Celebration pins

chadajs1

Earning My Ears
I have been to Disney in the past but never celebrated anything. My wife and I (and 3 children driving from NY YIKES!!) are going next week and celebrating our aniversary. The CM on the phone said we would get pins to wear. What happens when you wear the pins?

In addition to every CM saying "Happy Anniversary" we got special desserts and complimentary champagne toast along with the best seating for dinner and fireworks at the CG. While nothing is ever guaranteed I can tell you that friends of ours had pretty much the same experience.

The extra attention you get is really cool....we also been given front row seats on rides (depending on how many people in line....) Nothing is ever guaranteed, but very often the Pixie Dust flies !!!

When we wore our "Just Engaged" and "Happily Ever After" pins, just about every CM we saw said something nice to us, as did a surprisingly large number of guests. We got water and snacks for free, we were given multiple FASTPASSes for rides from CMs, we were pulled to the front of the line multiple times, given primo seating on rides/shows, allowed to ride-through a couple times, got special desserts and treats at dinner, we even got a free ride photo on ToT and Dinosaur... It's a lot of fun. You feel so special at the end of the day, like a VIP or a celebrity.

I still remember walking into the bathroom at AK by RFC and a CM was there cleaning... She stopped what she was doing, wished me congrats, and made everybody in the bathroom clap. And there was a sweet man who sat at the exit of AK who gave us marriage advice, which was actually sweeter then it sounds.

Since several thousand celebration buttons are worn every day, don't expect anything to happen beyond a whole lot of friendly "Happy Anniversary!" comments.

BUT, when we wore ours on our 25th anniversary celebration week, we got free cupcakes after every single meal (with the exception of Kona Cafe- where it was noted on our reservation AND mentioned at check-in, which was our only TS meal on our actual anniversary! Bubkus! ;) ) and at Crystal Palace the waiter brought out cupcakes (after breakfast-ugh) sprinkled with Mickey confetti and a card autographed by Pooh & Friends. It was pretty cool.

Did you or do you wear your pins for the whole trip or just on the date of the celebration?

Just make sure you call them buttons.

If you say pins, the CM will be sure to refer you to a merchandise shop.

There's no "Button Police." You will not have to provide documentation to prove it's your birthday, anniversary, first trip, etc.

We wore our anniversary buttons all week because it was fun to get the attention. Since the buttons don't guarantee you anything more than lots of good wishes, it doesn't matter if you wear them one day or 10.

There's no "Button Police." You will not have to provide documentation to prove it's your birthday, anniversary, first trip, etc.

We wore our anniversary buttons all week because it was fun to get the attention. Since the buttons don't guarantee you anything more than lots of good wishes, it doesn't matter if you wear them one day or 10.

Or birthdays. Because I'll be damned if my birthday isn't gonna last for my whole trip, like it did when I was down here last October :) I wore the button and the birthday ears all week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter