CELEBRATING 20th WEDDING ANNIVERSARY

october 14 1989

Earning My Ears
:cool1:GOOD MORNING YA'LL
MY HUSBAND AND I WILL BE COMING TO STAY AT CORONADO SPRINGS OCT.3-7. CELEBRATING 20 BEAUTIFUL YEARS TOGETHER:love: ANY SUGGESTIONS ON DOING DISNEY THE "GROWN-UP" WAY??

(disclaimer - laptop highjacked by Em&Bec'sMom)

DH and I are going to WDW in November to celebrate 15th anniversary. It will be our fourth trip, but first w/o the kids.
We are planning to do some of the backstage tours, like Keys to the Kingdom, and the Backstage Safari; things we won't be able to do as a family until the kids are much older.
Also, we're booking meals at Signature restaurants, rather than the usual TS where we'd take the kids.
And we're planning long leisurely strolls through the World Showcase with an adult beverage in hand. ;)

We just came back from our 4th but first without kids too!
This was our 25th annivesary celebration.
We did booka lot character meals for breakfast.
I'd shoot for quieter meals like Kona Cafe and places that are not so chaotic.
We enjoyed just being able to browse through the World Showcase without kids getting ansty and bored.
Rose and Crown was nice to sit out on the porch and sip a beer and munch fish and chips, then enjoy a concert across the way.
Just go and enjoy being a couple!

These are all great ideas folks, thanks. The backstage to the MK and AK safari sounds really cool. Do I have to book that ahead of time?? Any nice recommendations for dinner? I can't wait!!!!!:woohoo:

I would highly recommend the California Grill for dinner. We are going there to celebrate our 10th in August; we celebrated our 5th there as well. We also liked Artist Pointe at the Wilderness Lodge.

Another thing that's been recommended to us by many on the boards is a carriage ride at POFQ. It's about $35 for a 30 minute ride (if memory serves). If it's not too hot when we're there we may try this. Evenings are usually nice in October, so this might be a nice option. You can always take the boat to DTD afterwards.

You'll be there during the Food and Wine Festival, so be sure to check out the food choices and Eat to the Beat concert schedule.

Have fun!

We will be there in September celebrating our 20th.
Our big thing will be spending more time at the water parks and as much night life at Disney as possible.
Water park/Theme park in the am. Back to room for rest/swim. Epcot or MK for evening activities.
And lots of alcoholic beverages and good food.

We are celebrating our 12th anniv. in a little over a week. This will be our first trip w/out the kids, but our 10th trip overall.

We are doing a very minimal park touring. We will go to AK and Epcot and maybe HS. We will mostly spend time by the pool. We are going to Bluezoo at the Dauphin and either Narcoossees(or maybe changing it to the new Paradiso 37) for dinner.

We will be doing the Segway tour of World showcase, taking the bus to Citywalk @ Universal, going to Jellyrolls's on the Boardwalk, and possibly DT Disney in the evenings.

I recommend dining at Artist Point, we celebrated our 29th anniversary there in April. They gave us a complimentary glass of champaign with a raspberry in it. The food was wonderful.

We've eaten there a few times and the food is wonderful, the waiters helpful on selections including wine, excellent service and a nice view.

Although I understand you get a better view of the Magic Kingdom fireworks at California Grille. If haven't eaten there so can't compare the food between the two restaurants. Has anyone else dined at both restaurants? Which do you prefer?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter