Central Italy, June 2011

I haven't done this tour(we usually travel on our own), but it looks like it's a great itinerary. Glad to see you go to Siena -love this city! If they don't take you, try to visit St Catherine's(patron Saint of Italy) Church -a little gory but there you will find her head preserved in a glass "box"....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catherine_of_Siena

Her home can be found a short walk around the corner from the church.

Also, when in Florence -if you're in fairly decent shape(I have asthma and had no problem) make the climb to the top of the Duomo for fantastic views. It is worth the effort.

Ciao!

If you've ever wanted anything leather, Florence is the place to buy it. They will fit you with a leather jacket that is so perfect for you. You can get belts, wallets, purses, etc and they are high quality leather products. Make sure you save room in your suitcase for all of your souvenirs.:thumbsup2

We did the central Italy trip last summer and had a wonderful time. The amalfi coast is spectacular and ABD has some great excursions. My favorite is the private boat trip around Capri, where we were able to jump out and swim in the Mediterranean! The previous poster is right--be sure to save Florence for Leather, in Sorrento you will find beautiful inlaid wood boxes, Positano has great women's clothing, Amalfi has beautiful pottery, and don't forget to pick up some perfume on Capri at the perfume factory. One of my favorite side trips was Sienna--learning the history of the Palio and the contradas was fascinating. Also, be sure to always take an evening stroll and enjoy some Gelato! You will have a fabulous time!!!!!:thumbsup2

Doing viva italia next week. Is there anywhere specific in Florence that you would recommend for leather ? Also could you give an idea about the prices if possible ? Thanks.

Your guides will tell you all about the leather products and what to expect when purchasing them. However, there are two main areas that reminded me of a flea market type atmosphere. I bought a belt in one and a leather coat in another area. I don't remember the names of the places that I actually purchased them, but I would just recommend finding what you like and you should feel safe buying it. The prices are pretty reasonable. My wife and I both bought a coat (hers was much, much, much more elaborate than mine). The total was probably around $700 for both, but hers was a longer coat, with fur around the collar and stitching along the front (it is quite a beautiful coat). My coat would have probably been around $200 - $250. It was the softest leather that I ever felt. It was hand pounded 4 times to make is softer and it was burnt to give it a certain look. The best part is that it fit perfectly. The belt that I bought was around $25 and the purse that my wife bought was probably around $40. Enjoy your trip and hope you find some great deals as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter