Chances of changing roles?

disgirl4lyfe

Earning My Ears
I was accepted back in april for fall 2013 QSFB... I was very happy with that but for the summer I got my first job in food service full time. (Pizza place in hometown) I really dont like it and now I am feeling alot LESS excited. :( I know that this question has been asked several times before but what are the chances of being able to change roles before i get there? Also would it look bad for me to even request to do that? I would really like merchandise, attractions, photo...etc

I was accepted back in april for fall 2013 QSFB... I was very happy with that but for the summer I got my first job in food service full time. (Pizza place in hometown) I really dont like it and now I am feeling alot LESS excited. :( I know that this question has been asked several times before but what are the chances of being able to change roles before i get there? Also would it look bad for me to even request to do that? I would really like merchandise, attractions, photo...etc

Giving you the most direct answer it will be very hard if not impossible to switch roles. In Disney's mind you've already accepted and committed to the role you were offered. They always factor in for a few people to hate their roles and leave. Typically role switches only end up being a need thing or a medical thing. Also I've only heard of ICPs getting a role switch in their program.

Keep in mind that where you work QSFB in Disney might be completely different from the pizza place you work at now. Also, the experience there is what you make of it. If you go in with the attitude of "I'm going to hate this job," then guess what, you're probably not going to have to greatest time. Since there's almost no chance you'll be able to switch roles, realize that this is the role you accepted and make the most of it. Your time there is so much more than where you work or what you're doing, it's the coworkers and guests you get to interact with and the overall experience of being at the Most Magical Place on Earth. Go into it with an open mind and it may surprise you how much you enjoy it.

Keep in mind that where you work QSFB in Disney might be completely different from the pizza place you work at now. Also, the experience there is what you make of it. If you go in with the attitude of "I'm going to hate this job," then guess what, you're probably not going to have to greatest time. Since there's almost no chance you'll be able to switch roles, realize that this is the role you accepted and make the most of it. Your time there is so much more than where you work or what you're doing, it's the coworkers and guests you get to interact with and the overall experience of being at the Most Magical Place on Earth. Go into it with an open mind and it may surprise you how much you enjoy it.

Amen to that...

You have to have a really good reason to switch your roles. My daughter recently got switched because her college wouldn't accept her role for her internship and her school had to fax a letter to Disney. It took awhile, but she finally got switched! I would give it a chance because working in Disney's QSFB might be totally different then working in a pizza place. You will get to meet a lot of people...it could be fun! ;)

You committed to that role so it might be hard. I worked @ McD's in high school & I worked QSFB @ All Star Music Food Court & I can tell you it is TOTALLY different. I'm still friends w/ some of the ppl I worked w/ from years ago. When I was at ASM I used to shadow the HR lady at my hotel for experience. It is all what you make of it. Y'know? Network!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter