• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

CD Hoodia

mrsovernite

Earning My Ears
I've got a Simon gift account that I only had like $2.XX on it. I didn't do any offers for the month of July because I wasn't sure if it would all pan out. Well, I was reading some comments in the CD forum and I checked my Simon account and found that they tried to charge me $79.XX on July 4th. I cancelled this way back in June and I have the cancellantion conf. # and everything. So glad that I did the prepaid thing. Should I try to call the Hoodia people and complain, or just let it go because it was denied?

It seems to me that this company is trying to get all they can from anyone they are able. I would call and let them know that you canceled and they attempempted to charge you frudulently. And if it happens again you will contact the AG in your home state and file a fraud complaint.

This happened to me, too. I got charged on July 4th after I had cancelled in June. There were at least a dozen people that I know of had the same thing go on around the 4th of July.

I called up the company and they were good about reversing the charges. No fuss and I didn't have to send the product back. I also got a new cancellation number of #41000 which also happened to be the cancellation number. :sad2: I'm hoping they don't do it again, but not counting on it based on their record. I plan to cancel this credit card after I make sure all of my direct charges are switched over.

Good luck.

I called again today. And I explained everything. The very snotty woman on the phone told me that my account showed that I had never cancelled and that I was still active! :mad: So, I told her no, gave her the date and the previous cancellation number and told her that if it wasn't cancelled I was going to call my states attorney. So, she got even more snotty, gave me a new cancellation number of 32000 (the prevous being 23000) and told me that it was completely cancelled. I'll call again on Friday to make sure. I'm sooo glad that I took everyone's advice and used a prepaid visa. This is enough to turn people off of these kind of sites period. What a scam.:sad2:

this hoodia company is a nightmare.

I got a letter 2 days ago from Capital One asking for more information on the $79.41 I disputed in July.

Today I looked at my Capital One account and there is a new charge on there

8/3/2007 SHG ENTERPRISES INC , 888-2550054 , UT $99.41

I'm 99.2% sure it is them - Utah.

SHG is a/k/a Pure Hoodia a/k/a N and N Labs

I cancelled in May, was charged $79.41 on July 4th and $99.41 on August
5th. I called to have the charge taken off and they said I was only charged $79.41. My cc company reversed the charges in July and I sent back the product so I thought I was all set. Then this August charge showed up. I have faxed them proof of my credit card statement where they charged me $99.41 and told them if it didn't get credited within 5 days I was reporting them to the BBB and AG. And I sent the fax on my boss' letterhead who is an atty.

Oh yeah, she also said I never cancelled my account. Hopefully this gets cleared up soon.

Wow what a pain! I am so glad that I used my Simon Account. I'm so going to call again tomorrow and make sure that my account was cancelled. I think I'll probably call again next week to. Even if tomorrow when I call they tell me that the account was cancelled. The thing that really cracks me up is when I called to complain last time, I told her that I knew of a bunch of people who were still be charged despite their having cancelled. She told me "we would never do that!". I mean they did it to me! Geesh:sad2: I'll let ya'll know what they tell me tomorrow. Should be interesting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter