• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Chance of Palo Brunch for first time cruiser on the Fantasy

Sleepyluke

DIS Veteran
How good are the chances of getting a brunch? We are traveling with in laws who will be first time cruisers and are going to have to wait a little longer to book than the rest of the party. Will there still be any brunches left or does the Fantasy book them up pretty quickly?

Thanks

You have a pretty good chance. It partly depends on how many sea days your itinerary has. If you aren't able to book it online, try as soon as you board. Info on where to go is in the Navigator you get when you check in.

ETA: Go ahead and make reservations for everyone in your party who aren't first time cruisers, then have your in laws try for whatever they can get when they check in.

Last edited:
Our first cruise was the Fantasy back in October. I wasn't able to get Palo brunch at all in advance, but I was able to get my first choice date/time by booking onboard on embarkation day. It worked out perfectly!

Should be OK on the Fantasy. Longer itinerary with more sea days. I would make that a priority when boarding.

We booked a recent Dream cruise very close to the departure date. I checked online every day and was thrilled to find a reservation. So, keep trying online until you leave, and if that doesn't work you can try at the port. We LOVED our brunch!

How good are the chances of getting a brunch? We are traveling with in laws who will be first time cruisers and are going to have to wait a little longer to book than the rest of the party. Will there still be any brunches left or does the Fantasy book them up pretty quickly?

Thanks
If your itenerary is linked you can book the in laws brunch with yours. We're traveling with another family and our itenerary are linked and I've booked our Palo dinner for the 4 adults with no problems

Hope that helps

Kat

If your itenerary is linked you can book the in laws brunch with yours. We're traveling with another family and our itenerary are linked and I've booked our Palo dinner for the 4 adults with no problems

Hope that helps

Kat

But you can only do this at the time that everyone on the reservation is allowed to book Palo reservations. The OP is Silver or better Castaway Club member. The in-laws are first time cruisers. The OP is able to book Palo at 90 days (if silver) or earlier (if gold or platinum), but the in-laws can only book Palo at 75 days. They can all wait until 75 days and book together, as you mention above, but they are taking their chances that brunch reservations will still be available and available at their preferred date/time. Or the OP can book their brunch reservation earlier and then have the in-laws try to book brunch at 75 days. This is probably the better way of doing it. It's easier to modify a reservation than it is to get one if you don't already have one.

It's easier to modify a reservation than it is to get one if you don't already have one.

Absolutely agree! After boarding simply identify the location for Palo/Remy reservations (I think it is always Royal Court on the Fantasy) and go there just before the assigned start time (1:00)...then simply ask for the number of people in the reservation to be increased...should work!!

We were first time cruisers on the Fantasy and had no problem getting a reservation for brunch and dinner when the window opened. We had our dining linked with another stateroom. We wanted to do Palo dinner on our own, so we booked, and the other stateroom booked for later the same night. On the day of the reservation, a Palo CM called to see if there was an error and if we wanted our reservations at the same time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter