• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cdns, we just spent 8 days in Vacation home & did BG, IofA/US. It was great!

Sillyminny40

DIS Veteran
We really had a great time. We stayed in an "Orange Tree" devel home and loved it. Although 30 mins from Downtown it was worth it.
First time not ever doing WDW but not enough time and we had teens this time.

Isn't it fantastic to rent a whole home?:cool1: We leave in 14 days on a last minute trip and we've again rented a home privately ...this time we're staying at Emerald Island resort which is not far at all from the parks,shopping etc!:banana:

Glad you had a great time and welcome home!:cutie:

Have a great time! Where is Em Isle located? I can never go back to a hotel room after a huge house of luxury!

Thanks!:) It's just off the 192 in the west part and apparently is only 5 minutes from WDW! Last year we rented a villa in Davenport which isn't too far either from the parks.I can't wait to feel warmth and see the sun!!!:banana:

We could never go back to a hotel room either......even if it was onsite at WDW....nope we love the freedom and space of a home!:thumbsup2

Hi Sammi!
Where did you stay exactly and do you mind me asking if you know how much $$?
Thanks. I do not know Davenport but will look it up! :thumbsup2

We have a home rented in Hampton Lakes in Davenport for Aug 5 - 14th. Our first time "off" Disney. We are hoping we will like it!

We came SOOO close to buying a Home in Orange Tree this past Feb. It was so beautiful..was a model home, never lived in, been on the Market for 280 days...sighhhh:rolleyes:

Sillyminny40 Davenport is at the west end of the 192 and I checked the owner's site but I can't find him anymore.......:confused: His site is now gone but the area and the home was amazing.

We are again (in Nov) staying in the townhouse in Emerald Island which is really nice too.....one week is $660.00 all inclusive of taxes.The home is quite close to all the parks and they have 2 pools for your use.....again this resort is just off the 192.

Hope this helps if you have any other questions just fire away!:)

Sillyminny40 I just rechecked his site and it's all up and running this morning!
Keep in mind that all of his photos on his site are actually what the home looks like! He was also so very nice and actually installed a PC ( so we could print our boarding passes for SW)and an answering machine when we asked if he had these!:thumbsup2

Hope this helps and just holler if there's anything else I can answer for you!;)

http://www.poloparkfloridavilla.com/index.htm

I am checking it now. Thanks and I'll post back. I feel like I am jumping back and forth from coast to coast!

Minni56 We are looking at renting a home in orange tree,are you familiarwith the area? if so how far from Disney will we be?

DH could tell you EXACTLY as he timed it!! I think it was about 17- 20 mins? Nice-easy drive..and really quiet neighbourhood for the most part -- at least every time we were there!! Located in the rolling hills of Clermont--one day we will buy there for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter