celiac at BOG and Chef's?

hcipi

Mouseketeer
Ok, trip coming soon and as usual I am rethinking and over organizing. :magnify:

I have heard a few things about BOG and Chef's de France not being accomodating with some special food requests. I have a Celiac kid so it is very important that we visit the right places. If I have to I will change our ressies at these two restaurants if it seems many of you think it is not a good idea!:worship:

Thanks!!

BOG was no problem with gluten. Chef's is in France, correct? That is NOT Disney owned/operated and yes, I have heard of people having issues there.

No problems at BOG. There have been many stories about Chefs' not be accomodating, but I did read one recently where they had a good experience, so maybe they are coming around.

I have heard a few things about BOG and Chef's de France not being accomodating with some special food requests.

1) BoG for breakfast and lunch have alternatives.
. . . they do not have a "chef" until dinner
. . . so, the allergy alternatives have been pre-selected,
. . . like most other QS locations, it is a manager that comes out to talk to you, and not a chef
2) France does have chefs at all meals.
. . . although they have alternatives, they are not "creative" like other eateries
. . . it is usually a case if substituting stock foods rather than starting from scratch

BOG is fine at dinner but for breakfast and lunch when you push the gluten free button on the kiosk you get offered what you get offered and nothing else. The bread they use is millet bread so you would probably know if that will work for your child or not. You can go in and do a pre-order once you have a lunch ADR and it will show exactly what is available gluten free. I had no issues at Chef's but I wanted the rotisserie chicken which didn't have any of my allergens. If he will be happy with the things they offer at Chefs that are naturally gluten free you should be fine but they don't go out of their way to make anything special. I'm not sure if they carry gluten free pasta or not if he was interested in the French version of mac and cheese....

Be Our Guest dinner has been fine. My kids have a ton of allergies and so I do always reach out to speak to the chefs in advance. Only issue we had was BoG was the only restaurant out of 10 ADRs that did not call me back even after a reminder was sent from Special Diets for our most recent trip. We did okay there for dinner but they couldn't come up with a safe dessert. It would have needed to be ordered ahead in our case. But for gluten free alone I'm sure you will be fine.

But lunch and breakfast is quick service so your options are limited. They do have quite a bit but it's not like with a TS meal where they can be more accommodating.

Thanks everyone...I kept BOG for our dinner ressie and switched Chefs for Le Cellier (yes I nabbed a very late lunch ressie for 6!! What luck) It will be more $$ but they are great for GF from our past experiences.:yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter