Chance of getting wait-list at SSR

RCB19

Earning My Ears
So I'll be traveling down to the world hopefully from Oct. 19-24. So far we have a two bedroom reservation for the 20-23 at SSR booked and I have already put a wait-list in for both the night of the 19th and the night of the 23rd. My question is what do you think the odds are that I get both of those wait-list dates? I'm just trying to figure out if I need to book two nights at another hotel (possibly off property) just in case. Thanks for the help.

I would plan for a back up but SSR is a very large resort so the odds of getting your waitlist there is much better than say VGF.

:earsboy: Bill

So I'll be traveling down to the world hopefully from Oct. 19-24. So far we have a two bedroom reservation for the 20-23 at SSR booked and I have already put a wait-list in for both the night of the 19th and the night of the 23rd. My question is what do you think the odds are that I get both of those wait-list dates? I'm just trying to figure out if I need to book two nights at another hotel (possibly off property) just in case. Thanks for the help.

Sounds like we're in the same boat! We're planning a trip for Oct 18-25. We have a 2-bedroom booked for Oct 18 and 20-22, so we also have the 19th and 23rd waitlisted. Right now we've got OKW on the 24th and BLT on the 25th, but hoping something opens up at either of those so we only have to change resorts once. Good luck!

Don't just sit back and wait for waitlist news. Check the DVC website often. When rooms are cancelled, they sometimes land on the website before the waitlists are run.

First, I am also going to be at SSR over those dates, and I had to W/L 2 of my 5 nights (in the middle of the stay, and non-consecutive)...I was really surprised...I booked in June for an Oct trip...both W/Ls came through within about two weeks...since then I've thought to add a couple of nights, but those nights still show as unavailable...not sure why things are so booked up that week (F&W doesn't explain it for SSR)...

Second, have you tried calling MS to do a cash reservation? With a W/L back-up? I've done that three times now, and all three times the cash room got replaced w/a points room well before the trip occurred. There's usually (but not always) a DVC member cash discount, and if you go thru MS they can keep the reservation "all in one" (and it happens automatically; you don't have to call to ask for the points nights and the cash night(s) to be linked)...seems like a good back-up plan...

Good luck!

My sons wait list just came through for a two bedroom that week at SSR so there is hope

Best thing you can do is to check website daily. We had a 5 night stay at BW for early Oct. was not able to get nay more. On this past sat, 2 more nights available, we now have our week, no room changes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter