Cell phones (at and T)

Skyw

DIS Veteran
ANyone with At@t (cingular) get coverage in the Bahama's? Or anywhere on the trip? My mom is selling her house and needs to maintain some sort of contact....

We had coverage in St. Thomas as most US providers do. I know we had coverage on another day when we were passing by some islands - don't remember where though.

If anything comes up, folks can call your room and leave a voice mail. Yes it's expensive, but given the huge commissions real estate agents get, they can afford to spend $7 a minute to leave you a message.

ANyone with At@t (cingular) get coverage in the Bahama's? Or anywhere on the trip? My mom is selling her house and needs to maintain some sort of contact....

You will need to ensure that she has a tri-band or quad-band phone. Just have her dial 611 for Customer Service, and they can tell her if her phone will work. She will also need to tell them that she will be doing international roaming. Tell her that when they discuss the options, she wants the pay by the minute, which is $0.99 per minute. The other option only reduces the per minute charge minimally, but they also charge you a monthly fee.

You should have coverage in Nassau (I am assuming you are doing a 3 or 4 day Wonder). Some have had coverage at CC, but I never have had it.

We have Cingular and I definitely had coverage in Nassau. I was getting text messages while there. I am not sure about CC as I left my phone on board the ship. :confused3

We have Cingular and had coverage on Castaway Cay. Be sure to let them know you are traveling and you definitely want the charges by the minute unless you plan on using the phone a lot, then the monthly fee with minimally(sp?) reduced rates might be better.

i only had coverage in st. thomas also on our cruise. i have verizon as my provider...
sorry.... but i did inquire at verizon and i oculd have added and extended coverage to my plan but it was too expensive for me to get for only 7 days...
maybe your mother would benefit from this? good luck....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter