Chacchoben ruins and Majahaul in same day?

SamRoc

DIS Veteran
We are trying to figure out which excursions to book and trying to make everyone in the family happy. Is there enough time in Costa Maya to do both the chacchoben ruins and the beach at Majahaul in the same day? thanks.

We had "hoped" to be able to do this but it didn't happen and needless to say we had some unhappy campers. We were on the 2005 Turkey Sailing and the weather ran us afoul. We arrived at port earlier than expected and I didn't realize that there was some fine print in there that stated that if we arrived earlier the tour would leave earlier. We had already had plans for our in-room breakfast that day at a particular time. The port was a mob scene and it took forever to get to the meeting place. We did, however, arrive in time for the time that we "thought" we were to leave - 11:30. Whoops, our group was already gone. So we had to sit and wait for another group to arrive for about an hour, this group had special arrangements with the guide which led to a longer story than you want but basically we arrived back in time to run to the ship. Hope your experience is better!

Thanks for your response. Sorry the excursion didnt go as planned. I just talked to a friend who was in Mexico last summer and she recommended we dont do the ruins tour as we are going in August and she said its too hot and there is no shade. She said she actually got sick from the heat and plus I am pretty fair to begin with, don't want to end up with a bad sunburn. She said the ruins are something to see, but would recommend it at a different time of year.

We did the ruins tour in december, it was awesome. we were gone from noon to 5 p.m. I dont think you would have time to do both places as you dont dock until around ten a.m. You could zip out to the stores at the end of the pier and shop some, then zip back on board to meet for your excursion. You must be back on board by 5:30. So no time to spare afterwards.
I have never done it but i fyou did the privatre Ivan and david's ruins tour, the meet in Majahaul and start their excursion from there. If they do about the same time schedule you would have a few minutes to browse before leaving for your tour. Perhaps someone could tell you the web site for the private tour and you could check it out for yourself, perhaps it may work better for you. It is cheaper than DCL. But we like the security with DCL. With their tours if the bus breaks down and you are late, they will wait for you, with a private excursion, they will not wait for you. We have seen people left behind twice out of 10 cruises.
The ruins are an awesome excursion, i hope you get the chance to see them. It was the best excursion we have ever taken.
mom x4,grandma x4

We did the Chocchoben tour March 1, and I agree with the other poster who said you won't have time. My husband and I checked out the shops at the end of the pier met the family at the ship and just had time for lunch before the disney tour of the ruins met. It lasted 12-5 and the ship left not long after we returned.

Our tour guide was great and walked quickly to shade and held her talks there. It was about 85 degrees in March, I don't know what it would be in August. They did keep pointing out to us that it was winter :sunny:

It was a great excursion we loved it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter