CCI and ParkVue Q's

bambigirl88

Mouseketeer
Okay, we have booked 3 nights at Park Vue Inn, then we are going to San Diego for 2 nights, and then back to Anaheim for 4 more nights.
Thinking about booking the Park Vue again due to price, but seriously considering Candy Cane Inn.

What I am wondering about is......

1. As we will be having a car, do either of those hotels have a hard time getting in/out of with a car? I know Harbour is busy, but little things like that bug my driver :drive: (hubby).

2. Do either of the hotels offer goodies in your bathroom? You know, soap, shampoo, conditioner, etc.

3. Can you see the fireworks from the CCI? :pixiedust:

4. Will 4 people fit nicely into the regular room with 2 Queens, not the Deluxe or Premium rooms. I hope the beds are true Queens and not 2 doubles :crowded: then we would be in trouble!

Hmmm, I think that's it for now. ANY advice much appriciated! :chat:

Trying to jusify spending more at the CCI, but as everyone raves about it, I just have to see what the fuss is all about........and the grounds and breakfast selection appear to be better. No?

I have only stayed at the CCI, so I can answer a couple of questions.

The beds we had were true queen beds. The bedding was nice and comfortable.

We went Thanksgiving week, so the hotel was packed. However, we were always able to find a parking space because they give you a permit so that people that aren't staying at the hotel can't park there. It is easy to get in and out of the lot.

We had three people in our room, but the room would have held four nicely.

The grounds are nice. The hotel is shaped like a U with the pool and office in the middle. Thre breakfast selection was very good. We really enjoyed our stay there. Some days we just walked to the park and other times we hopped on the free shuttle.

Yes, the CCI gives you soap/shampoo/lotion.
We never had a problem parking. We've stayed twice, both times with a car. While some people dont like motels, I love being able to park outside my door. It just makes it easy to get the luggage in and out!
As for getting out- I'm not sure if you are familiar with CA driving, but they dont have center turn lanes, you have to make "U" at the corner if you want to go left out of a parking lot (go right, U and head the other way). CCI is near the corner, so you dont have to go far to turn around. Their shuttle makes out and across the lanes to do the U with out trouble, so its not hard in a car.

The rooms arent large, but if you are the typical Disney traveler you wont be in your room much! We have stayed once with 2 adults and 2 kids and once with 3 women. It was fine both times. Could use a little more storage space, but its not bad.

Not sure about the fireworks. I think people have reported seeing them- but we like to watch them from the hub. You would just miss so much watching from the hotel.

For all who've answered about the CCI, thanks for the answers!:flower3:
The reason I was asking about the fireworks, is that we will be staying four nights, but only 2 nights will be at D/L, and I hate not seeing them when I am so close...yet so far.

Now hopefully "Park Vue people" can answer about whether driving
in and out is complicated, and if they have soap, shampoo, etc.

I did read on these boards somewhere that one of the hotels that includes breakfast, charges for milk. Can anybody remember where it is? I'm thinking it was the Carousel, but maybe not:confused:

Is the CCI the same distance from Disneyland as HoJo?

Its about the same distance, but in the opposite direction. They have their own private shuttle that runs to the park every hour. It starts 1/2 hour before the park opens and runs until 45 min after the park closes. Its great!

bambigirl88....

When are you going?? Just wondering because we will be going the end of April 22-26......

We chose Park Vue too. (because of budget.) So if you go first and stay there I would love to know the same things.....

You can only enter the CCI one way. I am pretty sure the Park Vue is the same way. I believe it is only BWPPI that you can go straight in at the light.

I know that the Park Vue has renovated some of their rooms, but not all have been done yet.

The grounds at CCI are the most beautiful between the two. Parking is a lot more plentiful as well.

You could fit 4 adults in the room, but it is very tight quarters. They do not have a dresser to put clothes in. They have 5 drawers in one spot with the fridge and TV, but that is about it. We had to put our luggage in the car otherwise we would have been tripping over it.

CCI breakfast was one of the larger ones we have had as well. (Along Harbor).

It's the Tropicana that charges for milk. Last time we were there it was $1 for milk and $1 for cereal. We just stuck with muffins and juice. Most of the others don't even have milk at all. We always buy some from the convenience store and keep it in our fridge.

I had such a horrible customer service incident with PV that I will never stay there. Others have also had the same problems. Cancellations in plenty of time, but they still charge your credit card and refuse to refund.

Thanks to all for the information and great discussion! :yay:

I have made a reservation for the 2nd part of our stay in Anaheim at the CCI. It was only $10 more per day and I thought I'd like to check it out anyway.

Tirby, we are going last 2 weeks in July.....so I hope you will post your experiences here when you return. We have booked the room with the bunk beds.

I am looking on our choice of hotels as part of the adventure. :sail:
I know I am not going to a luxury resort, :cool2: so I will just take it as it comes.
On that note, I wish it would come a little faster.....it's hard to wait!!:hourglass

Thanks to all for the information and great discussion! :yay:

I have made a reservation for the 2nd part of our stay in Anaheim at the CCI. It was only $10 more per day and I thought I'd like to check it out anyway.

Tirby, we are going last 2 weeks in July.....so I hope you will post your experiences here when you return. We have booked the room with the bunk beds.

I am looking on our choice of hotels as part of the adventure. :sail:
I know I am not going to a luxury resort, :cool2: so I will just take it as it comes.
On that note, I wish it would come a little faster.....it's hard to wait!!:hourglass

I will for SURE post ASAP. We wont be home untill the 3rd of May.
I will let you know what I think. So FAR park vue has been great about giving me information...and I ask a lot of questions!
I am not what you would call picky BUT I am one who expects the best an establishment can offer.Polite,Clean, and things well stocked (like cream cheese at breakfast) are a good thing in my book. My husband can be a tad more picky than me but hey he works hard for his money! I will be getting a safe and WILL be locking my luggage. No mater where I go its just a smart thing to do. Again It has been to long BUT I will leave my house in 20 days 18 hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I'll take a notebook with me to wright down my thoughts so I don't forget... Our vacation will be about 16 days and we are going to do ALOT with the kids. So I dont want to hotels confused.

I stayed at the CCI in November. Definitely beautiful grounds, great breakfast. But, since you asked, you CANNOT see the fireworks from the parking lot/inside grounds. I suppose, depending on your room, you may be able to see them. But, our room had a view of the inside grounds and was on the bottom. I did try to see them, but nope.

Now hopefully "Park Vue people" can answer about whether driving
in and out is complicated, and if they have soap, shampoo, etc.
I don't find driving in and out of the Park Vue complicated. Just take Disney Way from the 5 Freeway and turn right on Harbor Blvd. (Don't take Harbor from the freeway, as you can't make a left turn into the Park Vue parking lot.)

There always seems to be a lot of parking available. In fact, Park Vue will allow you to remain parked in the lot until midnight on your check-out day. (Some places require you to be out of your room and out of the lot.)

When I was there last week, they provided shampoo, soap, and body lotion. I don't recall conditioner. A coffee maker, iron and ironing board was also provided.

I had a king bed, so can't comment on the queen-size rooms. The provided breakfast is mediocre -- donuts, cereal, bread, fruit, coffee and juice -- but it's sufficient to tide me over until I can get something better in the Park. There's also an IHOP adjoining the inn.

Littlewoodenhead, Tell us more about the ParkVue! I'm booked there in August. It is my understanding that the ParkVue and the Candy Cane are two different classes of hotel. In general, people here are very postitive about the CC and negative about PV.

I booked the PV knowing full well that many people here hate it - I made the choice for purely budget reasons. I'm not very picky, but would be nice to hear about someone who was satisfied with what they got for their money at the PV.

Littlewoodenhead, Tell us more about the ParkVue! I'm booked there in August. It is my understanding that the ParkVue and the Candy Cane are two different classes of hotel. In general, people here are very postitive about the CC and negative about PV.

I booked the PV knowing full well that many people here hate it - I made the choice for purely budget reasons. I'm not very picky, but would be nice to hear about someone who was satisfied with what they got for their money at the PV.

We will be there in a few weeks and I'll be sure to give everyone my opinion....But remember EVERYONE has one!

I have stayed there 3 times in the past year, so I obviously don't have a problem with the Park Vue. But, then, my "needs" might be considerably less than many people's. I live in L.A., typically travel to DLR alone, and really only need a place to park my car and turn a single day trip into two.

I am barely in the room, except to sleep -- and, in that regards, the PV has served me well. I have had a good night's sleep on each of my 3 visits (twice in the exact same room). The beds have been comfortable, the rooms have been clean, and the place has been quiet. The bathrooms have also been clean, and the showers have had both good water pressure and a decent hot water temperature. (I hate taking lukewarm showers!)

There are no "grounds" to speak of (not that I care) and, since I don't use the pool, I am unable to say anything about it.

The free breakfast, as I said, is pretty mediocre; but I can always choose to eat a better meal at the IHOP instead -- or just wait until I get to the River Belle Terrace in DL.

The PV is definitely a "no frills" kind of place, but, for the price and the location, it meets my needs. And, as I mentioned before, the fact that the PV lets me keep my car there all day long on my check-out day is a huge benefit to me. I just throw my carry-on in the car in the morning, check out at reception, then walk across the street to spend another full day in the Park!

FYI, I have also stayed at the Best Western Park Place Inn and the Carousel Inn in the past year. Overall, I'd rate BWPPI slightly higher than the PV; the Carousel about the same. (Staff at the Carousel was very unfriendly, however, so it would not be my first choice for a return visit.) I have the BWPPI booked for a night in July, but would not be surprised to find myself back at the PV before the year is out, either. It is a perfectly acceptible option for me. Your mileage, of course, may vary.

We usually stay at the PV on our yearly trip to DL. The PV is an older motel so don't expect anything fancy but it has many plus's.
It is the closest to the DL entrance.
I have always found it very clean and the staff are friendly.
Rooms have soap, shampoo, conditioner, iron and board, in room safe and fridge, and the beds are comfortable.
The complimentary breakfast is as good as most along harbour.
Entry / exit with a car is not difficult.

It may not have some of the fancy plus's of the other hotels but I am there to see Disneyland not a hotel so it suits my needs. Eat, sleep, go to Disney

Thanks so much! If it's clean, I'm happy. It sounds like I made the right choice for my budget.

We've stayed at Park Vue with our family (me, dh, & 3 kids) in Sept. We had a clean room, on the second floor (yes we had 2 queen beds), it was quiet, we were hardly there, but it met our needs as well. Just a short walk to the entrance to Disneyland. It was great IMO. :) They also have queen bed + a bunk bed room available on their website too...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter