Celebration of Harry Potter - are we doomed?!

allaboutthemouse

DIS Veteran
So I just booked the last weekend in January 2016 for a birthday weekend trip for my son, focusing on Harry Potter...he has never been and I chose this weekend b/c I thought it was low crowd time, so we could wander and take in the Harry Potter areas without being in mobs of people. Then I do some searching and discover this is the weekend that the last two Celebration of Harry Potter events were in 2014 and 2015.

So are we doomed? :scared: Will it be crazy crowded?

I know it is not "officially" announced yet, but I am thinking it could be this time. The only thing the Universal website says at this point is that it is listed under the annual event offerings in the "Spring."

Thoughts?
TIA

Yes, it'll be pretty crowded, but you can think of the bright side- it's an awesome event for Harry Potter fans. If you're focusing on HP, it's pretty much the perfect weekend to come. I've been to the Celebration for the past two years and it's really very cool. Lots of Q&A's and demonstrations by the cast and crew of the films. I even got have a conversation with one of the graphic designers about how she drew the Marauder's Map. One of my favorite memories at Universal ever :)

We were there at the time in 2014 and experienced no huge crowds. We didn't even encounter large tourist crowds. (This year, earlier than the big weekend, we found the tourists from far away, but they were mainly on our cruise)

If you are participating in the weekend you'll see the crowds but in my experience of you're not participating it's not bad at all.

Plus, bonus chances to see actors. We ran into Evanna Lynch by chance during our 2014 trip. :)

We were there at the time in 2014 and experienced no huge crowds. We didn't even encounter large tourist crowds. (This year, earlier than the big weekend, we found the tourists from far away, but they were mainly on our cruise)

If you are participating in the weekend you'll see the crowds but in my experience of you're not participating it's not bad at all.

Plus, bonus chances to see actors. We ran into Evanna Lynch by chance during our 2014 trip. :)

So happy to read this!
I have had a vacation to Disney/universal booked for months and when this celebration was annouced I was crushed! We are going Friday the 29th.
Planning to get there as early as possible and get all the Harry stuff done.
I am hoping for manageable crowds, I don't want to waste the money. We are only going for one day on the end of our Disney trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter