Celebrating 20 years need advice!!

Kristine316

Mouseketeer
So I have a question similar to the one below about how to make a celebration special.
My husband and I are celebrating our 20 year anniversary at WDW this fall.
This will be our first trip to WDW with just husband and I.
We are doing the deluxe dining package and dining at Signatures all week so, I have the "Romantic Dinner" covered pretty well.
I am looking for suggestions for something romantic and special to do besides the Anniversary dinner.

Any ideas? Thank you!

Congratulations! We are celebrating our 20th in December but with Kids. For our 15th we did a carriage ride at POR but hear there is a nice one at the Wilderness Campground too. I know you mentioned that you are doing deluxe dining plan. Our plan on our actual anniversary is to eat at California Grill and finish the evening by watching the fireworks from the viewing deck (assuming we get the reservation). BUT, the fireworks cruise sounds like another great option and did have a coworker take one and said it was wonderful! Hope you have a truly magical anniversary celebration.

Romance is what you make of it.

Staying CL is real nice. There is nothing like a little extra pampering and service to but you at ease.

Make sure you note your anniversary on all your reservations. You never know when you'll be sprinkled with some pixie dust.

Some of the "date night" type of things we have done are a nice dinner at Flying Fish (would also suggest bluezoo or Shula's if you weren't on the DxDP) followed by a stroll on the Boardwalk and a late night round of minigolf at Fantasia Gardens, Characters in Flight at DTD at night can be quite romantic and peaceful, also having a nice dinner and taking in La Nouba makes for a nice evening. I know you are on the DxDP, but since you are going in the fall an evening just trying different booths at F&W can be very nice and romantic and fun.

On the flip side, acting like your kids again (without having to worry about kids) can be just as romantic. Riding the rides you want to ride, going to MNSSHP (and maybe even dressing up), just generally having fun together could be romantic. It all depends on your personalities.

Personally, I think the DxDP can be a bit constrictive in the fall. Besides not being able to use credits for V&A's, bluezoo or Shula's (all phenomenal and much more relaxed than most Signatures) or any other special meals that are available like Dine with an Imagineer or the Chef's Wine Tasting Dinner at FF (both also being nice special experiences), if you are going to be there during F&W there are a lot of kiosks to try and other special events and meals to experience that you just may not have room for (either in your schedule or in your tummies).

Thank you so much for the great ideas! We have a week so we may try them all!

Definitely going to look into a Fireworks cruise.

We are also headed to the World in the fall to celebrate our 20th (without the kiddo!). We decided to not do the dining plan because of F&W.

Right now our plans include:

1. Cali Grill for a late night dinner/watch fireworks
2. Late morning at Ohana for breakfast and then eat/drink our way around the world for F&W
3. Pool day and then hopefully dinner at Boathouse
4. Another dinner at Yachtsmans
5. Keys to the Kingdom tour

Honestly - I'm most looking forward to riding rides/doing experiences that our son never wants to do - sleeping in - staying out late - and just enjoying ourselves.

Congratulations and have fun!

Kim

There are the clubs and lounges. We like to take a walk outside of the Polynesian along the lagoon and watch the electrical water parade at night. There is also the new Trader Sam's Grog Grotto, which is kid-free after 8pm.

I don't know how extravagant you want to be but vow renewal packages at Disney are less than you would think. It's usually right around $2500. We were engaged, married and honeymoon all at Disney so we are the experts at romantic disney. For our honeymoon I had the room decorated from Disney Floral and Gifts. Also pricey, but once in a lifetime. Walk around the boardwalk after dinner at the Flying Fish. There are swings on the beach by the Yacht Club. We have also done the carriage ride at Fort Wilderness during Christmas. Our driver was a talker so it was more informational than romantic. I would also say to explore all the Deluxe resorts. Go see the giraffes at Animal Kingdom Lodge. We love the Wilderness Lodge and it has a beautiful lobby. There are rocking chairs next to the fireplace. It's not very romantic because of all the noise from the Whispering Canyon Cafe, but its beautiful. The lounge next door is quieter, dark woods and romantic. We do Deluxe dining all the time and I did a report (in my signature) from our trip in September last year if you need more ideas. Hope it helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter