Celebrity Fashion Hit & Misses, you decide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blondie

~*~*~*~<br><font color=blue>This TF always enjoys
KimCattral_Grani_300x435.jpg

Here's To You, Mrs. Robinson: Kim Cattrall positively glows in this beaded Armani see-through sheath with a revealing neckline, deep back, and sexy peek-a-boo side cutouts. The "Sex and the City" star obviously has nothing to hide, showing off every inch of her ultra-toned figure. It's not a look most fortysomethings could get away with, but the actress manages to make it work.

RobinWilli_Grani_300x435.jpg

Comedian of the Cloth: Was Robin Williams hearing confession on the red carpet? The hyper-active star once again shows off his lack of sartorial savvy, hitting the Emmys in a neo-Nehru jacket that just screams, "Holy cow!" On the plus side, Williams has toned down his usually outlandish eyewear, opting instead for an understated (and slightly dorky) pair of '60s-style frames that look straight off the set of "Good Morning, Vietnam."

JoeyPantol_Grani_300x435.jpg

Showy Pants: You'd think a guy nicknamed Joey Pants would have a better sense of style. Nope. Joe Pantoliano sports a shiny custom-made Italian blue silk suit, which he pairs with a baby blue and white polka dot vest, matching tie and his requisite Kangol hat (color-coordinated for the occasion). It's a look even Tony Soprano would agree deserves to be whacked.

StockardCh_Cohen_300x435.jpg

Vampirella: Stockard Channing totally bites in an ill-fitting desert rose silk taffeta Carolina Herrera confection that looks more Transylvania than Tinseltown. The wrapping sleeveless gown sports an unflattering Dracula-like neckline, which only plays up the "West Wing" first lady's unflattering pixie-style 'do. Someone get a wooden stake and some holy water.

AliciaSilv_Cohen_300x435.jpg

Deep 'V' Diving: Alicia Silverstone goes vintage in a Lily et Cie gown that perilously plunges down to there and is dangerously cut up to there. The delicate frock is a perfect pairing for the cutie-pie "Miss Match" starlet, whose slimline figure is a result of her strict no-meat policy. Alicia wisely nixes showy jewels, save for some sparkly earrings, although we wish she had gone for a more sophisticated -- and styled -- hair do.

SarahJessi_Cohen_300x435.jpg

Couture Allure: Sarah Jessica Parker is just as bold with her fashion choices as her small screen alter ego Carrie Bradshaw, choosing to walk the red carpet in a cotton candy pink Chanel creation that reportedly took a whopping 250 hours to make. The "Sex and the City" star wisely opts against a necklace or heavy earrings, preferring to let the beautiful strapless tulle-and-lace number speak for itself. Parker polishes her look with glowing tanned skin and splendid streamlined locks.

JenniferAn_Grani_300x435.jpg

Blue Swoon: Jennifer Aniston makes the Emmy scene in a deep blue cocktail dress that seems like a modern update of Marilyn Monroe's white frock from "Seven Year Itch" (the one that was famously blown into the air as she stood atop a subway grate). With its bound waistline, plunging neckline and pleated bottom, this ensemble seems tailor-made for the "Friends" star's amazing figure. Aniston, who went to the show stag (hubby Brad Pitt is filming "Troy"), completes her look with a silver beaded bag, tanned skin and loose golden brown locks.

ChristinaA_Grani_300x435.jpg

Dapper Flapper: Christina Applegate channels the '20s in a flapper-like lilac gown and long necklaces. It's a tough look to pull off without appearing costume-y, but the actress, who took home an Emmy for her guest-starring role on "Friends," succeeds thanks to such modern touches as a pleated skirt and a draping bodice overlay. Less successful are Applegate's new short bob, which makes her look older than her years, and pale makeup, which, when paired with her tanned skin, makes her appear washed out.

All misses in my opinion. You think for how much money these people make they could afford to dress better.

Originally posted by smileybrat
All misses in my opinion. You think for how much money these people make they could afford to dress better.

Ah yes....but then what would they do for shock value?

The only one I like is Sarah Jessica Parker, and only on her. On anyone else, the dress would be hideous.

Blah!

Perhaps we could start a DIS Fashion Faux Pas thread!

;)

I suppose I'm going to be the only dissenter here, but I actually liked the dresses of Sarah Jessica Parker, Jennifer Aniston and Christina Applegate. I would never be able to pull them off, but they strike me as being glam without going over the top. As far as Kim Cattral's dress, well, I'd consider myself lucky to be that confident when I'm her age :) I also rather like Robin Williams' suit, only because it's nice to see something other than the typical bowtie (since I'm not really a fan).

I like Sarah Jessica Parker's dress, Jennifer Aniston's and Christina Applegate's. I would like Alicia Silverstone's, but I think the color washes her out.

I don't mind Kim Catrell's, but I don't think it works on her. It smushes everything "upstairs" a bit too much.

I thought that Courtney Cox looked wonderful as did Courtney Thorne Smith.

yeah, --simply amazing since this was posted 13 years ago! Odd first choice for a brand new poster, around here, it's what we call a ZOMBIE THREAD!

Hmmmmm...since this thread is 13 years old I doubt that fionakay could see the photos either. She is just here to try and get people to read her blog. I don't bother with people's blogs so won't be reading it.

Probably because the original thread was posted in 2003, and the pics are no longer being hosted so they display.

It's the same with the Show Your Face thread at the top. Most of the photos posted more than a year ago are no longer available. I gave up browsing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter