Celebrity?

ChicagoMom

Mouseketeer
How is Celebrity for a family with young kids? And is Celebrity really as hippish/upscale as its ads make it out to be? My DH and I don't care about nightclubs.

we sailed with a minor (8 at the time) on celebrity and he had a blast - they kept him so busy with kids his own age that I barely got to see him, which is what HE preferred lol

I loooove Celebrity. DH and I are late 30's. I'm not a late night girl and we don't need the bells and whistles that RCI has for entertainment. My cousin cruised with us who was 11 at the time during MLK week and really enjoyed it. We cruised with my son while he was an infant. Now I will wait until he is potty trained to cruise them again - but that is a personal preference thing. I want him to be able to go in water and there is no water (splash pad/wading pool) etc that he could go on now.) everything I have read said the kids clubs are great for the 3-10 crowd. They do a lot of activities, etc. :). I'd say if the kids are over 3 - go have fun!

I had a terrible cruise in celebrity. Food was so awful I lost weight. Service was horrid. I was bored to tears most of the time. The shows were bad. Customs was a nightmare. Lines everywhere. Tendering a catastrophe.

I don't usually do nightclubs so I don't know how they were

No kids so I don't know how they were

In late 30s

Much more enjoyed princess even though it was mostly elderly folks. Have RCCL booked for next Christmas but never celebrity again

I had a terrible cruise in celebrity. Food was so awful I lost weight. Service was horrid. I was bored to tears most of the time. The shows were bad. Customs was a nightmare. Lines everywhere. Tendering a catastrophe.

I don't usually do nightclubs so I don't know how they were

No kids so I don't know how they were

In late 30s

Much more enjoyed princess even though it was mostly elderly folks. Have RCCL booked for next Christmas but never celebrity again

Which Celebrity ship and when?

Someone else might have had a great time. Cruising is very personal. I just wanted to give my personal perspective.

Celebrity solstice September 2013 to hawaii

Someone else might have had a great time. Cruising is very personal. I just wanted to give my personal perspective.

We were on the Solstice for 14 nights in January 2014, and our experience was vastly different from yours. The food and service were very good, and I enjoyed the entertainment.

Problems with US Customs and Immigration are not the fault of the cruise line.

I've been on two celebrity cruises. The constellation. Both were Turner Classic movie charters. Food was mediocre. Service was awful. Crabby disinterested wait staff and bar staff. The room steward was fine. We have been on Disney, princess, silver sea and crystal. We will never go on another celebrity. And we have been on the TCM cruises that were chartered from Disney. So it wasn't just because it was a charter. Couldn't tell the difference on Disney between charter and regular cruise.

The problem with the customs was celebrity organization. I've been on plenty cruises with no customs problem but this was insane. No one knew where to tell us to go etc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter