• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Chances for Palo

Rustyflwr3

<font color=teal>"I only hope that we never lose s
Hi everyone!

I thought I had made reservations at Palo for our cruise starting tomorrow! Unfortunately, something happened and the reservation was not made. It didn't look like there was any availability a few days ago when I looked online, but was told that I could go and see when on board!

Does anyone know the chance of there being spots available at all during the trip?

I wasn't sure if they reserved a certain percentage of openings for those who didn't make reservations online!

Thanks for any help or insight :)

Jessica

Hi everyone!

I thought I had made reservations at Palo for our cruise starting tomorrow! Unfortunately, something happened and the reservation was not made. It didn't look like there was any availability a few days ago when I looked online, but was told that I could go and see when on board!

Does anyone know the chance of there being spots available at all during the trip?

I wasn't sure if they reserved a certain percentage of openings for those who didn't make reservations online!

Thanks for any help or insight :)

Jessica

You should be able to get in, but it will probably be on a theme dinner night. If you are in Cat 1-3 the concierge will probably get you any night you want.

It is widely believed that not all spots are put on line; some are held for after boarding. In addition, the concierge has control of some spots; if these are not taken by guests in suites, they are made available to the rest of us after the concierge meeting on the first day.

So...yes, there is a chance that you'll be able to get a reservation after boarding. At that time if there is nothing open, ask to be placed on a wait list. People do cancel sometimes!

Last cruise we were not able to make Palo dinner reservations online ahead of time--nothing available for our group size on any evening.
We had our Palo brunch on the 1st day. We had made reservations for 2 tables of 3 since nothing was available online for a group of 6. The room was not crowded at all. They asked if all 6 of us would like to sit together, so that worked out well. Then they were almost begging us to make reservations to come back for dinner some evening. We were able to get a table for 6--it was pirate party evening, but it was early enough so that it did not interfere at all. We even requested the same server, Tony, because he had been so fabulous.

They do hold back a reasonable number of ressies for Palo, for people booknig them on ship rather than online, I do not think they have a 'percentage' as such now, ( when it started online bookings is was quoted at 50%). I think that has changed down but enless you have a lot of Suite-connected cruisers who book Palo, and high CC members on ship, ther is a reasonable chance of getting something on brunch and Dinner.

When we were on our 7 night 2 years ago we were able to get the private room in Palo for 10 of us. We stepped in and my seniors aunts broke out in sweat it was so hot. They actually had another table for 10 available. Every time we've been there, there's been extra tables.

I just sailed on 12/6 and was able to eat 2 dinners and 1 brunch at Palo. I could have eaten there every day if I wanted to. They even called us to offer additional reservations. We were even able to dine with friends we made on the cruise on the last night and we were a party of 7. You should not have a problem. Ask for Sabucci from Hungary. He was wonderful.

Hello!

Thank you so much everyone for the advice! We're going to try to be one of the first ones on today to try and get something! Keep your fingers crossed :)

Thanks again !

Jess

I had no prob getting in for dinner.. was able to be picky with day and time too and get what I wanted... I didnt get brunch though, that was booked. You can be put on a wait list for it and if room becomes available.. they will give ya a call. I didnt get it at all.. so thats what the NEXT cruise for LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter