Chances of Adding 1 to Ohana Reservation?

bob_bldr

Mouseketeer
We have a reservation for 6 at O'hana on February 16 and have been trying for about 6 weeks to add 1 more since we found out our oldest does not have to be back for classes until 2/18; O'hana is his favorite. I have been checking the dining website almost every day for availability for 7 or for 2 and even called Disney Dining, all with no luck. Do we have any chance in adding one more over the next 7 weeks?

We have a reservation for 6 at O'hana on February 16 and have been trying for about 6 weeks to add 1 more since we found out our oldest does not have to be back for classes until 2/18; O'hana is his favorite. I have been checking the dining website almost every day for availability for 7 or for 2 and even called Disney Dining, all with no luck. Do we have any chance in adding one more over the next 7 weeks?

I was able to do it on a past trip, but we went from a party of 4 to 5. I was unable to change the reservation so I just showed up with an extra and asked at the podium.

Last week we had 3 instances where we needed to go from a party of 5 to 7. Wasn't able to update prior to the trip, similar to your situation. I found each restaurant very accommodating and they had no problem adding 2 people to our table. I spoke with the concierge at our hotel after arriving last week and her recommendation was that essentially, these places aren't going to turn you away.

Thanks for the replies. Our reservation is on President's Day so we didn't want to run into any issues with capacity. We have noticed on the last few trips that there are a lot more cancellations in the days leading up to the actual date due to the cancellation fee, so we'll keep trying...

Just secured another reservation for 2 at the same time so at least we will all have a seat. Will try to call tomorrow to see if we can combine the 2 reservations.

Last week we had 3 instances where we needed to go from a party of 5 to 7. Wasn't able to update prior to the trip, similar to your situation. I found each restaurant very accommodating and they had no problem adding 2 people to our table. I spoke with the concierge at our hotel after arriving last week and her recommendation was that essentially, these places aren't going to turn you away.

They won't turn extra guests away if they have room. The thing is, there is no way of knowing ahead of time if they do or not. Showing up with extra guests should always be your last resort, with the knowledge that there is no guarantee they will be seated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter