Celebration cakes, cake of the day and pre-orders---QUESTIONS, questions, questions..

4lildreamers

Mouseketeer
Hello,
We are going on the Nov. 25th Dream cruise and I had some questions. Hope you don't mind answering! :)

1.) Celebration cakes have to be pre-ordered before the cruise correct? And they have certain flavors, sizes, saying etc.... for a fee? And they will be in your room when you get there? Right?

2.) So, what is cake of the day? Is that a CAKE or cake SLICE? And does it cost like the celebration cake? Does it have to be pre-ordered? And if so, how do I do that? Or do I just order it when I get on ship from Room Service?

3.) I have another question about Gifts and amenities from the online site. If ordered ahead of time, these will be delivered to your room and be there when you arrive?

4.) Ok I think this is the last one.........I have seen that people have asked for cheese and fruit platters. Are these the ones on the pre-order page? Or can you get those through room service when you arrive and order? Do they costs if you order through room service? Or can you even do that?

I appreciate all of you helping this newbie out! Thanks.

Waiting impatiently for my trip!:hyper:

Yes celebration cakes do need to be pre ordered and only come in certain flavor combinations. Cake of the day is whatever the chef has prepared that day. You can get a slice through room service or possibly at the MDRs. Gifts and amenities that you order varies, some will be in your room such as the decorations, while others state that you will have a voucher and the gift must be picked up at the gift shop. The cheese platters are ordered from room service. Most things on the room service menu are included in your cruise. Some items such as water, sodas, certain snacks, etc are charged and are listed as such on the room service menu.

Mmm, I loved calling up room service and asking for a slice or two of the cake of the day. Yum!

I believe that there are two types of cheese platters- the one you pre-order and costs extra (fancy) and the room service one (simpler, but doesn't cost extra except for tip).

I believe that there are two types of cheese platters- the one you pre-order and costs extra (fancy) and the room service one (simpler, but doesn't cost extra except for tip).

Yes, this is what I thought as well.........

Thank you for answering! :-)

Yes celebration cakes do need to be pre ordered and only come in certain flavor combinations. Cake of the day is whatever the chef has prepared that day. You can get a slice through room service or possibly at the MDRs. Gifts and amenities that you order varies, some will be in your room such as the decorations, while others state that you will have a voucher and the gift must be picked up at the gift shop. The cheese platters are ordered from room service. Most things on the room service menu are included in your cruise. Some items such as water, sodas, certain snacks, etc are charged and are listed as such on the room service menu.

The celebration cakes that you pre-order are not good - we've had them twice and after the initial "awww look - a cute cake" - it ended up in the garbage after a bit or two!

Do they still offer the special cake in the MDR's. When DH and I celebrated our anniversary on the Wonder, we received a cake about 6" x 6" with a white chocolate banner on top that said "congratulations". There was no cost for this cake.

Do they still offer the special cake in the MDR's. When DH and I celebrated our anniversary on the Wonder, we received a cake about 6" x 6" with a white chocolate banner on top that said "congratulations". There was no cost for this cake.
Nope. They did away with this. They now do an individual little chocolate cake (about 3") and they write on the plate with chocolate. It's cute but not the same. :confused3

The celebration cakes that you pre-order are not good - we've had them twice and after the initial "awww look - a cute cake" - it ended up in the garbage after a bit or two!

TOTALLY agree!
The birthday and anniversary cakes taste awful. Not only do they taste like they've been frozen forever, they don't seem as though they would have tasted good when they were fresh.

We also ordered a cake for a large party we had onboard....along with cheeses, fruits, etc...and that cake was bad, too.

The only ones I've tasted that are pretty good, are the ones done for weddings on Castaway Cay. I've attended four of them, and the cakes were all fresh and tasty.

We ordered the Birthday Package for our stateroom that comes with decorations and a cake (April 2012, Wonder) and it was very tasty.

The celebration cakes are AWFUL :eek: they taste bad and then they don't fit in the fridge and the next day you have a moldy yucky cake in your room..skip ordering that and just order cake of the day from room service if you really want cake...if you are celebrating a birthday let your server know what night you want a cake to be brought out at dinner for free

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter