• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Celebrate Birthday, Would You?

SandyinMonterey

DIS Veteran
We're heading to WDW mid April. My daughters birthday is early May. We thought about celebrating her birthday while at WDW but I'm wondering if it's just too soon to do something like that? We would never be able to do a celebration @ WDW on her actual birthday or close to it due to school schedule so that's why I thought of this. Has anyone done this? Anyone (ex: CM) going to ask her actual birthday date and then give me strange looks?

No one will probably ask, and you are definitely not the first or last to celebrate something that's not on the actual vacation days. You're probably closer to the actual birthday than a lot of people.

Go for it and enjoy. Happy early birthday to your daughter as well! Hope you have a wonderful trip!

I am going in Sept. between my daughters birthdays. June and October birthdays. My granddaughter is also having a birthday in October. The whole point of this trip is to celebrate their birthdays. No one is going to ask you. We were there last March and we celebrated my mother's birthday which had been on Feb. 4th. Make sure you stop at guest services or if you are staying at a Disney resort your concierge desk to get your daughter a Happy Birthday pin. Most cast members will wish her a Happy Birthday when they see it. Some people have even received a little extra pixie dust, but don't go in expecting that because you will be disappointed if it doesn't happen. We only received the Happy Birthday wishes and were delighted with that.

I would do it but I have to add, someone MIGHT ask. We went during my son's actual birthday week and the CM who gave him the button at check in said to wear it all week so he did. He got TONS Of birthday wishes. A lot asked him how old he was.

The thing is, my son is a literal kind of dude so instead of just saying "11" he'd answer well I'm actually still ten but my birthday is... You get the idea.

The problem occurred two days before his actual birthday when we went to Monsters Inc Laugh Floor. Yeah, guess who got chosen to talk. And when the monster asked his age, he did his regular, actually today's not my birthday. The monster's jaw dropped. Camera pans over to the seat next to him which, THANK GOD, it just so happened my Mom sat next to him and not me and Monster says "Somebody wanted some free birthday cake."

It. Was. Hilarious.

After that Ds got a chance to say that his birthday was in two days and that he would be 11. And all was well.

Probably one of the the best and most embarrassing Disney moments simultaneously.

The problem occurred two days before his actual birthday when we went to Monsters Inc Laugh Floor. Yeah, guess who got chosen to talk. And when the monster asked his age, he did his regular, actually today's not my birthday. The monster's jaw dropped. Camera pans over to the seat next to him which, THANK GOD, it just so happened my Mom sat next to him and not me and Monster says "Somebody wanted some free birthday cake."

That's awesome! What a great experience for him!

I just wanted to add my agreement with other PPs - definitely celebrate! They ask all the time "are you celebrating anything?" They want people to celebrate their special occasions at Disney. We've been there a few times on our kids' birthdays and they wore their buttons all week. On our last trip, we walked into Teppan Edo just as they were singing Happy Birthday to someone at another table. So when our CM came out DS5 told her it was his birthday. I told her it wasn't, but after our meal, she brought him out ice cream and a hat and sang to him anyway - to celebrate his birthday! It was great!

I would do it but I have to add, someone MIGHT ask. We went during my son's actual birthday week and the CM who gave him the button at check in said to wear it all week so he did. He got TONS Of birthday wishes. A lot asked him how old he was. The thing is, my son is a literal kind of dude so instead of just saying "11" he'd answer well I'm actually still ten but my birthday is... You get the idea. The problem occurred two days before his actual birthday when we went to Monsters Inc Laugh Floor. Yeah, guess who got chosen to talk. And when the monster asked his age, he did his regular, actually today's not my birthday. The monster's jaw dropped. Camera pans over to the seat next to him which, THANK GOD, it just so happened my Mom sat next to him and not me and Monster says "Somebody wanted some free birthday cake." It. Was. Hilarious. After that Ds got a chance to say that his birthday was in two days and that he would be 11. And all was well. Probably one of the the best and most embarrassing Disney moments simultaneously.

My oldest DS is the same way, lol. When he was five we went the week of his birthday and we just kept reminding him that we were there to celebrate his birthday so it's okay that it wasn't the actual day when we have TS meals and they sang to him. We are going May 11 - 18th and celebrating my younger DS 6th birthday, which is April 11th and I am praying older DS, who is now 9, will not feel obligated to inform people that it isn't actually his brother's birthday lol :)

My birthday is May 1st and we have gone the last week of May a few times to DLR and we always celebrate my birthday then. It's fun because everyone wishes you a happy birthday. They never once asked me when my birthday was. Have fun and enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter