Celebrating a Teen Birthday at Disney

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina

Life is short. Live it well.
Our family is taking our very first trip to Disney in January 2009. The trip is our birthday gift for our DS who is turning 13. (What happened to my baby?? :confused3 )

He has his own paper route and earns his own spending money, plus he'll be taking his birthday and Christmas money from his grandparents. Add in the $75 gift card he'll receive under Disney's new 2009 promotion (since we have our multi-day tickets under the MYW plan) and he should end up travelling with lots of disposable cash and able to buy himself lots of Disney stuff. More than his parents!!! :rotfl:

We have reservations for dinner at Chef Mickey's on the day of his birthday. So we know he will have a special dinner full of lots of fun!

My question for you experienced Disney moms and dads is this: what else can we do to make his day extra special?? I was thinking of getting some balloons delivered to the room, but honestly, we're hardly going to be in the room to enjoy them. I thought of a gift basket, but he's a 13 year old boy and wouldn't be interested in a stuffed Mickey Mouse (though I'm having one of those before we fly home!!! :banana: ) I hear they will bring him a special dessert at Chef Mickey's so even a cake is probably redundant (wish you could get those at the counter service restaurants - a cake at lunch would have been perfect).

We are flying there so I don't want to haul something (ie a gift bought at home) across the border (we live in Canada). Though I would have LOVED to have Mickey or one of the other Disney characters deliver something special to him at Chef Mickeys!!

So........if anyone has any inspiration, I would be oh-so-grateful!!! (oh yeah, did I mention this trip is costing us a fortune and we need to keep a budget in mind? We live in Canada after all, and we need a new snowblower this year too :rotfl2: )

If his birthday is at the beginning of your trip make one of his presents a Hidden Mickey book, he will have a great time finding them while you are going through the parks!

And on your way to the Contemporary see if you can sit in the front of the monorail!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter