Chafing question

whithouston

DIS Veteran
I honestly hate asking this, but figured I would to see if I could "save" myself. I have searched for various threads and just wanted a little clarification.

I usually get chafed right below my butt cheek (right at the bend.) Do you think this is similar to the chafing people get on their inner thighs. Luckily, I don't really get chafed on my thighs because of the underwear I wear.

I usually will put on Balmex, but it is so messy to apply. Does anyone know if Body Glide, the Monistat cream, or regular antiperspirant will work on that area. The Body Glide and/or the antiperspirant seem much easier to apply and didn't know if they would work. I want to start applying from day 1 to try to prevent anything from happening.

Ok, now that I have officially asked my weirdest question, I will end this thread.

Thank you very much for any assistance!

Scott :)

Monistat Soothing Care is amazing. Wonderful on chafing areas. I wouldn't go to Disney without it.:thumbsup2

I second that---the Monistat is great.
It also is a very good primer for your makeup as well. :eek: It's just as good as the Smashbox photo finish makeup primer and a quarter of the cost.

Yep the Monistat stuff is WONDERFUL!!!! Much cheaper an easier to find than Body Glide too.

I also use the Monistat stuff on feet to keep feet from gettin blisters be careful using it with Crocs without socks tho I tried it at home one day and found myself sliding in my Crocs all day.

Does the Monistat stuff help prevent or is it just used to treat? Also, is it oily or make you feel weird?

Thanks!

Scott

It's a preventative, I used it last time I was there and it was wonderful. It dries powdery soft and even if you sweat it never gets greasy. My bf ended up using it too for his feet because with his flat feet he gets blisters on his nonexistent arches.

Ok, thanks. I might have to try this...I usually use Balmex, but I just can't stand putting it on...

Thanks again!

Bodyglide stick has no mess and it works great ! It looks just like a deodorant stick and is applied the same way. I use it every day and love it. We gave it to my 15yo son for his 3 week trip to camp (they do a 6 day hike and a 6 day bike ride) and he said it worked awesome ! We are bringing a stick for each of us to Disney in Aug. JMHO ! Good luck and have fun !!:thumbsup2

Disneymoon, I get Bodyglide at our local running store, and I believe Dick's Sporting goods carries it also. You can also find it online. Good luck !!:thumbsup2

My BF get a one that looks like a deoderant stick from EMS.I believe it is called bodyglide. He uses it all the time and says it works great!

BIG FAN of the Bodyglide. I found it at our local athletic or sports store, not at any of the big box stores. I bought it for our Disney trip but use it frequently for areas you asked about, also bought one for feet - helps with strappy shoes, etc. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter