Celebrating at POFQ/AKL in September 2015! COMPLETE

After enjoying our first two rides of the day, it was finally time to use our fastpasses at Soarin'! The standby wait was up to 65 minutes if I remember right, so it was nice to breeze by that in the fastpass line!

View attachment 123926
View attachment 123927
View attachment 123928
View attachment 123929

We can't wait to see what they do with this ride once it becomes Soarin' over the world instead of California! It's a little scary to think of what the wait times will be for it though! :faint:

Next up, we were heading over to World Showcase for our lunch ADR in...
View attachment 123930

Now this post I can't see any of the pics...:sad::sad::sad::sad:

I hope that you're feeling much better today Tamara!

Sadly, I'm not - but thanks! Just woke up from a nap... went to the doctor this morning and got antibiotics for a sinus infection/strep throat. Do I know how to have fun or what?! Really hope I start feeling better soon because as of right now I still can't really breathe out of my nose or hear much, and it is very painful to swallow! :(

Sadly, I'm not - but thanks! Just woke up from a nap... went to the doctor this morning and got antibiotics for a sinus infection/strep throat. Do I know how to have fun or what?! Really hope I start feeling better soon because as of right now I still can't really breathe out of my nose or hear much, and it is very painful to swallow! :(
Oh no!! I'm so sorry!

So, I figure while I'm laying here in a cold medicine/antibiotic induced haze, I might as well add some more photos and an update... hopefully you can see them!

Our next destination after riding Soarin' was for a lunch ADR in World Showcase!

Biergarten.jpg

My parents really like the buffet here in Germany at Biergarten. I could take it or leave it usually, but was surprised that I really enjoyed the food this time around!

They have a show with music as you eat - it was a bit loud so we could barely hear each other or our tablemates talking but it was good. This restaurant is family style and you are seated with other groups. We were seated with a couple from Connecticut who had just swung by Disney for a couple of days on their way back from Las Vegas and another couple from Florida who had annual passes and just drove to EPCOT to have lunch here.

Biergarten 2.jpg
Biergarten 3.jpg
Biergarten 4.jpg

I took pics of my plates of food but they turned out way too dark. After a very tasty lunch, we had to stop in some of the shops and of course we had to check out the new caramel shop!

Karamell Kuche.jpg

Karamel Kuche.jpg

I bought a caramel apple with peanuts thinking I'd save it to have as a dessert while watching Fantasmic later that night... that didn't really work out but more on that later - spoiler/hint - the story involves a hungry squirrel and Alice from Alice in Wonderland...

Karamel Kuche apple.jpg

Our next stop would be China!

Last edited:
So, I figure while I'm laying here in a cold medicine/antibiotic induced haze, I might as well add some more photos and an update... hopefully you can see them!

Our next destination after riding Soarin' was for a lunch ADR in World Showcase!

View attachment 124063

My parents really like the buffet here in Germany at Biergarten. I could take it or leave it usually, but was surprised that I really enjoyed the food this time around!

They have a show with music as you eat - it was a bit loud so we could barely hear each other or our tablemates talking but it was good. This restaurant is family style and you are seated with other groups. We were seated with a couple from Connecticut who had just swung by Disney for a couple of days on their way back from Las Vegas and another couple from Florida who had annual passes and just drove to EPCOT to have lunch here.

View attachment 124064
View attachment 124065
View attachment 124066

I took pics of my plate of food but they turned out way too dark. After a very tasty lunch, we continued to work our way around World Showcase - our next stop was China!

Of course the pictures aren't working for me, bummer.

Our last time at the Biergarten was really good also, our time before was meh, but I think it was because I had a cold & couldn't taste anything. I enjoyed the show too!

Of course the pictures aren't working for me, bummer.
Dangit! Maybe I'll just wait on posting more updates until they get this problem with photos resolved.

Our last time at the Biergarten was really good also, our time before was meh, but I think it was because I had a cold & couldn't taste anything. I enjoyed the show too!
Yeah, being sick can definitely affect how food tastes... I think that was part of my issue with BOG later in the trip.

Dangit! Maybe I'll just wait on posting more updates until they get this problem with photos resolved.

Yeah, being sick can definitely affect how food tastes... I think that was part of my issue with BOG later in the trip.

Maybe other can see it?

OMG, I CAN SEE THE GERMANY PICS! All of the sudden it's working, yea!

I'm wanting that Carmel Apple, it's one of my all time fav treats. I wish I had one now.

OMG, I CAN SEE THE GERMANY PICS! All of the sudden it's working, yea!

Yay! And now I can't see any of them! :rotfl2::rotfl2:

I'm wanting that Carmel Apple, it's one of my all time fav treats. I wish I had one now.

It was very good! It just didn't hold up so well in the heat - can you tell in the photo that the caramel was sliding off the apple? That's why we ended up eating it before we left EPCOT. :rotfl:

Figment - must put that on my list for next time at Epcot. I must have taken a wrong turn and missed it!

It is kind of corny and be prepared for the song to be stuck in your head for awhile!

Sorry you are not feeling better yet - hoping those antibiotics start cutting through those pesky germs soon!

The antibiotics have already started to work - my sore throat is MUCH better today and I can breathe through my nose again! I am so happy to finally be feeling a bit better!

After leaving Germany with caramel apple in tow, we made our way over to the China pavilion. I'll warn you all that we like to nerd out at the different pavilions and watch the shows in each and look at all of the displays and interpretive signage!

China.jpg

We love this exhibit that represents the tomb warriors. :thumbsup2

China pavilion.jpg

China pavilion 2.jpg
China tomb warriors sign.jpg

And this exhibit talked about the excavation process.

China pavilion 3.jpg

China pavilion 5.jpg

So... now that you're all snoozing soundly - wake up! :rotfl:

Next up was the Norway pavilion! We're bummed that Frozen is invading this area, but were actually impressed with the exhibit that talked about the inspiration behind the movie and all of the accurate details that were included after animators visited the country.

Norway Frozen ride.jpg

Norway Frozen museum 5.jpg
Norway Anna's dress.jpg
Norway Frozen museum 2.jpg

While we were in Norway, we had to pop into the gift shop as well. The trolls are always fun to check out and we saw a cute troll t-shirt also! I was tempted to buy it!

Norway.jpg

Norway gift shop.jpg

Norway tshirt.jpg

After enjoying Norway, we continued along to Mexico - I had a special beverage that I was craving there!

I'm glad to hear your meds are helping!

Thanks! Me too! I almost wanted to cry this morning when I could swallow without intense pain! I didn't even need to take cold medicine every few hours today like I've been doing the past few days in order to take the edge off the pain. I love antibiotics!! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter