Celebrating 20 years at WDW - Bonus features, A few posts from May, Updated 9/11

I'm glad Liesa was there to do their job for them. Good grief. I guess the positive part is that she insisted on having a look around and it worked out. It just sounds so inefficient that they couldn't figure that out without outside help.

It was such a no-brainer. I dunno, I guess when margs are the enticement, problem solving becomes easier.

I guess we'll see how much of the fun Liesa shares in her update. :rolleyes1

Yes, and you shall. Hopefully, tonight. ;)

I don't drink Tequilla, what would I drink?
I eat my bologna with only ketchup on a bun.

Well I guess they offer wine and beer, but there aren't any other spirits besides Tequila. You could have a Coke. :confused3

Do you fry your bologna so that it makes a little bowl and then you pour the ketchup in the middle?

I don't remember hearing about looking for Remy before. How cute!

I vaguely remember @dolphingirl47 talking about it, but Fran always finds things ike that.

Yay, Liesa, for getting your table set! Looks like you had fun!

I tend to be too meek and polite about asking for things like that, but Liesa was totally on top of it!

Drinking chocolate sounds intense. In a yummy sort of way.

It was. I would have some again if I encountered it!

I wasn't even playing it and I saw him right away. I saw a couple around WS and didn't know what they were. Glad I could help, cuz we had "stuff" to do. ;)

Yeah, it was kind of a thing for "give kids something to do while their parents drink." However many of the kids playing were adults!

Yes, I did. Ms. Bossy to the rescue. LOL!

:thumbsup2

I could have gone swimming in the queso and been very happy!

I was glad that I asked about the portion sizes. I would have got the queso alone if it had been a bigger portion, but since they said it was the same size with the trio, I figured why not get all three for only a couple dollars more?

Excuse me! Paying customers waiting! SOLUTIONS, People, Solutions!

Exactly!

Well, that's certainly the understatement of the century! I should probably just hit this update next... because.

Unlike you, I don't remember a lot of the "stories". I remember we laughed the entire time and had great fun, but if I were asked to talk about anything that we discussed other than the "legality" of your drink, I have no clue. There were the few "where are you from?", "when are you going back?", "how was V&A's?" questions, but I know there was lots more where we laughed a lot!

OH, yes. I should definitely do this update next, because the funny stuff one does factor of about a billion when you see what we did afterwards. OY!

OK, so it's "tonight", oh wait your "tonight" goes much later than mine has lately. I hope you're going to talk about what happened afterwards in addition to your take on this night!

Yep, that's what it was called. Loved Body Wars!

It actually made me nauseous. :laughing:

It warms my heart that you helped him recycle :)

That's funny! If you knew what Fran does, it drives me crazy! She picks up dirty stuff everywhere. Who knows where those cans and bottles have been!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!!

Thank you! I hope yours was happy as well! Did you visit your family?

Fun update. I'm trying to figure out how to stay at WDW with the boys, I think I need to buy a trailer and stay at FW.... :laughing:

Great DiSmeet!!!

You could get a RoadTrek or something similar. Do they allow pets at FW?

The same room??? WOW! Talk about deja vu. The view looks familiar.
Shame about the tub.

I know I couldn't believe it! No one was in your room as it was still under rennovation.

OMG! You and @skier_pete were enjoying F&W together?? I so wish I could have joined you all. It looks like fun.

That definitely would have been fun since you pretty much "introduced" us.

Seems like you had a few DisMeets.
The food looks delicious.

And many more to come!

I think it is. There are other folks who disagree in town. But they have 3 restaurants and that was has been there since the 50s, so I'd say it's excellent.

I don't care what the presentation is like. Good food is good food.
When we were in Minneapolis once, we went to a dive called The Wienery. Dirty counter, mis-matched chairs... and the best hot dog I have ever eaten.

For me it gives that extra crunch, like lettuce or potato chips.

Interesting. A couple days ago I had pulled BBQ chicken on a bun with coleslaw. First time. And.... yummy!

Hence the "honor" part of it.

Funny. I never thought of it that way. Huh.

All that traveling over the last month really threw me for a curve.

This sounds suspiciously like a first world problem, no? :laughing:

and another thing which didn’t help was we had a tenant move out at the end of August. He had been in there for over 5 years, so the place needed painting and new carpet.

Unexpected?

Yesterday I cleaned all the windows. Have I told you I really despise cleaning second floor windows?

How? Ladder or hose from below?

The first bad sign was when water started to come out the dishwasher overflow valve and spill into the sink.

That would be the number one sign of a bad problem, I'd think.

The second bad sign was when we started to smell some sort of “electrical burning”.

I stand corrected.

While we were eating in the American Pavillion, I noticed that I had received a text from Liesa that she was in Epcot now and "where were we?"

Nice!

We were almost there so we stopped to say “hi”. Sorry no pictures….

That means it was a good meet. Too busy enjoying each other's company?

I got the middle section, middle row, so I had feet, but the buildings weren’t leaning.

Lucky. Wish I'd been as fortunate.

I have yet to see this for myself.

You don't want to.

After the ride, I met back up with Fran and we went over to the Festival Center.

And.... I totally missed this entire area. Did I miss much?

the festival was barely halfway through, did they not want to make money off of merchandising?

Oh, no. Disney is only interested in making people happy. Money has nothing to do with it.

ahem.

I had read about this on the Disney Food Blog.

I hadn't! Totally missed that.

See how viscous it is! Didn’t even stick to the sides of the cup.

Whoa.... Must've just slid down the throat.

In hindsight we should have shared a cup it was that rich! I couldn’t finish much more than this of mine.

I'm not surprised. It sounded rich!

Aww... Look at those smiles!

A Remy shot! And a really good one, too.

Here is the Beef skewer, this was very tasty with a nice marinade to it.

Looks good. Missed that one.

Peanut butter and white chocolate mousse. It was OK. PB was too viscous when placed next to the mousse.

Too bad. It sounded good.

Right next to the Chew Studio was Greenhouse Guru

Missed that one too.
Probably couldn't see it through the crowd.

I also got a glass of wine, Chateau St. Michelle Riesling, it’s one of my favorites.

Gotta try to remember that one.

They also had these cute little vignettes set up around the festival.

Missed those too. :sad2:

We were starting to get full again, but we pressed on to the Chocolate studio.

I tried to get in there.... the line up was almost back to SE.

Liquid Nitro Almond tart, it was good but not to die for IMHO

I'm kinda glad to hear that. It was the one thing I really wanted to try and missed.

I just want to wish all my American friends out there a Happy Thanksgiving! All my International friends can enjoy it too, all you need to do is cook a turkey and embrace overeating!

I made an American Trump Thanksgiving meal.
Tacos, Soft tacos, burritos, Mexican rice.

While I was riding Soarin’ Fran had sprung for several copies of the Remy map.

Never heard of that. Is it new?

First we looked all around Canada.

It's a big Country. Must've taken a while.

always thought that @Leshaface was kidding when she talked about Beaver Butt Lip Balm and then I found all those products!

Of course you did. Gotta stay hygienic ya know.

We headed over the other side of World Showcase and looked for him in Mexico, but we couldn’t locate him. I think it was this point when Fran decided she didn’t care how we got all the Remys and she started to Google him on her phone.

Cheating!

We bumped into Liesa

"She didn't take kindly to that so she bumped us back. I swung at her and missed, she's a fairly small target. But luckily Fran was there and ran over her foot with her scooter."

Cute pic of you guys!

Wait. Was this before or after the tequila?!?!? :lmao:

She demanded to take a look inside the place. Yes those parties were at separate tables, but the tables were next to each other! Hello! Slide them together!

Oh, come on! Seriously? They couldn't figure that out themselves?

So we had a table for five and as Fran and I returned Pat and Marv were there as well.

Nice!

As I said, I don't remember what everyone else got, but I know Liesa was well into her alphabet game.

Ah. That explains the photo then.

Back at the room we put on the circus (aka presidential debate) and yelled at the TV! It's funny what Tequila does to you!

:rotfl:

I had another bath in the soaker tub before calling it a night.

Good. Never let a soaker tub go to waste.
I think that's a law in some parts of the world.

OH, yes. I should definitely do this update next, because the funny stuff one does factor of about a billion when you see what we did afterwards. OY!

Looking forward to that!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Oh my that Remy game looks fun. I must try that. Is Remy an actusl statue or like Pokemon virtual on a mobile phone image?

It's intended for something to keep the kids occupied while the parents eat and drink into oblivion so no smartphones required.

How nice to meet up with friends but why at dinner do the guests need to work out the tabke arrangements! The staff should have done this automatically! Roll eyes.

Lovely photo of you all.

Well technically it's not a dinner location, just a bar, but still we should not have had to work out the logistics!

I have never had bologna. As a meat lover should I? We don't have it here unless it is named something else. I must try this. Looks good.

You don't have bologna in the UK? :confused3 It's not one of the "higher end" cuts of meat. Fran always makes sure we get the Beef Bologna because she if afraid of what they might put in the "Bologna". From what Google tells me you might have something called Polony which is similar.

I'm glad Liesa was there to do their job for them. Good grief. I guess the positive part is that she insisted on having a look around and it worked out. It just sounds so inefficient that they couldn't figure that out without outside help.

I know! I wasn't there as I went to the restroom with Fran, but if two couples leave and they are adjacent tables, I'm thinking party of five seating! I have no idea what went through this gal's head? Did she need the people at the large table to leave before she could wrap her head around finding us a table?

:rotfl2: I don't think I can ever look at Trump without thinking about when he said, "I'm not a puppet. You're a puppet." He's like a 6 year old saying, "I know you are but what am I?"

Don't get me started! I saw a funny meme which referred to commas about a President, a racist and a misogynist...rules here prohibit me from posting it.

The prices seem a lot less for the food at WDW compared to the Festival of the Holidays at DCA. I wonder if it has to to with how much the state has to pay employees and the sick leave, etc.

I was talking to Fran about that, it seems our prices are about double to the WDW kiosks and I think that includes the extra insurance, and who knows what else we have in CA, but I'm happy to pay it if we can have something like the WDW F&W festival. I went to the Festival of Holidays last week and we ate ourselves silly and stilldid jot get through all the booths!

Okay, off topic question..... Have you ever dined at Houston's in Irvine? I recently ate at Houston's in New Orleans and I loved it. I looked to see if there were any in Southern California and found one in Irvine. The reviews are very mixed, though for the Irvine location.

Actually I've never even heard of the chain....

Those rules go out the window in the midst of a hurricane. I had fun with the Remy hunt last year so was ready to tackle it again this year. Well with Matthew threatening, Remy did the smart thing and hid inside the pavilions. Of course no one tells you this and in the days post-Matthew, it was never very clear if Remy was inside or outside. I finally broke down and had to cheat on the last two--I just couldn't spot him in the Morocco or Mexican pavilions.

Looks like a fun meet-up! I am impressed with your progress on the food booths thus far.

Interesting. I guess they would have to take extreme measures in the case of a hurricane.

Pat and I really enjoyed finally meeting you two after seeing you on the DIS for so many years! Great time and lots of laughs together at La Cava. :rotfl2: I guess we'll see how much of the fun Liesa shares in her update. :rolleyes1

:welcome: I'm glad you followed the tag over here! We had a good time that night!

That was good stuff. Appreciate Fran and Alison treating us! The guacamole was yummy! :woohoo:

Of course, and that way we don't feel bad if we eat most of it!

My version is coming up later today!

Cool looking forward to it...today is approaching it's end soon....:rolleyes1

It was such a no-brainer. I dunno, I guess when margs are the enticement, problem solving becomes easier.

You are a problem solver!

Yes, and you shall. Hopefully, tonight. ;)

:rolleyes1

Ugh. It took me like 3 hours to respond to pkondz's post. ;)

So, am out of time to add the photos. But will be back on tomorrow to do it.

Nighty night, Friends!

Thank you! I hope yours was happy as well! Did you visit your family?

I could not go up and see them since I'm taking off in two weeks. I'll see them before Christmas. I dubbed it Cheesecake Day since I didn't want to think about being alone on Thanksgiving and made a cheesecake to celebrate :teeth:

You could get a RoadTrek or something similar. Do they allow pets at FW?

They do allow pets at FW, I don't know if all breeds of dogs are allowed, I need to look into it.

I don't care what the presentation is like. Good food is good food.
When we were in Minneapolis once, we went to a dive called The Wienery. Dirty counter, mis-matched chairs... and the best hot dog I have ever eaten.

And now I want a hot dog, but a good one, not just something from Der Wienerschnitzel.

Interesting. A couple days ago I had pulled BBQ chicken on a bun with coleslaw. First time. And.... yummy!

Cole Slaw is always good on a pulled meat sandwich!

This sounds suspiciously like a first world problem, no? :laughing:

Well yeah, so is having too much food in the freezer that you need to make a serious plan to eat it before the next Thanksgiving/Christmas meat season.

Unexpected?

Well one never expects a tenant to leave, but we should have seen the signs. After 4 years of prompt payment, he bounced a check last spring, and he sold his classic car. In June he didn't have the rent and we had to serve him a "3 day notice to pay rent or quit", and then miraculously found the money on the third day. July was smooth sailing, and then August, no money again. He ended up giving up his security deposit for the rent. In July we just upped new security deposits to 150% of rent (for incoming tenants), that way if this happens again, we can also have something left to renovate/clean.

How? Ladder or hose from below?

For Windows that open, I remove the pane that opens and clean that on the patio/landing, that's easy. However for the pane that is fixed, I have to lean out the window. I do have a 5ft extendable pole and an 8 ft extendable pole. I use one for the thing to wet the window and the other for the squidgee. However the window where the A/C unit is located is fixed shut. This one I had to climb the ladder and use my 8ft pole for both the window wetter and the squidgee. Changing that on an 8ft pole standing on top of the ladder really bites.

That would be the number one sign of a bad problem, I'd think.

I stand corrected.

Yeah. :rotfl2:

That means it was a good meet. Too busy enjoying each other's company?

Actually it was probably less than 5 minutes.

"Hi"
"Hi"
"This is Fran."
"This is my DH."
"Cool. See you later!"
"Bye!"

And.... I totally missed this entire area. Did I miss much?

Probably not. It was where they did demos and stuff. Well except for the drinking chocolate.

I hadn't! Totally missed that.

Too bad.

Whoa.... Must've just slid down the throat.

Actually it was very hot. It didn't burn my mouth, but I really had to sip carefully and let it cool in the mouth as it almost burned my throat on the first sip.

I'm not surprised. It sounded rich!

Incredibly rich.

A Remy shot! And a really good one, too.

:blush: Thanks!

Looks good. Missed that one.

Too bad. It sounded good.

Missed that one too.
Probably couldn't see it through the crowd.

I think you told me that Saturday was your Epcot day...we avoided Epcot on the weekend as I've heard the lines are long. These booths were tucked away in a kind of remote area.

I tried to get in there.... the line up was almost back to SE.

Seriously?

I'm kinda glad to hear that. It was the one thing I really wanted to try and missed.

I had higher expectations based on last year's reviews.

I made an American Trump Thanksgiving meal.
Tacos, Soft tacos, burritos, Mexican rice.

OK now I want Tacos too. Instead I plan to make a turkey soup, and if I ever get out of bed, Waffles and bacon.

Never heard of that. Is it new?

I know they had it last year as several people here played it.

It's a big Country. Must've taken a while.

We did the Cliff Notes version. You have those in Canada right?

"She didn't take kindly to that so she bumped us back. I swung at her and missed, she's a fairly small target. But luckily Fran was there and ran over her foot with her scooter."

:lmao: It didn't quite go down that way....

Liesa has the before and after pictures. I didn't realize we had been altered by the Tequila so much until I saw her pics.

Oh, come on! Seriously? They couldn't figure that out themselves?

Obviously she needs to go back to hostess school.

Ugh. It took me like 3 hours to respond to pkondz's post. ;)

So, am out of time to add the photos. But will be back on tomorrow to do it.

Nighty night, Friends!

Three hours? :confused3 who are you? Tolstoy?

Thanks Alison never seen Polony. Will search it out.

I'm not sure it is worth such a venture. People in America often joke that bologna is what they make of the snouts and other parts that don't go in the "real" cuts of meat. I try not to think about it. The main thing about bologna is that my Mom served it to us as kids. That's how I ate it as a kid. With potato chips stuffed in between the cheese and bologna. I guess it's a thing that reminds me of childhood.

I actually think I will like Polony. I love what we call here Spam. It is considered quite poor in meat quality. Like you describe a bit naff! It can come in a can! But it is real nice with mustard and pickles. I love stuff like this!

And now I want a hot dog, but a good one, not just something from Der Wienerschnitzel.

It was so good, Alison!
He made his French Fries to order... as in, you order, he starts cutting the potato. He made his own relish. The buns were fresh and steamed to the exact point where they didn't get soggy, but melted in your mouth like a cloud.

Cole Slaw is always good on a pulled meat sandwich!

I just learned this!

Well yeah, so is having too much food in the freezer that you need to make a serious plan to eat it before the next Thanksgiving/Christmas meat season.

:laughing: Oh, you poor thing. Maybe we can help you out when we come to Disneyland in the spring.

Did I not mention this?

Actually, I need your help.
With zero research, how easy/difficult is it to do it in a day? (Both parks... or at least the best of both parks?)

Well one never expects a tenant to leave, but we should have seen the signs. After 4 years of prompt payment, he bounced a check last spring, and he sold his classic car. In June he didn't have the rent and we had to serve him a "3 day notice to pay rent or quit", and then miraculously found the money on the third day. July was smooth sailing, and then August, no money again. He ended up giving up his security deposit for the rent.

Yeah, those do look like signs...

In July we just upped new security deposits to 150% of rent (for incoming tenants), that way if this happens again, we can also have something left to renovate/clean.

Not a bad plan. But will that affect your getting a tenant? Or are there plenty of renters?

For Windows that open, I remove the pane that opens and clean that on the patio/landing, that's easy. However for the pane that is fixed, I have to lean out the window. I do have a 5ft extendable pole and an 8 ft extendable pole. I use one for the thing to wet the window and the other for the squidgee. However the window where the A/C unit is located is fixed shut. This one I had to climb the ladder and use my 8ft pole for both the window wetter and the squidgee. Changing that on an 8ft pole standing on top of the ladder really bites.

So a little bit of everything.

:laughing:

Actually it was probably less than 5 minutes.

"Hi"
"Hi"
"This is Fran."
"This is my DH."
"Cool. See you later!"
"Bye!"

Bubble burst!

Probably not. It was where they did demos and stuff. Well except for the drinking chocolate.

Okay. I don't feel so bad, then.

Guess I'll just have to try again!

Actually it was very hot. It didn't burn my mouth, but I really had to sip carefully and let it cool in the mouth as it almost burned my throat on the first sip.

I find it a bit odd that they'd serve that. What with the whole McDonald's coffee too hot thing.

I think you told me that Saturday was your Epcot day...we avoided Epcot on the weekend as I've heard the lines are long. These booths were tucked away in a kind of remote area.

Honestly I can't remember! :laughing:
But that might explain why I missed them.

Seriously?

Nah. Exaggerating.
It was long, though. I looked at the map and the line stretched from there to just short of where Greenhouse Guru is.
(Although I never saw that, I see where it is on the map.)

OK now I want Tacos too. Instead I plan to make a turkey soup, and if I ever get out of bed, Waffles and bacon.

mmmm..... I'll take some of everything.

We did the Cliff Notes version. You have those in Canada right?

I don't know! :lmao: It's been years since high school and we weren't supposed to use them.
But I don't remember if they were called Cliff Notes or something else.
(But at least I know what they are!)

:lmao: It didn't quite go down that way....

:laughing:

Liesa has the before and after pictures. I didn't realize we had been altered by the Tequila so much until I saw her pics.

I've seen them! Going over there to comment right away. Funny!

:laughing: Oh, you poor thing. Maybe we can help you out when we come to Disneyland in the spring.

Did I not mention this?

With zero research, how easy/difficult is it to do it in a day? (Both parks... or at least the best of both parks?)
This is great news - I can get the same information as I to am planning on going to Disneyland in the spring. It is my retirement gift to myself.
We would be spending a couple of days at Disneyland so don't need to do both parks in a day.
Judy

Yeah, it was kind of a thing for "give kids something to do while their parents drink." However many of the kids playing were adults!

Still kinda fun. I like the scavenger hunt kinds of games that we played.

I was glad that I asked about the portion sizes. I would have got the queso alone if it had been a bigger portion, but since they said it was the same size with the trio, I figured why not get all three for only a couple dollars more?

More bang for the buck for sure! I liked the guac too.

Unlike you, I don't remember a lot of the "stories". I remember we laughed the entire time and had great fun, but if I were asked to talk about anything that we discussed other than the "legality" of your drink, I have no clue. There were the few "where are you from?", "when are you going back?", "how was V&A's?" questions, but I know there was lots more where we laughed a lot!

OH RIGHT! Now I remember about that "legality" discussion. That'll have to have it's own post at some point nearer the end of my TR- or at least be a major talking point. And, yes, I do remember the V&As talk since you guys were going just a few days later. I remember Marv shot off some hilarious one liner and we laughed about that a lot! Hey @GoofyFan1515 and @Poolrat where are you guys?! We need your memories!

OK, so it's "tonight", oh wait your "tonight" goes much later than mine has lately. I hope you're going to talk about what happened afterwards in addition to your take on this night!

Yeah, it would seem appropriate that that post should come next. Hmmm... clever title for those last few hours.

See? I take really dorky pictures, tequila or none. So you can't say that the "After" picture on my TR is ALL the tequila talking. You'll see that same goofy grin in most of my photos; I guess I was just really happy to be in Disney at all.

OK now I want Tacos too. Instead I plan to make a turkey soup

Taco Tuesday!!!!!!!!

And guess what I made on Saturday? And still eating on Sunday? Turkey rice here.

Pfffft. That was just DISMeet joy.

Three hours? :confused3 who are you? Tolstoy?

Well, it wasn't quite 3 hours, but close. LOL! ;) Tolstoy? I couldn't begin to match his talent. Been a long time since I've read any of that.

I actually think I will like Polony. I love what we call here Spam. It is considered quite poor in meat quality. Like you describe a bit naff! It can come in a can! But it is real nice with mustard and pickles. I love stuff like this!

Well, if you like Spam, you would probably like Bologna. I've never tried Spam, but it's a similar concept.

It was so good, Alison!
He made his French Fries to order... as in, you order, he starts cutting the potato. He made his own relish. The buns were fresh and steamed to the exact point where they didn't get soggy, but melted in your mouth like a cloud.

I love places like that where they do everything from scratch on site.

Did I not mention this?

:eek: No you did not mention this! I am intrigued! I still have six turkeys, two prime ribs (and a half a prime rib, perfect for me and Fran), three hams, and a handful of chickens and pork shoulders.

I will do my best. With careful planning, use of FP, you can hit most of the big rides, in one day. Ask @Captain_Oblivious. The biggest thing that I find you miss out on when visiting Disneyland Resort is that there are so many great places to eat and no way to hit them all, even in a two or three day trip.

Not a bad plan. But will that affect your getting a tenant? Or are there plenty of renters?

It didn't hurt us renting our last unit. We had that one rented within about a month of it being on the market. Luckily our units are very well appointed and I like to think that we have cleaner more upscale apartments than a lot of them out there. Also by asking for a higher security deposit, we hopefully get better levels of tenants.

I find it a bit odd that they'd serve that. What with the whole McDonald's coffee too hot thing.

It was nowhere near the temperature of McDonald's coffee, but my first sip took me off guard.

Nah. Exaggerating.
It was long, though. I looked at the map and the line stretched from there to just short of where Greenhouse Guru is.
(Although I never saw that, I see where it is on the map.)

OMG! I can't believe the line was that long! Crazy, I'll have a later update where we skipped a booth because the line was long and it was nowhere near as long. But I bet that's why you never saw the Greenhouse Guru and Chew booths. I had scoped out the map beforehand and figured out where all my "goto" booths were and I had like all but two, three, maybe four.

I don't know! :lmao: It's been years since high school and we weren't supposed to use them.
But I don't remember if they were called Cliff Notes or something else.
(But at least I know what they are!)

With all the rules you told me you broke and what a rule breaker you were and you didn't use Cliff notes????? (I never used them but that's because I was a model student who always studied and did everything my teachers asked of me. My rebellion was outside of school and rules, I always kept up before I went out and had fun! :lmao:)

This is great news - I can get the same information as I to am planning on going to Disneyland in the spring. It is my retirement gift to myself.
We would be spending a couple of days at Disneyland so don't need to do both parks in a day.
Judy

OK, so I'm not sure how much information I can give here as I am trying to keep up posting on the TR, but let me know your dates and I will try to give you help on getting the most out of your Disney days!

:eek: No you did not mention this! I am intrigued! I still have six turkeys, two prime ribs (and a half a prime rib, perfect for me and Fran), three hams, and a handful of chickens and pork shoulders.

Hmmm... that may not be enough for you and Fran and the 150 others I assume are coming over?

I will do my best. With careful planning, use of FP, you can hit most of the big rides, in one day. Ask @Captain_Oblivious. The biggest thing that I find you miss out on when visiting Disneyland Resort is that there are so many great places to eat and no way to hit them all, even in a two or three day trip.

Oh, Yes! I should go re-read that.
Believe it or not, it may only be a one day DL visit. I'll be e-ing you.

It didn't hurt us renting our last unit. We had that one rented within about a month of it being on the market. Luckily our units are very well appointed and I like to think that we have cleaner more upscale apartments than a lot of them out there. Also by asking for a higher security deposit, we hopefully get better levels of tenants.

I had a feeling you might say something like that. I got the impression that your rentals would be nice.

OMG! I can't believe the line was that long! Crazy, I'll have a later update where we skipped a booth because the line was long and it was nowhere near as long. But I bet that's why you never saw the Greenhouse Guru and Chew booths. I had scoped out the map beforehand and figured out where all my "goto" booths were and I had like all but two, three, maybe four.

I didn't see Greenhouse Guru, but I did see the Chew one.
I had a list of stuff I wanted to try. I didn't get to even half of it, I don't think, but what I didn't have was a map beforehand.

With all the rules you told me you broke and what a rule breaker you were and you didn't use Cliff notes????? (I never used them but that's because I was a model student who always studied and did everything my teachers asked of me. My rebellion was outside of school and rules, I always kept up before I went out and had fun! :lmao:)

Never needed 'em. I was a voracious reader in high school. At least in English. (I never liked reading French. May have been the books, but was probably me.) I remember in Gr. 10 English class we had to read Dickens' Great Expectations. Out of a class of 30 or so, I was the only one who read it all. I think there was a similar result in Gr. 11.

Day 3

Unfortunately, I have to say that this has now become a thing, I woke up around 4AM. Instead of just trying to sleep through it like I do at home, I decided to take another tub. Which helped me go back to sleep around 5:30, and then I was awake by 8AM, so I would call that a pretty good night’s sleep.

Since I didn’t make the Bacon and eggs for breakfast the day before, I decided today was as good a day as any.

I had a FP+ which opened at 10AM for Test Track, so I didn’t see any need to rush over to Future World, instead I caught up online until 10AM and then I left. We had already decided that Fran would just remain in bed while I went on rides. I got in the FP line for TT and got to make my car.

On every test my car came in 3rd. Until the last, then I won the speed competition. Here's my car’s final rating. Sorry it’s blurry, this is the best of all of them.

I had 13 minutes to my next FP+ so I took my time over to Mission Space. It was 3 minutes before my time when I walked through the tapstiles and my mouse lighted up green. Orange Team

These machines look a bit dated now.

I had a DISmeet set up for this day and wanted Fran to come along so I was going to go back to the hotel, get her up and we would both head into World Showcase. On my way back to the hotel I called Fran so she could start coming to consciousness. Then I texted @IowaTater to see where they were. They were at Brazil and Belgium so I said I'd let her know when we were coming back. It turns out that Fran was feeling woozy and dehydrated so I gave her a bottle of water and told her to drink a lot of it, and I headed back out to Epcot. On my way through Morocco I saw Remy.

I met up with Sarah, her DH and another friend in Japan. They had their sights set on a margarita in Italy, so that's where we went.

It was a limoncello and Tequila slushie style margarita

Next we moved on to Germany.

IowaTater’s friend got the bratwurst. I got the schinkennuddeln which was yummy!

I also got the apple strudel. It was not nearly as good as I remember, plus it had raisins in it. Yech!

After this her friend said goodbye and we moved on around the WS. As we went past the Africa Outpost, I saw Remy.

I wanted to try the spicy noodles and garlic shrimp in China, so I got one of those. It was a huge portion and very spicy. I couldn’t eat it all.

IowaTater got the shrimp taco in Mexico.

It was getting hot, and they were talking about visiting the Craft beer stand, but first we all agreed to get the Hard ice Cream floats at the Desserts and Champagne kiosk. It looks like I didn’t get a picture of the menu, but it was here that I found out you couldn’t use the coupons for Dom Perignon or any champagnes.

I thought that they put a little too much ice cream in the floats and they could have used more of the “soda:.

We made sure to take evidence of our meet.

And then I was going back to the room to check on Fran after showing them where to get a Cronut and Dole Whip. On the way back to the resort I picked up one of these with the coupons.

Back at the resort, Fran felt a little better, and she asked me to heat up her cinnamon bun.

I wanted to take off my sweaty clothes and take a dip in the pool. To get to the pool you go through this room.

I cooled off in the pool and then heated up in the jacuzzi. The jets felt good on my sore muscles. I took one more dip in the pool and then laid down on a lounger to dry off.

Back in the room Fran was feeling up to going out. So we got ready to head out for the night.

Sounds like a nice day so far. How annoying your body clock has decided to make the 4am a regular thing. Breakfast looked good!

Poor Fran sorry she was off colour at the start of the day. Good advice with the water. I get that too. I wish I could do the IV drip like in hospital to rehydrate. That makes you feel better quickly. I discovered drinks with electrolites really made a difference. Smart water and Vitamin water.

That cute Remy! Well done on your Test Track score. I agree the mission space panels looking so yesterdays pizza now.

Frozen magariatas look nice. Woohhoo there that soda float ice cream ratio way off I agree! That looks more like a shandy ..

Nice photos with your friend. We found the portion sizes at F & W so varied and unpredictable. One too little, one just rught then an entree would appear!

Glad it looks like Fran might be feeling up to coming out tonight.

Too bad Fran missed out on your DISmeet. Looks like you went around quite a bit through the park though! We really liked the Schinkennuddel - even though it's just basically cheese noodles with ham and onion, I think it's great. I didn't try the strudel - I don't like raisins in my strudel either. Didn't really care for the shrimp in China either, but DD liked it. I'm not a big fan of soda/floats, so we skipped those.

Never really got a chance to check out the BCV quiet pool when we were there. We went to the main pool a couple times, and while nice it was awfully crowded. Felt like we should see it though as it's one of the highlights of the resort. It DOES mean that the BCV pool stays pretty kid-free.

Back to the Food & Wine Festival....

While I was riding Soarin’ Fran had sprung for several copies of the Remy map.

Is this something new? I have never heard of it before.

I always thought that @Leshaface was kidding when she talked about Beaver Butt Lip Balm and then I found all those products!
Oh these are great... I have peeps who need these.

Then we grabbed a photopass photographer outside the Mexico pavilion.
Nice photos!

Fran and I got classic margaritas and a Tequila flight
Plus we ordered the chips with a trio of Queso, guacamole and salsa for the table.
As I said, I don't remember what everyone else got, but I know Liesa was well into her alphabet game. I won’t spill any beans.
Love La Cava, and we always have to stop in and get a margarita. Glad you all had fun!
Deciding that we needed to soak up that alcohol, I made us some bologna sandwiches. Fran is a purist, simple bologna and mayo.
Mine I like with a slice of cheese, mustard and potato chips in addition to the purist ingredients.
I had another bath in the soaker tub before calling it a night.

Next up: I go on some rides, and more kiosks! What else, it IS Food & Wine!
I am with Fran on the sandwich, plain and simple for me.

Looks like you had a great day morning with out Fran. Hope she was feeling well enough to enjoy your evening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter