Celebration - Celebration Hotel

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by Ishy, Jul 30, 2005.

1. Ishy

Ishy DIS Veteran

I recently spent 3 nights here and can't say enough nice things about it. I do have to admit, walking around the first day I was a little out of place... My family is FAR from perfect and you get this feeling your in 'Pleasantville' + 'Stepford, CT' + 'Mayberry' rolled into one. The music playing in the background was everywhere and made me stop and look for where it was coming from. Oh but that heebie-jeebs feeling goes away and I was able to relax and get into it.

The Celebration Hotel was magnificent. Just the right size and the service was exceptional. The valet during the day was really nice, and arranged it so that I had one of the electric cars to drive my son around in for an hour. We strolled and shopped and ate and played... it was a very romantic town... near disney, yet a world apart from the crowds and the hustle and bustle.

It will always be one of my favorite vacations.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. MaryAnnDVC

MaryAnnDVC "Mare", DISing since '99; prefers being tagless

Thanks! I'd love to stay there someday. We drove around Celebration last year and the town IS beautiful. We went the day before Hurricane Charlie, and then again a couple of days later...lots of trees down, but I bet they got things back in order pretty quickly.
    The older I get, the more this appeals to me. :)

4. mitros

mitros <font color=red>I'm not nuts, I just appear to be<

Wow, I thought we were the only ones that got that "Pleasentville, Stepford,Ct, and Mayberry' feeling. it was indeed weird.

5. kellymonaghan

kellymonaghan <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.

Congratulations! I've been pushing the Celebration Hotel for a while now, trying to convince people to give it a whirl. Great hotel, great "Disney" experience without the hype and hustle-bustle of the on-property resorts.

And those long strolls around town are just the ticket after a hectic day in the parks.

6. mitros

mitros <font color=red>I'm not nuts, I just appear to be<

I have to wonder about the shopping district in Celebration. We have been going there since it opened, and every business there {just about} including the restaurants, with the exception of the Italian place, D'Antonios is the name, I think, has changed hands at least once. I wonder if the rents are too high. I'm sure they were when Disney ran the downtown area, until they sold it to an outside company.

7. TapCat

TapCat Mouseketeer

Do you receive early entry access if you stay at the Celebration hotel? Thanks.

8. Ishy

Ishy DIS Veteran

The Hotel is part of the Kessler Company and not owned/operated by Disney. They have shuttles to the parks but I didnt use them. I have stayed on property and have avoided EMH/Late Opening crowds. I can't have fun when its crowded. I want the 12$ Eride fee back. I would happily pay more for the old Eride night.