Central New York Check In - N Amer Snow Champs!

Bichon Barb

<font color=darkorchid>Mmmmm. French fries. Oh to
I've noticed that there seems to be a lot of people from Syracuse and surrounding areas around here lately--especially on the Transportation board.

Maybe March is that time of year that we start fantasizing about escaping the winter and heading to WDW. ;)

Stop in and say "hi". :hippie:

Only 1 view and 0 replies? Maybe I dreamt the whole thing? :scratchin :laughing:

Liverpool, NY checking in!!
I can't believe how we got snubbed, right? you know the whole NCAA crap! Oh well, I just know if the Orangement would've gone in, they will do really well.
Are you going to the World during the break? We are driving down the first weekend of August for 10 nights(DDP) staying @ the Pop.
I am glad to meet you.

We used to live in Liverpool, but moved east in 1986 to escape the snow. Course it's snowing here now and we can expect up to 20" over next day or so.

Hi guys! :)

It totally stinks that we didn't get into the NCAA tournament. I went ahead yesterday and bought tickets for Monday's NIT game. :) Not the greatest seats, but at least they aren't in the nosebleed section. LOL.

We aren't going to Disney for April break. Are you flying? Tickets are usually so expensive for the Feb and April breaks. I am going with a friend in 9 days. It's just for a few nights, but I can't wait. :woohoo:

DVCDon, has the snow started your way yet? Nothing here yet. We are supposed to get between 4 and 8 inches.

I just hope that the snow starts now for us at least, because my DS(15) is in Indianapolis right now. He will be travelling back home during the over-night hours of Saturday. He is attending the "Band of Americas" in Indianapolis with the Liverpool High School Bands. So proud of them to get the invite! I wish I have friends who enjoy the World as much as I do. Oh well, it's their loss not mine:wizard:

Congrats to you son! They are probably having a ball. My 8th grader plays sax (and drums on the side), and my 5th grader plays drums.

Thank you so much, Bichon Barb. Our sons can form our own marching band. :cool1: My DS used to play for the school jazz band, BUT was unable to continue this school year(way too much after-school activities)
The snow we had overnight wasn't that bad right? I just felt so terrible for those kids trying to get away for spring break got stranded in Hancock. I didn't check the local news yet, but are the airlines up and flying? :confused:

I don't think it's getting out of Hancock that is the problem but connecting in NYC. I got a call Friday afternoon at work that Fed Ex and UPS weren't doing any more pick ups down there. Wimps. ;)

I was seriously thinking about getting down to the Dome and purchase tickets for tomorrow's game until my DH told me that he can't go. What a bummer!!! My DS came home this morning from Indianapolis. *missed him alot* He told me that 7 students got some type of food-related bug. I guess I have to keep an eye on him just in case the bug is still around. :rotfl:

Hi Everyone! I live in Syracuse also. So another CNY person who is totally ticked about the whole NCAA thing. That was so wrong! Toocooltobemom Congrats to your son! We were just at the world in Feb and stranded due to the Valentines day storm. Jet Blue not only refunded our money while there but they also gave us a voucher for the cost of our air fare.

Hi Firemanslady. :wave2:

I love JetBlue. I'm flying with them next week. Our business uses their credit card. I just found out today that we've earned a free flight. Maybe we need to go down to Disney for Columbus weekend. :idea:

Picked up my tickets for the game yesterday. GO SU!

Firemanlady, Thanks and welcome to our own tread. Barb, I can't believe you are going in October. Too bad you can't "Space-bag" me inside your luggage.:rotfl: How long will you be there? Is there anything special going on in WDW during that weekend? Let's post some of our trip photos past and future's. It should be fun. :yay:

I'm only going for three nights. I'm ditching my family and meeting a friend from Ohio down there. We are staying two nights at a studio at SSR (rented points) and then the last night we are splurging on a one bedroom at BCV (she's a TA and got a great discount). The funniest part is that we don't plan on doing any parks. :eek: It's a strictly lazy getaway from the snow. :cool:

Hudson Valley here... We are a tad south of you all, but still closer then the NYC folks

We are going to disney in late april this year!

Welcome to our little chat room, Mayl. And Barb, SU is up at the moment by a pretty huge margin. I can't believe that the game is on ESPN-U. :mad: So I have to keep watching the scoreboard. I finally did all 10 nights' ADR's for our trip in August today. It was harder than I thought(too many restaurants, not enough days) Care to share some of your past experiences?

Go SU!!!!! :cheer2:

The game was a lot of fun! 27,000+ people at the Dome which broke a 1979 NIT record set by Kenstunky. ;) We had to park down on Genesee Street and almost froze our butts off walking that mile or so uphill with the wind whipping, but it was well worth it!

Next game Weds at 7:00 pm on ESPN2 against Clemson????

You went to the game?!! Oh, Barb, :love: Could you take me next time? I will be going to Buffalo on Friday to watch my Sabres play the Maple Leaf. Yes, I am also a huge hockey fan. DH's buddy(season tix holder @Buffalo) gave him a pair of highly priced tickets because he will be going on a cruise in Puerto Rico. :banana:

You went to the game?!! Oh, Barb, :love: Could you take me next time? I will be going to Buffalo on Friday to watch my Sabres play the Maple Leaf. Yes, I am also a huge hockey fan. DH's buddy(season tix holder @Buffalo) gave him a pair of highly priced tickets because he will be going on a cruise in Puerto Rico. :banana:

NICE! :teeth: Have a great time!

This is the first game I've been to in years. At $10 for adults and $5 for kids, it was more in my league than regular season tickets. LOL.

According to this morning's Post Standard:

"Syracuse this winter was the snowiest big city in North America. Our season total of 129.5 inches tops every other big city in the US and Canada, according to the US and Canadian weather officials." (Cities defined as those with populations of more than 100,000.)

I suggest that instead of groaning, we wear the title with pride. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter