• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Celebrating Anniversarys in the World

kjbau

Earning My Ears
Hi - I was wondering, after reading all the celebrating your birthday at WDW posts, do they do anything special when your are celebrating your wedding anniversary? My husband and I will be celebrating ours when we go next year. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated -thanks! :cheer2: :lovestruc

Hi...DH and I are going this weekend to celebrate our first anniversary. Not sure what WDW does but we made a reservation at Victoria & Albert's for dinner. I think just being there is going to be magical....hope you have a wonderful trip!!

DH and I are leaving 10/10 for our 18th Anniversary and we are having a nice dinner at the California Grill that night . . .hopefully we'll be able to catch Wishes during our dinner.

You can stop at the Guest Relations at whatever park you're going to that day and get your "Congratulations" pins...some CM's might stop and ask you what you are celebrating.

Dh and I celebrated our second Anniversary down in Florida this Monday...we spent the day at Universal (heheh - so taboo on a disney board!) and had a lovely dinner at Jiko that night. Our amazing waitress, Shellie, treated us to a complimentary dessert...it was an incredible meal.

DH and I celebrated our First Anniversary on Sunday (9/18) with a dinner at California Grill. When DH made the reservation he told him it was our Anniversary. When we arrived at our table, they had sprinkled confetti Mickey heads all over it. DH had also arranged to have roses delivered and they were also at the table.

When dessert was served there was a chocolate "card" that said Congratulations from California Grill.

Last September, my husband and I celebrated our 10th anniversary at WDW. We had also honeymooned at Disney. A bit different for the 10th, as we had our DDs (3 at the time) with us. When I made our CRT reservations, I told the CM what we were celebrating (without telling my husband :rolleyes1 ). Toward the end of the meal, our server (Sir David T., who was great, by the way) came out with some Mickey Head confetti and box with 2 beautiful champagne glasses that said "Cinderella's Royal Table". He made quite an elaborate (and loud) announcement about our Anniversary and then Cinderella and Aurora presented us with a card and a "Magical Moments" certificate signed by all the princesses! :earseek: It was really very special :love: and not what I expected at all when I casually mentioned it while making the ADR! :goodvibes

WOW - I did not know about 'Congratulations' buttons. I only knew about 'Birthday' buttons.

We celebrate our 21st anniversary next year at WDW.
My DH doe not like too much attention - but when I made our HDD
reservation they asked if it was any special ocassion.
It would be nice if they did recognize us in a small way.

As for Congrat buttons - nice free souvier - but at our age - it could only be for an anniversary (yes I color my hair) - what else would we celebrate ?!? :rotfl:

I'll ask at MK town hall, next year, for a Congrats button anyway.

:0 ! in the same boat seeing more an more gray when my roots start to grow out

kpm76 said:
Hi...DH and I are going this weekend to celebrate our first anniversary. Not sure what WDW does but we made a reservation at Victoria & Albert's for dinner. I think just being there is going to be magical....hope you have a wonderful trip!!
Victoria and Albert's, how nice. We're going for our 24th Anniversary and DH plans to take me to B&C for a Kitchen Sink. How romantic! Has anyone ever ordered a special cake from Boardwalk Bakery for the occassion?

We got the pins at WDW last week. They have bride/groom mickey and minnie and say "Magical Wishes from WDW"

I have to say that we went to yachtsman for our anniversary I told them it was our anni, they noted it on our card they use when you check it...and only the hostess wished us a happy anniversary. I wasn't expecting anything, but have heard that sometimes people get things, some they don't..so we were a don't at Yachtsman steakhouse.

Then a the japanese steakhouse at epcot, we were wearing our buttons and nothing noted on adr and we received a free desert. It was kind of funny because our ds (4) had decided to start being a brat, so hubby took him outside while I took care of the bill..that is when they brought out a piece of choc cake...almost mooselike cake all decorated w/sprinkles, etc. Any hubby wasn't even there. yummy cake!!! :cool1: :cool1:

Everyone was telling us congrats or asking us how long, etc (castmembers).

Simba's Mom said:
Victoria and Albert's, how nice. We're going for our 24th Anniversary and DH plans to take me to B&C for a Kitchen Sink. How romantic! Has anyone ever ordered a special cake from Boardwalk Bakery for the occassion?

Congrats on your 24th anniversary :) I LOVE Beaches & Cream and the Kitchen Sink is soooo cool....I think that is romantic....then again any time spent with your honey is romantic and special....have a wonderful trip!!!

We just spent our 15th anniversary there is August. I wrote a whole trip report on what we did while there, here's the link with pictures
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=891338&highlight=years+magic

Some of the highlights;
Breathless Cruise
Anniversary dinner at the Yachtsman
Gift Box from Feral Peg
We got pins from the Magic Kingdom and Epcot. At the Magic Kingdom one of the security guards saw our pins and started YELLING at the top of his lungs "LADIES AND GENTLEMAN, ALL THE WAY FROM LIGONIER, PENNSYLVANIA MATT HAS BROUGHT HIS BRIDE LINDA TO CELBRATE THE 15TH ANNIVERSARY OF THEIR NUPTIALS, PLEASE GIVE THEM A HAND" it was very sweet.

We had my parents 45th anniversary dinner at Artist Point and they had personalized menues for them (that said happy 45th anniversary) and gave them the cobbler dessert with mickey decorations for free!

We celebrated out 10th at WDW this past July. On the day of our anniversary, I stopped by Guest Relations to ask if they had anniversarty pins. The nice CM said they didn't but they have others and sugested that we wear the Bride and Groom pins that day.

We had a number of CMs wish us happy anniversary and received a nice dessert and song at Pecos Bills.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter