• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Celebration

disneyvacationmom

<font color=teal>Can I force you to take me with y
Has anyone ever visited Celebration and if so how did you get there? We would love to go but won't have a car while we are there.

Good morning Kathy! :)

I've always been curious about Celebration, but I've never been there. It's so close to WDW that one of these days I'll have to go take a look. Why not take a cab?

Here's a link to their website. Celebration :)

Hi:

We went there last april, but we had our car. It is something to see. We actually went thru some open houses and the decorating was out of this world gorgeous. Some houses had two storey apartments attached to the back of their house for a granny flat, or young adult flat. I think they were in the 300,000 and up range. But they also had apartments.

My adult kids felt that they were ripped off as youngsters, as we saw alot of children with electric scooters, zooming around, ours had to use their legs to push theirs, lol

People who lived there had small electric cars. There were no cars parked in the fronts of houses, at the back only.

The houses are really nice, magnolia trees were in bloom on the boulevards. I did not get into the stores though, hubby is not a shopper.

Deb.

Hi!!!

I made it a special point to visit Celebration on my last trip because I always wanted to see this real live stepford village. Unfortunately, although it's very close to WDW, it is after all on Disney property, you do need a car to get there. If you are not renting a car, I am sure it wouldn't be too much for a cab to the town center. We spent very little time there, but got enough of a look. The houses are cute and the town center is quaint with expensive little shops and some cafes. It really wasn't anything to write home about, but I was satisfied that I got to see it. It's about a 10-15 minute drive from WDW itself depending where you are staying. If you decide to rent a car and are staying on site you can get a transportation map upon check in that will show you where Celebration is located. I can't remember exactly how we got there, I think we just followed the signs on the road, it was really easy to get to.

Belle2002, I was just going to post about the "Stepford" feeling to the place. We felt that the homes were gorgeous and the golf course looked great. Not sure I could stand the absolute necessity to fit in with the decor and appearance for long. When doing a search on rental properties in the Orlando area, Celebration World Resort ( think that's the name) keeps popping up. Price doesn't look bad either.
I believe Celebration is just off the 192. Quite close to the All Stars and AKL actually.

Yep Celebration is about 10 minutes from All Star resorts. It is very beauitful there they have a beautiful pond in the downtown area and fountains etc. We picked up a floor plan from there and when we find a piece of land that we can build our house on that is what we are building. Problem now is finding one that the builder will allow you to use your own design and not have to make it look like every other house on the street.

I'd also like to visit Celebration, sounds like it's worth seeing at least once. Maybe we can find some time this upcoming trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter