Celebrate the magic... Twice?

VS85

Mouseketeer
Hey folks! I am headed to MK on the 18th (it's a non MVMCP day), and the evening schedule starts with the parade, Celebrate the Magic (which I have never experienced before and am super excited for it!) and then Wishes. But then, at 10 there is another Celebrate the Magic, followed by another parade at 10:30! Why do they do this twice? Are there 2 different versions? Do most people leave after Wishes? If we only stay until the end of Wishes at 10pm, is it realistic to try to get on some rides in until park close at 11? We usually watch the entertainment from Main Street, so I don't even know we would be able to get out of the crowds into another land. I'm just confused... I've been to WDW only two or three times and have never run into this schedule where the parade is done twice. TIA!

When they have two different shows/parades; ALWAYS catch the 2nd one if possible. The crowds do thin out after Wishes. Last night after Wishes, I walked into everything. Then I got amazing seats for MSEP and walked on more rides.

Do you have your dates wrong? Because according to the calendar I am looking at, the park closes at 7:00 on December 18th (and I believe it is for MVMCP). :confused3

The disney website has the park closing at 7pm ~ if you click on it, it does give a schedule for those things (after 7), but my guess is that is for MVMCP, b/c it also states park closes at 7pm.

and I just checked, MVMCP is on the 18th.

The disney website has the park closing at 7pm ~ if you click on it, it does give a schedule for those things (after 7), but my guess is that is for MVMCP, b/c it also states park closes at 7pm.

and I just checked, MVMCP is on the 18th.

Ack! You're right sorry, must have mis-typed. We are going to MK on Wednesday, the 19th. Silly iPhone buttons!

When they have two different shows/parades; ALWAYS catch the 2nd one if possible. The crowds do thin out after Wishes. Last night after Wishes, I walked into everything. Then I got amazing seats for MSEP and walked on more rides.

Cool! We'll aim for the second one and take the time during the first parade to eat dinner and see some attractions. My only curiosity is how do you get a good spot to see Wishes from Main Street if you aren't already sitting there to see the parade? It's been a few years since I've been to MK so my memory might be wrong about this, but I thought right after the parade/CTM, Main St. opens up and people swarm into it to watch Wishes. I'll be honest, I am a fireworks FANATIC and I am most looking forward to Wishes, so if it comes down to sitting in crowds to get a better spot for the fireworks, that is what I will do! But I'm just wondering what the logistics are since you recommend the 2nd parade.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter