Celebrating our 10 Year Anniversary

crista

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone I need some help. I got married at Disney 10 years ago and my hubby just gave me the ok to plan our renewal celebration. It will be in June of this year and will include about 20 guests. We would like to have a dinner and dessert party in Italy and of course stay to see the fireworks. My question to you guys is this even possible? Has anyone ever done something similar? Any feed back would be great. My next step is to give Disney a call Happy planning to everyone and thanks again

Yes! People do this all the time! I've planned multiple anniversary parties at Disney, including several IllumiNations parties.

If you want to have a full vow renewal with ceremony and reception, you'd work with Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings to plan the event just like you did with your wedding. They treat weddings and vow renewals interchangeably, so it's all the same pricing and rules.

If you just want to have a party in Italy, you would work with Disney Catered Events. All the venue fees and food and beverage minimums are the same as planning through DFTW, but there are no overall minimum expenditures to meet. The downside is that you can't wear a bridal gown to your event. I have complete details on working with Disney Catered Events here: http://disneytravelbabble.com/how-to/private-party/

Awesome thank you so much. Great info. Does anyone know how stricked they are on the attire. If we walked in with a white fancy dress and suite would that be ok? I kinda remember dressing up pretty fancy for a birthday dinner I had one year. I'm not a rule breaker

Awesome thank you so much. Great info. Does anyone know how stricked they are on the attire. If we walked in with a white fancy dress and suite would that be ok? I kinda remember dressing up pretty fancy for a birthday dinner I had one year. I'm not a rule breaker
From what I hear it is a cast member discretion usually rule.
What they are trying to avoid is the people who try and sneak a wedding or full on wedding photography in under their noses. They have a captive market in you booking with Fine Art Photography for these services (which is what I'm doing the day after our wedding)
Wearing fancy attire as long as it can't be mistaken for a wedding dress should be ok but I'd avoid white if you want to be sure you won't be kicked out.
I'd avoid tails for the man but a nice suit I wouldn't think is an issue. But for you...I'd try any colour other than white or ivory...
One friend changed into a beautiful pink gown for her wedding reception here at home after her wedding. It was just a beautiful as a wedding gown but not being white they'd probably not hassle you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter