cell phones from Walmart

Chaoster

Mouseketeer
Has anyone ever bought a cell from them? Is it any different than going to an actual verizon or ATT store? Sometimes the price is much cheaper. I am due for an upgrade and was thinking about going there. TIA.

I bought my kids' phones there last year. We are with Verizon and they were due for upgrade. Their phones were $29 at WalMart and I think $79 at Verizon, so definitely worth it. They just look up your existing contract just like the Verizon store would.

It seems the cell phone companies make you sign a two-year contract, but give you phones that only last 18 months! We could have re-upped early and got new phones, but since I'm switching carriers, I have to wait the full two years. My kids ATT phones have died, so I bought Walmart cell phones for $20 bucks for my kids to tide them over until we can switch carriers. The Walmart phones work just fine! Refurbished phones from ATT have cost me $50 in the past.

I got Straight Talk from Walmart ...It is their own version of prepaid I really like it. I want one of the touch screens but can't afford it right now. I don't miss having a contract at all;)

My DH uses a Walmart $25 phone everyday. He's never complained about it. We are with ATT. He just puts his SIM card into the new phone and off he goes. :thumbsup2

Just be careful and read and understand the return policies. That's where I've seen people get in trouble.

The phone doesn't work .. people try and take it back .. walmart ways go to carrier .. carrier says go to walmart.. and round and round.

Also, many of the sales people do not know how to set up email, transfer contacts and pix.. things like that.

It would really depend on what you get... Apple is Apple, Motorola is Motorola no matter where you buy them. (Around here at least) you can get Verizon or AT&T at Walmart, they are a reseller. They may offer the same promotions as the other stores.

If this is in regards to the "straight talk" thing, I have heard good things about it. I think Walmart also offers a post paid service now too.

We have pay-as-you go phones that we purchased from Target. We had problems with one phone, Target replaced it at the 60 day point. We only paid about $20 (on sale). The cheap phones are less stressful to replace when your kiddo drops it in the drink!!

My husband is very hard on phones so we often purchase one from Walmart to tide him over until he can get a new one with his contract. We just purchase one of their cheapo $20 prepaid phones (make sure you get the one that's compatible with your carrier) put in his SIM card and it works just fine. Whatever prepaid minutes came with the phone roll over onto his contract so you get to keep those extra minutes.

FYI, if you are considering a straight talk prepaid plan, look at the web site - you can get a refurb phone for free- just paying for the plan. I bought my niece a phone that was selling for $79 in Wal Mart, refurb for $30 including a $30 card. www.straighttalk.com

FYI, if you are considering a straight talk prepaid plan, look at the web site - you can get a refurb phone for free- just paying for the plan. I bought my niece a phone that was selling for $79 in Wal Mart, refurb for $30 including a $30 card. www.straighttalk.com

They have a touch phone now too I really want it but can't justify spending that much on a phone:confused3

what does a family plan run through Walmart? I think we pay way too much with Verizon even with corporate discount

Amazon has a wireless section too and you can renew your contract that way. I ordered a Torch through them and it was a LOT cheaper then what AT&T had it for. Everything went smoothly, and they shipped fast.

I read about Virgin Mobile here and am switching all of ours as the contracts expire. $25 a month with no contract. 300 minutes, unlimited texts, unlimited internet access. They run on Sprint's network.

If you are going to extend your contract, look at Costco as well, if you are a member. They include some extras. I think.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter