• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cell Phones.... have you had a problem

Rapunsel

Tinkerbell... mood subject to change without notic
From our experience and that of our friends.... We realized that cell phones are great to make call to some one outside of WDW, but at WDW there are no Cell phone towers....

Meaning that you can't always get ahold of some one else in your party and their call might go strait to your voice mail and you might not get it for a couple of hours...

So at the end we just ditched our phones and wore a watch..

Has anyone else had this problem? Our best reception was at the ASM...

I have 2 Verizon phones and they worked great everywhere we went in the parks ... never had a problem.

What service do you have?

We also used Verizon all over WDW last spring.

We use Verizon and there are a couple of "dead zones" but we usually moved around until we got a signal. I did notice that voice mail was very delayed, too!!

pin

I have AT&T and my mom has Verizon, and I don't recall any problems calling each other within WDW.

we have sprint and it was terrible.
especially in the rooms we had to be outside and move
around alot, and it was still bad reception.

in the parks it wasnt as bad.

Verizon and parts of MGM don't get along, but I think everywhere else is fine. I don't remember having any trouble anywhere with AT&T, Sprint or Nextel. Sorry, any others I don't know about...

We're Sprint PCS and never have had a problem, inside or out of the parks.

ditto, Verizon was great. Also with the walkie talkies not all converstations are private. Also we taped the cell phone number to the inside of kids clothes, (and on DS diaper) so if they, God forbid, got lost we were immediately reachable.

When I (notice the emphasis on "I") had AT&T it worked great in Disney. Calls would come in, calls would go out. DH switched us to Cingular. In July 2003 we had a problem with calls could go out, and out and out but never IN (not even his phone to mine when we standing next to each other). They told us it was the phones so we upgraded the phones. Went to WDW Dec 2003, calls could go out only. Went to WDW MLK weeknd (last month). Calls could go out only--no one could call in!!!!! YCKK---and he signed a contract with them!!!!!!!!!

Last year we ran into huge problems with our cell phones in MK - the only park we split from our group and tried to then reach everyone. We never could get them to work - BUT - I have Verizon and I don't know what the other party's service is so they may have been the problem and not us - but they tried to reach us several times and could not. It actually ruined an afternoon for all of us as we were all frantic and finally just all had the foresight to leave the park and go back to the rooms and met up there. Just set up a meet place ahead of time and make sure everyone is clear as to where that is - in our case we said the Main Street Cinema but there are two doors and winding hallways so we never found each other in the throngs of people attempting to pick up their pictures. Just have back up plans if you're using them to meet up with people.

Used Verizon December 2003 and had no problems! We started off with Walkie Talkies but we wore picking up so much garbage from everyone ales that we quickly abandoned this idea. DH and I both have Verizon and we wore able to communicate without any problems, kids have a prepaid TrackFone and again we wore all able to communicate without any problem among each other.

We had more problems with our cell phones in our resort than we did the parks. There were some dead areas in the parks though. It was just hard to hear on the phones in some queue lines though. We use Cingular.

Our party used Cingular and Verizon. We had no problems except in the room but that was no big deal. We walked out on our patio if we needed to use the cell then. Mostly our use was in the parks and worked just fine.

~DawnMaree

No problem with Verizon. We had two different Verizon Phones and never had a problem. Another party in my group had ATT and it seemed to work ok.

Prepaid is a great option if you don't like walkie talkies.

We had service in the parks both with our 2 way's and the regular phones. Even inside the rides.

: )
Paula

pirate:

Anyone use T-mobile? Maybe I should switch to Verizon (I've been looking for an excuse to get a new phone).

We have verizon and since i worked on vacation -i know i'm a bad person- but work never rests, I have verizon and it worked everywhere

Originally posted by mainewmn
Used Verizon December 2003 and had no problems! ......., kids have a prepaid TrackFone and again we wore all able to communicate without any problem among each other.

Tracfone works!!!? Cool Beans!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter