CC Snorkeling

NCConch

DIS Veteran
We set sail in a couple of weeks on our fifth cruise. I plan to go snorkeling at Castaway Cay. I have done it before and know that I need to stop off at the shack to rent my gear. I cannot remember where I should stash my shoes while I dive. My family will not be with me, so we will not have a chair/umbrella in use - and I know how some people get upset with chairs being claimed but not used.

Just put them on a chair. There are more than enough. I've never seen every recliner occupied in more than 5 trips to CC. Everyone puts their stuff somewhere to go swimming. This is no different. You will eventually return and, when you do, there will be 50% of the recliners with personal belongings on them and nobody around. CC isn't like the bathtub...I mean pools on the ship.

I found a palm tree near the back of the snorkeling lagoon and left my sandals and a small towel at the base. Just because our chairs were such a long walk from the lagoon and I didn't want to scorch my feet. Nobody bothered it, was there when I got back. I wouldn't hesitate to use a chair. Just not one at the water's edge where my stuff might get moved or knocked off.

is there a place to put things while snorkeling with the stingrays?

Yes, for the stingray excursion there is a place for everyone who is doing it to put their stuff. When we did it, they had us go to a covered area with seating while we waited for everyone to show up. They then explain how the excursion will work and you leave your stuff in that area.

Yes, for the stingray excursion there is a place for everyone who is doing it to put their stuff. When we did it, they had us go to a covered area with seating while we waited for everyone to show up. They then explain how the excursion will work and you leave your stuff in that area.
very good, thank you

We set sail in a couple of weeks on our fifth cruise. I plan to go snorkeling at Castaway Cay. I have done it before and know that I need to stop off at the shack to rent my gear. I cannot remember where I should stash my shoes while I dive. My family will not be with me, so we will not have a chair/umbrella in use - and I know how some people get upset with chairs being claimed but not used.

There are more than enough chairs for everyone at Castaway to have one, including you. If what you decide to do with your chair on the beach and put your things in it, that is just fine.

It's very different than the ship, where there are not enough chairs around the pool deck for every guest to have one.

Yes, ask a lifeguard to put it at the base of his/her tower or if you spot a family near the area where you will be swimming, see if they will loan you a small piece of sand next to their chair(s). A tree will do, too. We found, after four trips to CC, that people tend to be honest and there to have fun, not rip people off.
Be sure to take your underwater camera with you...Mickey & Minnie are waiting. This is my favorite thing to do on this island. Don't count on the post office being open. It was closed three of the four times we were there...Guest Services is the backup.

Be sure to take your underwater camera with you...Mickey & Minnie are waiting.
Ah yes! Santa Claus brought me a GoPro a couple of years ago. Before I snorkel, my daughter and I will be parasailing. Last cruise I took the camera fishing and on the jet ski excursion.

Ah yes! Santa Claus brought me a GoPro a couple of years ago. Before I snorkel, my daughter and I will be parasailing. Last cruise I took the camera fishing and on the jet ski excursion.
Don't do what I did on my first visit to CC...put my Ipod in my swim suit pocket, forgot it was there and drowned it. No amount of rice, CPR, or help from Guest Services could bring it back. I now have an underwater camera that does a pretty good job of proving that I did swim all the way out to Mickey, huffing and puffing, but I got there. Have fun!!!

Little bit of advice. Go to Walmart and get a cheap monopod. The extendable kind. The one I have extends to 6.5 feet. you can stay on the surface and let the pole get up close and personal with the fish and other bottom dwellers.

Little bit of advice. Go to Walmart and get a cheap monopod. The extendable kind. The one I have extends to 6.5 feet. you can stay on the surface and let the pole get up close and personal with the fish and other bottom dwellers.
Yeah, Santa brought the whole kit... Suction cup mount, hat clip, mini tripod, ...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter