Celebrating Life at WDW-Final Thoughts-The good and the bad

LisaIN

Earning My Ears
To start off I must say that when you decide to celebrate there is no place like WDW :) To make things easy I'll do this leg of the report as a list of good and bad things instead of paragraph form.

1. As I mentioned in the cast names I am currently in therapy for panic attacks. I was very nervous going on this trip as I didn't know how I would do, well....the panic attacks didn't really bother me much, more proof that WDW is truly a magical place.

2. Traveling with my parents proved to be a bit of a challenge at times. We have traveled with them many times so we didn't expect this. This experience will not stop us from taking trips with them in the future but we learned a few lessons for next time.

3. Dixie Landings was a beautiful resort but I personally felt that the main pool was too small for the resort. We stayed in the mansions. I would have like to experience Alligator Bayou.

4. The 2-way radios we rented from In-Touch were wonderful. We had no problems with them and could always hear clearly.

5. It was great fun finding the lime green ribbons worn by the fantastic people who frequent the DIS board. I met three people who made my trip even that much more special.

6. Sometimes it's the small things that make a vacation special. Stumbling upon the cul-de-sac by the dance studio for lunch in MK was awesome and one of my best memories. What a quiet, relaxing spot to take in that disney magic.

7. Although this was our 3rd trip together as a family we experienced many new things this time.
- It's A Small World at MK.
- Test Track at Epcot. 2 thumbs up from the guys.
- Doug Live! and Beauty and the Beast at MGM. Somehow we had never made time for the shows at MGM. I fell in love with B&B :)
- This was our first time for TON and Illuminations. AWESOME!
- Our first meal at Crystal Palace. It's a must for all you Pooh and Friends fans!
- Our first time at Cape May Buffet. Not only was the food delicious but walking in the backdoor at Epcot was sooooo convienent :)
- 1900 Park Fare for the Villians Dinner was the highlight of our trip. A definite redo for next time!
- Breakfast at Cinderella's Castle was my mom's dream come true. What more can I say?
- This was our first time at Hollywood and Vine. We went for dinner when no characters were present. Wish we had gone for a character meal here.

As I mentioned at the end of yesterday's report, we were planning a return trip for 2003. Well guess what. We can't wait that long :). I booked rooms at Coronado Springs and airfare today for Nov. 4-12, 2001!!!!!! And, just to show that we are not afraid to travel with our families again, we are taking my mom and dad and Mark's mom along this time :) :)

We are so excited to be returning so soon that we have already begun making a list of things to do. We plan on experiencing more firsts this trip:
- Fantasmic
- Sci-Fi Diner
- Hunchback at MGM
- Restaurantosauros (sp) at AK
- Tom Sawyer Island
- Universe of Energy at Epcot
- River Country
- and last but not least a birthday dinner for Andy at Chef Mickey's.

With so much to look forward to I can hardly wait!!!

In the meantime I will read about your trips and dream away.

Thanks for reading :)

Lisa

I too suffer from panic attacks. I have a long-term condition (20 years) and while I really enjoy being at Disney it is very hard for me. If you don't mind, e-mail me at golftruckeast@aol to share any usful tips you found in dealing with the attacks. Traveling anywhere for me is hard, not just disney. I have a trip planned for May and would like for it to be a GREAT experience for the whole family (including me)

Thanks!

You mentioned that you have learned some lessons on this trip. Could you tell me some? We are anticipating a trip with older family members and could use some tips.

Thanks!

Kirby:

I would say the most important thing we learned was to be patient and slow down a bit. We are not commandos but we wanted to get the big rides out of the way to avoid the long lines.

#1 Use fastpass

#2 If you have enough time split the big rides in the parks over a couple of days.

#3 Go very early. My parents are early risers but slowed down as the day went on.

#4 Go for the sit down meals when you can. Counter service just didn't give them the breaks they needed.

#5 Remain open. We learned a lesson from them also. Slow down and enjoy the atmosphere. WDW isn't going anywhere so if the kids miss one ride this trip it's ok. :)

Ratcatshell:

I didn't go into full detail about my panic attacks but I too have had them on and off for about 19 years. I've been in therapy in the past but this time things are going much better for me. I'll be e-mailing you with suggestions for making your trip as magical as possible :)

Thanks for such a wonderful report, Lisa. I'd say you did a great job dealing with whatever anxiety attacks you may have had. Truthfully, your family has much to celebrate. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for posting - great report. I'm glad to hear your mom is doing well - we will "celebrate" in June my 1 year cancer free hopefully. I relate to all your fears all too well. Take care.

Lisa

sticker.gif

Sounds like you all had a great time. Have fun planning your next trip. Thanks for posting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter