Celebrating A 5th Birthday with Mickey & Rain,May 2009! Completed..

SO sorry to hear about all the school issues. I went and checked Avery's school for next year. Their policy is 18 excused/unexcused absences or 10% of the year. I agree that it has to do with money and connections. So frustrating!
Glad you have put it all behind you and are ready for vacation!! Can't wait to meet you guys!!

2-little Cayley wanted me to type these numbers -not sure why 3

Homeschool is the only way out in our backwoods states! That witch I had a chat with over at the county offices stressed in her southern hick snarley voice that once you're being watched they can follow you through the private schools too. I wanted to tell her to kiss something but I already knew I was leaving. I just needed a couple of weeks to get my stuff in order. I was told once you go before the judge you no longer have the home school option. TN sounds very much like SC. $ $ $. It's extremely obvious what their priorities are....MONEY and NOT our kids! I never miss the public school system. I am tickled to death to be out of it. When High School rolls around they may decide to go back, who knows? But for now we're happy as can be. No worries of sickness, lice, child abuse, kidnapping, kids being picked on, school shootings, teacher showing favorites...none of that I deal with and it's so nice! A year ago today I would have never thought I could do this! Now I don't know why I didn't do it earlier. :teacher:

Oh btw it doesn't really matter if you go back and get Dr's notes for the old days. If you miss 5 days in a row you're truant. That's exactly what happened to me. They had 0 days against them when we went to WDW for Christmas. The Principal gave me a note saying it was okay to go and I still got nailed by them! Go to the district....talk to the attendance people. Maybe they will let it slide. It's worth a try. The school is obviously against you. I have nothing nice to say about them.

YOU HAVE FUN ON YOUR TRIP! You can worry about all that when you get home. :hug:

HOLY COW!!! I have never heard such CRAP in my life! They would NEVER think of doing that here:scared1: Well, I REALLY hope you guys can leave the stress behind and have an AWESOME trip Nichole, you certainly deserve it! I hope Thomas has a wonderful birthday and gets LOADS of pixie dust. I hope he likes his cake too! I hope the week goes real slow for you guys!! ENJOY!:goodvibes

Diane

what an ordeal!! I'm so not looking forward to that!

Good luck....buy Kaylee's teacher a big huge present....maybe she won't take attendance next week! :thumbsup2

No kidding :goodvibes. It's not the teacher but the principal and the county truancy office. Kaylee has and awesome teacher. She just called to warn me and see if I could get some kind of Dr's note just to cover us in case.

:rotfl: My mom and I did this all the time. I was very rarely sick when I missed school, they didn't need to know that though. ;):rotfl:

Me either :laughing:. My mom let me stay home whenever I wanted to.

Hi Nichole! Hopefully everything will work out. Glad your not stressing anymore. I think that's a great idea. Have you gotten your packing done yet?

Absolutely done stressing :goodvibes. I was so exhausted from it yesterday. No packing is not done. I have the final load of laundry in now just to add to our carry on's. Tom hasn't packed yet at all :rolleyes: I will prbably just end up packing his stuff too. I have to take the dogs to my moms tomorrow after I check in for the flights and I will get those meds from her too. How is your packing coming along.

SO sorry to hear about all the school issues. I went and checked Avery's school for next year. Their policy is 18 excused/unexcused absences or 10% of the year. I agree that it has to do with money and connections. So frustrating!
Glad you have put it all behind you and are ready for vacation!! Can't wait to meet you guys!!

2-little Cayley wanted me to type these numbers -not sure why 3

Cayley is so funny. I think Avery will be fine with 18 days. That is more reasonable. Ready for vacation. Well soon as I get packed.

Homeschool is the only way out in our backwoods states! That witch I had a chat with over at the county offices stressed in her southern hick snarley voice that once you're being watched they can follow you through the private schools too. I wanted to tell her to kiss something but I already knew I was leaving. I just needed a couple of weeks to get my stuff in order. I was told once you go before the judge you no longer have the home school option. TN sounds very much like SC. $ $ $. It's extremely obvious what their priorities are....MONEY and NOT our kids! I never miss the public school system. I am tickled to death to be out of it. When High School rolls around they may decide to go back, who knows? But for now we're happy as can be. No worries of sickness, lice, child abuse, kidnapping, kids being picked on, school shootings, teacher showing favorites...none of that I deal with and it's so nice! A year ago today I would have never thought I could do this! Now I don't know why I didn't do it earlier. :teacher:

Oh btw it doesn't really matter if you go back and get Dr's notes for the old days. If you miss 5 days in a row you're truant. That's exactly what happened to me. They had 0 days against them when we went to WDW for Christmas. The Principal gave me a note saying it was okay to go and I still got nailed by them! Go to the district....talk to the attendance people. Maybe they will let it slide. It's worth a try. The school is obviously against you. I have nothing nice to say about them.

YOU HAVE FUN ON YOUR TRIP! You can worry about all that when you get home. :hug:

The principal said the juvenille office comes in every Thursday to check attendance and computer records. Last year we missed 5 days in a row and nothing happened. She did miss 2 more days during the year for sickness and they said nothing. Most times I didn't even have to write a note. I asked her (principal) before we left an she told us to have fun.

So once you go before a judge then HS is out :headache:?? That kind of sucks. your description of the woman at the county office has me :rotfl:. Your so right about the sickness, bomb threats and lice :eek:, always having to worry about this stuff is the worst. I'm a major germaphobe :rolleyes1 so I'm often freaking out about this stuff. Some kids in Kaylee's school are out with the seasonal flu now :scared:. It's not in her classroom so I'm trying not to worry. I thought about her missing tomorrow too ;). Why not add another day to the truancy. I'm not going to let this ruin my vacation.

HOLY COW!!! I have never heard such CRAP in my life! They would NEVER think of doing that here:scared1: Well, I REALLY hope you guys can leave the stress behind and have an AWESOME trip Nichole, you certainly deserve it! I hope Thomas has a wonderful birthday and gets LOADS of pixie dust. I hope he likes his cake too! I hope the week goes real slow for you guys!! ENJOY!:goodvibes

Diane

Hi Diane,
Insane isn't it? My friend in NJ kids miss school for two weeks a year just for vacations. they have DVC. Also they are always out sick too. Her DD is in competitive gymnastics so she misses tons more school for that. they don't give her any grief at all :). I will be trying my best t oleave the stress behind and have fun at Disney :goodvibes. Thanks for the pixie dust and Birthday wishes for Thomas. He is really excited to see Mickey again

Hey Nichole!!!!

I hope you guys have an awesome time!!!!!!

Don't stress about the school deal. Enjoy your vacation!!!

Ride HM for me!!!! :lmao:

I was told once you go before the judge you no longer have the home school option.

Do you mean as far as doing homeschool through the public school system or homeschooling in general? If it is homeschooling in general, I wonder what kind of advice HSLDA would give in that kind of situation. I am in no way familiar with the law, but I would think that if homeschooling is legal in your state, then they really couldn't do anything about it, so long as you meet your state requirements. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Hey Nichole!!!!

I hope you guys have an awesome time!!!!!!

Don't stress about the school deal. Enjoy your vacation!!!

Ride HM for me!!!! :lmao:

Thanks Heather :)

Do you mean as far as doing homeschool through the public school system or homeschooling in general? If it is homeschooling in general, I wonder what kind of advice HSLDA would give in that kind of situation. I am in no way familiar with the law, but I would think that if homeschooling is legal in your state, then they really couldn't do anything about it, so long as you meet your state requirements. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

I'm hoping your right??? That way if I do decide to HS well be fine :goodvibes.

I don't know all of the rules. I got out right when our mess started. I knew better. When Sidney went over for the hearing (not in front of a judge but in front of the school people) there were a ton of other families there. One of the moms was told she no longer qualified for a homeschool option because she'd gotten so many marks against her. She had been in several times and was there to see the judge. (This was a mother to a disabled child too...:sad2:) They don't even give exceptions for those children! She tried to pull her child out and they wouldn't allow it. They threatened to pull that kid out of the home. It was so messed up.

I actually have a cousin whose 15 year old son was removed from the home and sent to a juvenile detention center for missing too many days. Now HE probably deserved to go. Teenage boys cut school and sometimes don't give a hoot but they don't play around here. It's all about that mighy dollar. They do what they have to do. She was given the choice to let them take him or her (to jail) so off he went.

They can be hateful around here if they want to be. And believe me when you pull a kid out to homeschool them the school gets PO'ed about it. (Probably another money issue...:sad2:) I had issues with DS's teacher too this year. She was an idiot so I did it for more than one reason. We could not be happier though. I have lost @ 30 pounds...I have a lot of extra time to hang out with the kids...the kids continue to do great on their assignments and testing...I can't say enough good things about it!

The county and state of SC has a law where you have to report attendance to them. At any given time they can make you bring in your work and proof of testing. For me it was easier going with the county curriculum but in edition to that I have several workbooks filled with worksheets and activities. They finish up the counties Science and Social Studies within a few months so the second half of the year I do my own thing. My daughter is in first grade and knows her states and capitals. She has just started learning the countries of the World! DS was in fourth and they still had not touched base on that! They wonder why people don't know how many states are in the U.S. :rolleyes1 Perhaps if the schools went back to teaching it....all I can say is

HOMESCHOOL ROCKS!!!:thumbsup2

Nic, you're not officially in trouble yet and even with the first strike you will be fine. Think about it.....you have all Summer. You can always try it out and if things don't work out at least you tried. Right?

Hey....you leave tonight for Nashville and tomorrow you will be at Disney World!!!! You ready!? :yay: I can't wait for the trip report!!!! :woohoo: Have FUN!!!!

Hi Nichole!!! Have an amazing trip! Can't wait to hear all about it when you are back! And happy birthday to Thomas!! :goodvibes

Have a great trip Nichole! Too bad the whole school thing was kinda putting a damper on the pre-trip excitement. That just sounds completely crazy!!! I am sure there will be a lot of learning going on in the classroom those last few days!:rotfl:

Take care and happy travels!!!:goodvibes

I wanted to pop in and let everyone know that I saw Nichole and her family at the Poly beach on Saturday night! It was great talking to her for longer than a few seconds (back in October we met up in Buzz Lightyear and tried to have a 2 second conversation)! LOL! :laughing:

They seemed to be all geared up for their trip and were in great spirits! :thumbsup2 We had a very nice visit and I can't wait to hear all about the trip when she gets back! :goodvibes

Have fun Nichole! :hug: Happy Birthday Thomas! :bday:

Sara

Hi Nichole! I see your little green light on! I hope you managed with all that horrible rain!:sad2: I hope Thomas had a GREAT birthday!! Can't wait to hear all about it!:goodvibes

Hi Nichole! It was great running into you at Epcot the other night :goodvibes

Hope you had a safe trip home and are settling back in well (and not missing WDW too much!)

Can't wait for the TR!!!

Hi there,
We are back from a very rainy week. When we arrived Saturday the weather was beautiful but it didn't last past Sunday late afternoon. It down poured most of the trip and we hardly ever saw the sun for more than a few minutes :sad2:. We dealt with it though and wore our poncho's and still had some fun at Disney. Certainly not the nice sunny days I had imagined.

We liked Saratoga springs enough, didn't love it for a few reasons. Pretty resort though. Our trip had some ups and downs like always. Today I have to upload pics and do :laundy:. It is a gorgeous day out here so hope to enjoy that too. Kaylee is rehearsing for recital right now and Thomas is playing with his Birthday presents. Also the kids have a luau pool party after lunch, so back to craziness at least for this week. I'll have and update soon for you all :flower3:. Thanks for the your posts and well wishes for our trip.

I wanted to pop in and let everyone know that I saw Nichole and her family at the Poly beach on Saturday night! It was great talking to her for longer than a few seconds (back in October we met up in Buzz Lightyear and tried to have a 2 second conversation)! LOL! :laughing:

They seemed to be all geared up for their trip and were in great spirits! :thumbsup2 We had a very nice visit and I can't wait to hear all about the trip when she gets back! :goodvibes

Have fun Nichole! :hug: Happy Birthday Thomas! :bday:

Sara

Hi Sara,
It was great to meet you and Shawn on Saturday :goodvibes and have more than 1 minute to talk :laughing:. Also great to meet Michelle finally. Kaylee loved meeting Samantha as well. We had a good trip despite the rain. Thanks for the birthday wishes for Thomas :hug: .

Hi Nichole! I see your little green light on! I hope you managed with all that horrible rain!:sad2: I hope Thomas had a GREAT birthday!! Can't wait to hear all about it!:goodvibes

Hi Diane,
We managed okay with our poncho's. Really had nochoce but to make the best of things. The rain made for a few disappointments but hopefully well get back next year. Just sad to be home :sad2: of course. Thomas had a great birthday, thanks :goodvibes

Hi Nichole! It was great running into you at Epcot the other night :goodvibes

Hope you had a safe trip home and are settling back in well (and not missing WDW too much!)

Can't wait for the TR!!!

Hi Amy,
Happy we ran into each other since I was looking forward to meeting you at the dole whip meet. Though we didn't end up going to MK that day. It was nice meeting your family :goodvibes. yes we are all missing WDW quite a bit this time. Even Tom :scared1: which is surprising. Thanks for reading.

Welcome home Nichole! I'm so sorry about the bad weather. But that's good you guys still had some fun. Can't wait to hear all about it :goodvibes

welcome back!! Sorry for the all the rain! can't wait to hear all about the trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter