• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Celebrity sightings at WDW Resorts...

About 4 years ago we sat next to Barbara Bush and her staff (along with a lot of secret service posted at all the doors) at Les Chefs de France. She was very friendly and talked with a number of people in the restaurant. We chose to just smile and leave her alone.

:jester:

On my trip this past April, we saw the lead singer from the group Everclear, Alex something (I forget his last name) with his girlfriend, daughter, and a CM tourguide in the MK. It was funny because we had just seen a "Behind the Music" episode about the band before we left for vacation!

On that same trip, we saw "Scottie Too Hottie", Scott Taylor, of the WWF with his wife. According to Mankind (Mick Foley)'s book, both he and Scott are huge WDW fans!

June 17th I was shooting baskets on the Boardwalk and Pat Sajak came along side and shot a few for his kids. Real nice guy as after I took my father in law's picture with him, he asked for 2 wallets as a souvenir!!

At the BoardWalk at Easter last year, my family met Ray Brown from the San Francisco 49ers. Ray wears jersey number “65” for the 49’ers, and he is an offensive lineman (hey, I know nothing about sports but am a wiz at finding out information on the Internet: http://www.fortyniners.com/team/Playerinfo.asp?TeamRosterID=13 ). Anyway, my husband is a BIG sports fan and he struck up a conversation with Ray, who wound up to be just exactly what I thought a 49’er should be – gracious, kind, and built (as my Father would say) like a brick sh*% house (aka, I wouldn’t want to be on the field the same time as Ray was). It’s always a special WDW vacation when my husband gets to see (and meet) a player of one of his favorite sports.

A couple of years ago, I was in the Mickey's Friends character greetings with my daughters. The back door opened and in walked a CM with three young ladies. The shortest one looked very familiar and I kept staring at her. She kept looking at me with a look of dread. I think she was afraid I was going to approach her. I didn't. But, I finally realized why she looked so familiar. It was Tara Lapinski.

During my college Spring Break in 1996 I saw David Copperfield walking through Pleasure Island with his bodyguards. Several people stopped him for pictures before he exited through a backstage gate.

Several years ago we watched Vanna White film a Xmas piece for the Xmas TV show while we visited Fort Wilderness.

About 7 or 8 years ago we saw the pretaping of the Christmas parade at MGM. We stood behind Will Freidel and Fred Savage (or the other brother??) while they taped a segment of the Toy Story parade. We had our 2 seconds of fame. If you looked real close on Christmas day, you could see my 2 year old and myself behind them.

Also, a few years ago we saw Dan Marino in the Magic Kingdom near the teacups. I pointed him out to my husband (who knows absolutly nothing about football) and he said I just pee'd next to him in the mens room. He had no idea who he was. :cool:

In 1999 when I was at Disney on a business trip a group of us danced with Drew Carey at 8-Trax. Then this February when I was there with my family I ran into Buck Showalter (former manager of the Yankees) and Brian McRae (former player) at the Dolphin. They were there doing a show for ESPN.

Jason

My friend and I were at MGM and we saw Raymond from Everybody Loves Raymond getting his square done. Then a few weeks later we saw Aaron Carter and Samantha Mumba when they were doing their special.
And speaking of Aaron Carter... one night two friends and I had gone to the late night special at Disney Quest and we were hungry afterward and it was about 1am, not too many people were out and about in West Side so we decided to go to Planet Hollywood to eat and when we went in we got seated upstairs with only two other groups, one of which included Aaron Carter and some body guards etc.
Another siting at Planet Hollywood was around the same time of night, once again after a Disney Quest trip and there were even less people in Planet Hollywood and while we were ordering I looked to my left and there were the guys of O-town sitting about two tables down from us, with a set of 4 body guards in between. We were the only teenage girls in the restaurant and probably the only ones who knew them so we got their autographs and to talk to them for awhile.
And, sorry for the long stories but I have one more. About two years ago my friend and I were having drinks and listening to music at the GF and there was a bit of a commotion by the elevator and a bunch of people came out and we saw Rosie in the middle of them.

Back in 1988 when I went with my hubby for the first time we saw Joan Lunden and family at Chef Mickey while we were having breakfast :-)

This June Pat Sajack was in the suite next to our room. I passed him in the hall taking his daughter to get her faced painted on the Boardwalk & he ate breakfast in the concirge lounge next to us. When we moved to AKL later that week my 2 daughter saw Patrick Ewing in the elevator. ( we were told a few of the NBA stars were there at that time) This is unconfirmed but my DH thinks he saw Mike tyson jogging down the boardwalk early in the morning with a hooded sweatshirt... he really thinks it was him. And he thought it odd at first anyone would have a hooded sweet shirt on in JUNE. The Staff at AKL said AKL was THE place to be seen this year.

Though not at WDW, my son and I were at NBA City at CityWalk two years ago to watch the Super Bowl and the entire Phoenix Suns basketball team was there too.

My son, then 16 yrs old and a huge NBA fan, was shooting baskets there and two rather tall men asked if they could shoot as well (the games area). You guessed it, two of the Suns players. My son, Aaron, was in heaven I think.

In the spring of 1991, I saw Joe McIntyre (still w/New Kids on the Block at the time) in the Emporium and my girlfriend and I were not only really big New Kids fans but her fave was Joey so she of course freaked out a little. We (hate to admit) followed him out of the store and he headed over to Pirates of the Caribbean and took pictures with us. We were thrilled!!

We also saw Hulk Hogan at the GF 1994 while he was filming Thunder in Paradise. Stood next to him in the food/game room are getting coffee....

Mariah Carey was in the gift shop at the Beach Club last Thursday! We also saw one of the weather men from the weather channel in the lobby of the Dolphin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter