia Beach. We're pretty flexible, any time in July or August. If we plan 1-2 years ahead what are the chances of getting something? We then figured we would use the rest of our Disney points to go to Disney World every 2-3 years. Does anyone else like to vacation like this?

You would be better off buying a smaller contract through resale or renting the points you do not use and buying a 160 point contract through Disney. DVC is expnesive and so is the Maint. so you would be losing a lot of the value. You may or may not get what you want.. I am sure there is plenty of timeshare in that area why not buy a week there as well and rent that when you go to Disney or do both :lmao:

I am in the process of evaluating buying DVC and I would not want to buy at these prices (direct or resale) primarily for usage away from WDW at this time. If I wanted beaches and Disney then HHI or VB IMO both have good resale price point contracts available for point acquisition. But no disney exists at Virginia Beach which is your stated preference and I assume there are TS opportunities in that area at well below Diney acquisition and MF levels.

I am curious why would you pay the Disney premium if your plan is not to use the points for Disney experiences?

We were thinking of joining DVC but we also like to vacation every year at an east coast beach, especially Virginia Beach. We're pretty flexible, any time in July or August. If we plan 1-2 years ahead what are the chances of getting something? We then figured we would use the rest of our Disney points to go to Disney World every 2-3 years. Does anyone else like to vacation like this?

I live in Virginia and for decades went to Atlantic coast beaches from Rehoboth, DE to HHI, but nothing compares to the Florida coast beaches. Disney DVC has an outstanding resort in Vero Beach, Fla. We go there 3 out 4 years. No need to use your points outside to go to an east coast beach. :thumbsup2

We are one for one. On 9JAN06, we attempted to The Boardwalk Resort at Virginia Beach for the week of 8-15JUL06. We only had to wait three days to receive a confirmation. By the way, we loved it there and plan on going back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter