• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Centrally located vacation home/ condo?

drag n' fly

Sassy, salty and sweet....
Our family of five ( kids 16, 14 and 7) is looking for a centrally located (to USO,SW & WDW) vacation home/condo. Which area should I be looking in? Any recommendations for some places would be greatly appreciated. :thanks:

We stayed in a great rental home in Davenport in November and nothing seemed far away to us..............we loved the house with the 4 bedrooms, pool etc and all for less than $100 bucks a night!!!!

We stayed in a great rental home in Davenport in November and nothing seemed far away to us..............we loved the house with the 4 bedrooms, pool etc and all for less than $100 bucks a night!!!!

Great! Can you post or pm me the link please? :goodvibes

We are also a family of 5, we always stay at Sun Lake resorts. we get a 3 bedroom condo for about $100 a night. I always book though bookit.com and we usually get a $25 gift card for the pizza joint right in front of the place! Its about 2 miles from the Animal Kingdom gate.

Lake Buena Vista would be the area that would central to most of them but you would be in a condo and not a pool home. Orange County only has condos/townhouses. The pool homes are located in the other counties which include the Kissimmee and Davenport areas. Indian Wells is a subdivision closest to LBV but it's mainly long term residences with a few vacation rentals.
Condos : Bonnet Creek is on Disney's doorstep as well as Vistanna Resort and LBV Village, lots of timeshare condos in that area. Vista Cay would be closer to Sea World and Universal and not too far from Disney.
The closest pool home areas (other than Indian Wells) are the Formosa Gardens area: Windsor Hills, Emerald Island etc or the Poincianna Blvd areas: Terra Verde, Lake Berkley etc.
You should look on VRBO.com or homeaway.com (Kissimmee and LBV areas) and get an idea of what's available, whether a pool home or 3 or 4 br condo or townhouse.
You can located these on this map :
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...8.272032,-81.608849&spn=0.068335,0.11055&z=13

Windsor Hills in the FG area is #1 The Poincianna area is the area around Terra Verde #62
Lake Buena Vista area is around #162 Vista Cay #123

When I was looking I found the prices were better in Clermont and Davenport. It took us about half an hour to get to SeaWorld and US/IOA, about 15 minutes to get to WDW, about an hour to get to Busch Gardens and about an hour and half to get to Kennedy Space Center. We stayed here:

http://www.vacationrentals.com/vacation-rentals/32411.html

and I was very happy with it. At the time (August 2007) we rented it for 2 weeks and paid $700/wk including all taxes and fees. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. It was clean, quiet and the property backed up to conservation land. It was very convenient to shopping (Publix and Super Walmart were less than a mile away) and restaurants. The subdivision is right off a main road so it was very easy to get to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter