Celiac - looking for gluten free Treats at WDW please!

DznyFan

I have a list of some OK items and restaurants from Walt Disney World dining, but they didn't have much for Epcot and their 'treats'. Obviously I know I can't have cannolli any more in Italy, or the Funnel Cakes or the Crepes... but what about Rice Cream at Kringla Bakeri in Norway??? What other wonderful treats can I still have? Kaki Gori? the Margaritas? How about the International Food & Wine festival - it's a favorite of ours but how celiac-friendly is it?

I have a list of some OK items and restaurants from Walt Disney World dining, but they didn't have much for Epcot and their 'treats'. Obviously I know I can't have cannolli any more in Italy, or the Funnel Cakes or the Crepes... but what about Rice Cream at Kringla Bakeri in Norway??? What other wonderful treats can I still have? Kaki Gori? the Margaritas? How about the International Food & Wine festival - it's a favorite of ours but how celiac-friendly is it?

i'd ask over on the disabilities board - lots of celiacs there!

I am not sure if I am allowed to post the link here, but on All Ears Net they have some nice articles written by people with Celiac's talking about what they ate. Here is the link: http://allears.net/din/guestceliac.htm

If for some reason I can't post the link, go to her site and click dining. On the left side there is a long list of links and Celiac's is one of them.

I have a friend who orders the gluten free burgers at American Adventure. Having a burger is a real treat for her as not many places offer gluten free buns.

I have celiac's too, and for a treat I will usually eat the ice cream. The frozen bananas, and plain choc. ice cream bars are gf. I am not too sure what else would be as far as treats in the carts. The popcorn is gluten free and the turkey legs are gluten free. Other than that I am not sure about Epcot, the MK has gluten free brownies and cookies. I even asked about the caramel apples and they were gf at one time. I would double check on the apples, it was quite awhile ago that I asked. Please read your PM from me.

My daughters both have celiac disease. They love having the Pilgrims Feast at Liberty Tree Tavern )MK). For dessert the chef made them a delicious choc cake, they just loved it and can't wait to have it again in February. They also had GF pasta dishes in Italy, and they gave them a GF brownie, not freshly made, but they still enjoyed it.

Here is info I was sent by Disney earlier this month. Of course, ask yourself once you're there, you know the drill. :goodvibes

I hope that the formatting copies over okay. If not, drop me a PM.

The following items are gluten, lactose, and peanut free.

Delicious Fudgie Brownie
Chocolate Chip Cookie

Manufactured by GLP Manufacturing Corporation
www.okbrownie.com

Most of these items can be found in the following locations;

MAGIC KINGDOM® Park Main Street Bakery
Epcot® Liberty Inn
DISNEY’S ANIMAL KINGDOM® Theme Park Kusafari Bakery
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge The Mara
Disney’s All Star Resorts Sports, Music, & Movies
Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort Old Port Royale
Disney’s Contemporary Resort Food & Fun Center
Disney’s Port Orleans Resort-French Quarter Food Court
Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa Gasparilla Grill & Games
Disney’s Polynesian Resort Captain Cook’s
Disney’s Pop Century Resort Food Court
Disney’s Port Orleans Resort Food Court
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa The Artist’s Palette
Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Roaring Forks
Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resorts Beach Club Marketplace
Disney’s Old Key West Resort Good’s to Go

These products are available in most food and beverage locations. Advanced notice required on some products. **Always ask to speak to a chef or manager; vendors, products, and ingredients may change. Ingredient labels are available upon request.

Gluten-Free
GF Brownie Mix (Bob’s Red Mill)
GF All Purpose Baking Mix (Bob’s Red Mill)
Wheat Free Biscuit & Baking Mix (Bob’s Red Mill)
GF Mighty Tasty Hot Cereal (Bob’s Red Mill)
GF Pancake Mix (Bob’s Red Mill)
Xanthan Gum (Bob’s Red Mill)
White Rice Flour (Bob’s Red Mill)
Brown Rice Pasta (Mrs. Leepers)
Tinkyada Elbow Pasta (Gluten Free Pantry)
Quinoa/Corn Macaroni (Ancient Harvest)
Gluten Free Waffles – pre-made (Van’s)
Gluten Free Waffle & Pancake Mix (Namaste Foods)
Gluten & Wheat Free Pizza (Amy’s)
Gluten Free Macaroni & Cheese(Amy’s)
Marinara Sauce (Amy’s)
Wheat Free Tamari Soy Sauce (San-J)
Egg Replacement Powder (EnerG)
Tapioca Hamburger Bun (EnerG)
Tapioca Hot Dog Buns (EnerG)
Tapioca Dinner Roll (EnerG)
Brown Rice Bread (EnerG)
Rice Pizza Shells (EnerG)

Gluten & Wheat Free Rice Dinner Rolls (Cybros)
Old-fashioned Cake/Cookie Mix (Gluten Free Pantry)
Frozen Cookies, Chocolate (Gluten Free Kneads)
Frozen Cookies, Cinnamon (Gluten Free Kneads)
Frozen Cookies, Lemon (Gluten Free Kneads
Chocolate Cake Mix (Namaste Foods)
Vanilla Cake Mix (Namaste Foods)
Carrot/Spice Cake Mix (Namaste Foods)
Shortening, Organic, Spectrum Natural (Spectrum)
Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix (Bob’s Red Mill)

These are also listed in a rather odd manner, not sure what dietary need they meet, but since the list the manufacturers, you can always look them up directly.

Prepackaged Snacks (in limited locations)
Delicious Fudgie Brownie (RICH Manufactering)
Chocolate Chip Cookie (GLP Manufacturing)
Chocolate Chip Cookie (Divvies)
Caramel Popcorn (Divvies)
Jelly Beans (Divvies)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter