Chance of showers on friday??

weslovesauntmeg

Mouseketeer
I was watching the news tonight and saw the forecast of rain on friday..I don't ever remember being at disneyland when it was raining..me and my younger sis are supposed to go this friday and I was wondering if anyone had any tips to stay dry??

I've heard of the ponchos..but don't want to hassle with taking them off when getting on rides..any tips on how to dress..layers or what??

Another question..do they let you bring in umbrella's??

Last one..will they cancel Fantasmic cause of the rain??

Any other tips would be helpful!! Thanks!!

As we both know it's rare for it to rain hard all day but it is possible.

Assuming we do get a lot of rain on Friday staying dry is a matter of two simple choices -- how you cover up or how little you go out. Since it's unlikely you'll want to stay indoors at the park covering up means wearing a waterproof jacket, shoes and bringing an umbrella. Layers are good for cold but won't keep you dry as much as wearing the right over gear. Ditch your jeans (slow to dry) for warm-ups or similar type pants, wear shoes with some rubber rather than thin cloth ones, etc... Ponchos look silly but they are hands down the best way to stay dry. You don't have to take them off, you just wear them around until the rain stops.

Rain will almost always cancel the shows even if it stops an hour before they're set to go off.

Yes, you can take your umbrellas. And I don't take my poncho off if I've got it on when I get on a ride, I just bunch it up so my arms are free. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter