Chances of a 2 bedroom in May

mirnmart

Mouseketeer
Hi all, been a while since I've posted and even longer since setting foot at Disney :( As the restrictions up here in Canada are finally making is feasible to think of travelling I'm toying with the idea of a week in May. Wondering what best strategy would be to try and secure a 2 bedroom from May 11-18. I'm ok with the idea of a multi resort split stay. I don't have a lot of experience with waitlists or booking last minute...any tips would be appreciated :)

Hi all, been a while since I've posted and even longer since setting foot at Disney :( As the restrictions up here in Canada are finally making is feasible to think of travelling I'm toying with the idea of a week in May. Wondering what best strategy would be to try and secure a 2 bedroom from May 11-18. I'm ok with the idea of a multi resort split stay. I don't have a lot of experience with waitlists or booking last minute...any tips would be appreciated :)
Have you checked availability at the resorts that you're interested in? That would be my first step. Then I would try to cobble together a trip for the nights that I want. You're more likely to have success getting a dedicated 2BR than you are in getting a 2BR lockoff. Wait lists have a higher probability of success in the larger resorts (AKV and SSR) than small ones (VGF and CCV). And shorter wait lists of 1 or 2 nights are more likely to fill than week-long wait list requests.

Hi fellow Canuck!
Agree with what Marionnette said. Now is a good time to spend time stalking the RAT and putting in waitlists of 1-2 nights at a time. People will be finalizing their plans outside of the 30-day window. Good luck.

Have you checked availability at the resorts that you're interested in? That would be my first step. Then I would try to cobble together a trip for the nights that I want. You're more likely to have success getting a dedicated 2BR than you are in getting a 2BR lockoff. Wait lists have a higher probability of success in the larger resorts (AKV and SSR) than small ones (VGF and CCV). And shorter wait lists of 1 or 2 nights are more likely to fill than week-long wait list requests.
Thanks for the suggestions! Was able to get 1 night BC, 1 night AK, and 3 nights at OKW. Looking forward to finally being back in the magic 😍

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter