• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Central Europe: Austria, Germany & Czech Rep. Meets Thread

Calfan - yeah I'm super interested in the possible notion of an ABD river cruises as well (either Summer or Christmas). It seems like a Prague to Budapest cruise (which I would imagine is the most popular with other companies) would cannibalize it's Prague, Salzburg, & Vienna ABD. I don't know. Would they offer both?

Calfan - yeah I'm super interested in the possible notion of an ABD river cruises as well (either Summer or Christmas). It seems like a Prague to Budapest cruise (which I would imagine is the most popular with other companies) would cannibalize it's Prague, Salzburg, & Vienna ABD. I don't know. Would they offer both?

Good question. Maybe they wouldn't offer such a cruise in the summer, but in December for the Christmas markets, it wouldn't necessarily pull people away from the Central Europe ABD. They could actually be complementary. It is the Central Europe trip that introduced us to Prague such that we'd like to go back.

My husband and I are in Prague now. Unfortunately, we have to leave tomorrow. The city is wonderful!

We signed up for three tours with Prague Naked Tours. Sounds funny, but these guys were awesome! We didn't go in a lot of places, but we learned so much from them. They are students at the University here and you can tell they really know their stuff AND love the city. We took three tours, the early morning tour, the naziism and communism tour and the Prague castle at night tour. The castle tour does not go into the castle, but around it. Our guide, Stefan, is studying this history at university. Imogen gave us the first two tours, she's an American who came here to study and has stayed! We walked halfway across the Charles bridge where she told us about the statues, around the Jewish quarter, learned about the successful assassination of a nazi officer, climbed a really steep hill, rode trams and subways, learned about the clock etc....

As you can tell, we really liked these guys.

Hope everyone coming here has as good a time as we are having. We've done other stuff, like Kutna Hora and Karlstejn castle and generally just walked around town. Any questions, let me know.

Just wondering if anyone is doing this adventure on September 4th adults only? Really looking forward to this adventure, it will be DH and my 23 anniversary also.

My husband and I are in Prague now. Unfortunately, we have to leave tomorrow. The city is wonderful!

We signed up for three tours with Prague Naked Tours. Sounds funny, but these guys were awesome! We didn't go in a lot of places, but we learned so much from them. They are students at the University here and you can tell they really know their stuff AND love the city. We took three tours, the early morning tour, the naziism and communism tour and the Prague castle at night tour. The castle tour does not go into the castle, but around it. Our guide, Stefan, is studying this history at university. Imogen gave us the first two tours, she's an American who came here to study and has stayed! We walked halfway across the Charles bridge where she told us about the statues, around the Jewish quarter, learned about the successful assassination of a nazi officer, climbed a really steep hill, rode trams and subways, learned about the clock etc....

As you can tell, we really liked these guys.

Hope everyone coming here has as good a time as we are having. We've done other stuff, like Kutna Hora and Karlstejn castle and generally just walked around town. Any questions, let me know.

Sounds great!

Just wondering if anyone is doing this adventure on September 4th adults only? Really looking forward to this adventure, it will be DH and my 23 anniversary also.
I was going to be on this trip, but I ended up postpoining the trip, and now I've switched to the Danube cruise in 2016. It looks like a fabulous itinerary, and a great way to celebrate an anniversary! I've added you to the Roll Call on the first post of this thread.

Sayhello

I was going to be on this trip, but I ended up postpoining the trip, and now I've switched to the Danube cruise in 2016. It looks like a fabulous itinerary, and a great way to celebrate an anniversary! I've added you to the Roll Call on the first post of this thread.

Sayhello

Wife and I will be on this trip...for our 10th wedding anniversary...our second ABD! Can't wait!

Wife and I will be on this trip...for our 10th wedding anniversary...our second ABD! Can't wait!
Congrats on the trip and the Anniversary! I've added you to the Roll Call.

Maybe a really large party canceled. :confused3 I really do thing they should just fess up and tell you the actual reason.

Sayhello

Last edited:
Anybody else going on Sept 18 thru 26??? We are getting excited. The Summer will fly by.

Hi everyone! My name is Jen and I'll be traveling on the Sept. 18 trip with my Dad (Ira) and my sister (Melissa). This will be our first ABD and we are all very excited!

Hi everyone! My name is Jen and I'll be traveling on the Sept. 18 trip with my Dad (Ira) and my sister (Melissa). This will be our first ABD and we are all very excited!

Yay! We're going on that trip....too! Meet you in Prague! This will be our second ABD....We did Italy in 2013.

Congrats on booking your first ABD! I've added you to the Roll Call on the first post of this Thread!

Sayhello

We are tacking on DLP beforehand since we're so close. We get to Prague the day before and have a Beer Spa booked. Should be a unique experience!

We are arriving the day before as well - I think we'll be hiring a private guide to take us to all the places we won't see with ABD. My sister and I go with my Dad for a father/daughter trip every 2 years. 2 years ago we toured Italy on a Queenslander tour (excellent trip - they limit group to 16). We only had 8 on ours! 2 other couples and a woman whose husband doesn't fly :). It was awesome! 2 years before that we did England and France on our own - we rented apartments through VRBO and I just hired local guides in various locations.

The beer spa sounds cool! Maybe if I was with my husband I'd consider :) With Dad..... uh ... no :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter