Celiac - looking for gluten free Treats at WDW please!

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by DznyFan, Jan 30, 2009.

1. DznyFan

DznyFan 13.1

I have a list of some OK items and restaurants from Walt Disney World dining, but they didn't have much for Epcot and their 'treats'. Obviously I know I can't have cannolli any more in Italy, or the Funnel Cakes or the Crepes... but what about Rice Cream at Kringla Bakeri in Norway??? What other wonderful treats can I still have? Kaki Gori? the Margaritas? How about the International Food & Wine festival - it's a favorite of ours but how celiac-friendly is it?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. KPeveler

KPeveler Moderator Moderator

i'd ask over on the disabilities board - lots of celiacs there!

4. jayhjay

jayhjay DIS Veteran

I am not sure if I am allowed to post the link here, but on All Ears Net they have some nice articles written by people with Celiac's talking about what they ate. Here is the link: http://allears.net/din/guestceliac.htm

If for some reason I can't post the link, go to her site and click dining. On the left side there is a long list of links and Celiac's is one of them.

5. Luv2Roam

Luv2Roam Dexter: Takes Life. Seriously.

I have a friend who orders the gluten free burgers at American Adventure. Having a burger is a real treat for her as not many places offer gluten free buns.

6. jmkrat

jmkrat DIS Veteran

I have celiac's too, and for a treat I will usually eat the ice cream. The frozen bananas, and plain choc. ice cream bars are gf. I am not too sure what else would be as far as treats in the carts. The popcorn is gluten free and the turkey legs are gluten free. Other than that I am not sure about Epcot, the MK has gluten free brownies and cookies. I even asked about the caramel apples and they were gf at one time. I would double check on the apples, it was quite awhile ago that I asked. Please read your PM from me.

7. dizney4us

dizney4us Mouseketeer

My daughters both have celiac disease. They love having the Pilgrims Feast at Liberty Tree Tavern )MK). For dessert the chef made them a delicious choc cake, they just loved it and can't wait to have it again in February. They also had GF pasta dishes in Italy, and they gave them a GF brownie, not freshly made, but they still enjoyed it.

8. goin2themouse

goin2themouse Mouseketeer

Here is info I was sent by Disney earlier this month. Of course, ask yourself once you're there, you know the drill. :goodvibes

I hope that the formatting copies over okay. If not, drop me a PM.

9. goin2themouse

goin2themouse Mouseketeer

These are also listed in a rather odd manner, not sure what dietary need they meet, but since the list the manufacturers, you can always look them up directly.