Celebrating a birthday

HollVoll

Mouseketeer
Our oldest son will turn 10yo the day we leave to go home. We hope to celebrate his birthday the day before--I think we'll be at Epcot. Any suggestions on making the day extra :thumbsup2?

Thanks!
Hollie

Make an ADR for the Garden Grill @ Epcot. We didn't try it this time around but I've heard many others that have tried it. It is a character meal with Mickey and friends, I think Chip n Dale too. They are dressed kind of in farmlike clothing, overalls, etc. You could request a cake @ the podium once you check-in. I think it is a standard b-day cake. You could also do the Coral Reef which is a bit fancier than the Garden Grill. I'm not sure if you can visit guest services at Epcot and request a b-day button for him to wear around the park too. If you are staying @ an onsite resort, they can get the button for you too. We celebrated our kids b-days @ MK so I'm more familiar with places and things to do there. What resort are you staying at? The places to eat there if they have character dining, you could celebrate there as well. I'm not sure of the closeness of the Boardwalk area to EPCOT but you could also do the Cape May Character Breakfast and celebrate there. The Boardwalk Bakery could do a cake to be at that meal or you could request at the podium I'm sure. You could also do the Clambake for dinner at Cape May, but no characters. Hope this helps in someway and enjoy your vacation and birthday celebration :)

Me and dd did part of her b-day celebration at the Storybook Princess Lunch @ Epcot in Norway but that is of course a PRINCESS EXPERIENCE. My ds and dh were enjoying the rides, Mission Space and Test Track while we were doing our girl thing. My dh and ds enjoyed the Fish and Chips in the United Kingdom. Depending on your sons favorite county while in Epcot, you could concentrate on celebrating someway in his favorite country. Again, goodluck and have fun!

If you do decide on the Boardwalk area to celebrate your sons b-day, you could do the KITCHEN SINK at BEACHES N CREAM to celebrate his b-day. It is a HUGE HUGE HUGE ice-cream sundae. I've seen pics on here of it and rave reviews. I'm sure if you did the clambake dinner at Cape May if you like seafood, etc., you could follow the celebration up at Beaches N Cream with the kitchen sink dessert and then let him enjoy the Boardwalk area with the games and other stuff. We also celebrated our kids b-days in Downtown Disney at the RAINFOREST CAFE. It is a pretty cool place for kids :) and adults too!

Other than DHS, each park has its own birthday button. I believe DTD has one too. Inform the resort about the bday and there maybe something special from the resort too.

Get a "Birthday Button" from the front desk of your hotel, or guest services at the first park you visit. Have your son wear his button for the entire trip, not just on his birthday. You will have a lot of fun with that button if the CM's see it....

Thank you! Ya'll are so helpful!

We already have reservations at the Garden Grill for lunch. When I made reservations, the lady I spoke with noted that it was his birthday. We also have dinner reservations at Rose and Crown, but that was not mentioned in the reservation.

He is very social and all of the attention will make him :banana: !!!

We are staying at Port Orleans Riverside.

That Kitchen Sink ice cream sounds amazing!!:yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter