Celebration Vacation is so exclutionary (sp??)

With the YOAMD, everyone had an equal chance at something special. Now, what are the odds that someone can actually schedule their vacation at the same time as a birthday? And even if they can, one day park entrance for one person is not enough to plan a vacation around. It just seems really useless. Am I missing something?

Oh for goodness sake, you are going to DISNEY WORLD! I don't know why you should expect something extra. Oh wait, they are giving something extra, you just don't think it's enough. Do you know how much extra money it would cost to give everyone something free just because they showed up? It wouldn't really be free, the prices would go up for all of us. Sheesh, I don't understand why you would complain about a freebie! Seriously, can someone explain this to me? Oh and by the way, we were already planning to be there on a family member's birthday next year (late 2009) and this is a nice unexpected bonus. We would not be pitching a fit if we weren't going on someone's birthday or if it was worth less money, I actually think it's QUITE generous. Different strokes, I guess.

Oh for goodness sake, you are going to DISNEY WORLD! I don't know why you should expect something extra. Oh wait, they are giving something extra, you just don't think it's enough. Do you know how much extra money it would cost to give everyone something free just because they showed up? It wouldn't really be free, the prices would go up for all of us. Sheesh, I don't understand why you would complain about a freebie! Seriously, can someone explain this to me? Oh and by the way, we were already planning to be there on a family member's birthday next year (late 2009) and this is a nice unexpected bonus. We would not be pitching a fit if we weren't going on someone's birthday or if it was worth less money, I actually think it's QUITE generous. Different strokes, I guess.

Not sure where you got that idea from my post, but I guess you are trying to read between the lines?? Not everyone got something with YOAMD. No way could Disney give everyone something. I guess I am just saying that this promotion is a disappointment, because unless you are able to plan a trip (we can only go once every 3-6 years) on your birthday, there is no hope of getting a surprise. I saw people win stuff when we were last there (durring YOAMD), and I was thrilled for them. Anyone had a chance, although few did receive. It wasn't the actual receiving that was fun, but the chance that you might. Just adds to the magic.

This is a way for Disney to have a theme and spend the least possible amount of money. I am not complaining, but how many of the thousands of people at Disney on any given day are there on their actual birthday? With the YOMD there was a stated amount of money worth of product that was to be give away. By going to a park, you in effect you bought a lottery ticket, giving you the chance to win. I believe they also had a mail in way to enter, but the prizes were not the same.
With the way the economy is, Disney is continuing their theme promotions, but spending less. Knowing not many people could actually take advantage of it. Of course there will be some more shows or parades which cost money, but no matter what the promotion they will have these.
Mawe

Not sure where you got that idea from my post, but I guess you are trying to read between the lines?? Not everyone got something with YOAMD. No way could Disney give everyone something. I guess I am just saying that this promotion is a disappointment, because unless you are able to plan a trip (we can only go once every 3-6 years) on your birthday, there is no hope of getting a surprise. I saw people win stuff when we were last there (durring YOAMD), and I was thrilled for them. Anyone had a chance, although few did receive. It wasn't the actual receiving that was fun, but the chance that you might. Just adds to the magic.

My point, which I think you missed, is that Disney doesn't owe you ANYTHING extra. Not even the chance of anything extra. You are entitled to what you pay for at their advertised prices. Period. I think it's crazy to get upset that you don't like their free offer because you can't take advantage. You obviously think it's totally normal. Let's agree to disagree.

I don't know why WDW started all this baloney in the first place. Disney opened in Fl, in I believe 1972. The parks went for 30+ years w/out this malarkey. They should have let the the give aways stop with the end of the YOAMD. Disney will just have people expecting a new gimmick.

I think it is a good promotion for DISNEY..........I think it is a GOOD promotion for those who live close.
I have not read all the thread so if i am a repeat ....... Sorry.

I think it is a good promotion to promote locals so coem to Disney! And if you happen to not be a local and can take advanatage even better for Disney!

And DISNEY as much as it is Magical is still a company that must be feelign some of the hits from our struggling economy.

I think people may go that live close who may not have gone other wise.

I think i am going to go fo rmy birthday and maybe my DD, who knows maybe DS as well.

When does this start?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter