CC question & resorts

anniebean

Flyers fan stuck in Tennessee
Since my divorce, I've stopped using credit cards, and actually, don't even own any now.

I know when I check in at a Universal Resort, I'll need to have a card on file, and would rather not have my debit card on file for obvious reasons. The hold used to be $100/night. Does anyone know if I can buy a prepaid card with xxx amount on it, and use that?

Thanks in advance

I don't know. I would t to call the hotel itself to ask.

The hold is nasty (and higher at portofino) and surprises me every time. Hoping to remember it in the future.

Sorry for posting on wrong board. Got the Universal trip, and a Disney trip in the works so I'm board hopping a lot. Especially on slow days at work.

Anyways, I'll get in contact w/ resort and will post whatever they tell me in case the subject comes up again. I know I couldn't find the answer doing a search of the boards.

For what it is worth, we did a one night stay at Portofino last year and I told them I did not want to put a card on file, they did not require me to do so, as long as I had paid the balance of the room charge/tax/etc. Also, we stayed a few days at RPR in December, and DID put the card on file, but they did NOT charge a hold on it at all.

For what it is worth, we did a one night stay at Portofino last year and I told them I did not want to put a card on file, they did not require me to do so, as long as I had paid the balance of the room charge/tax/etc. Also, we stayed a few days at RPR in December, and DID put the card on file, but they did NOT charge a hold on it at all.

Really? That's good to hear!! My last stay at HRH was in May 2012, and they put a hold on the cc we had on file (was still married at time). The one and only time we stayed at RPR, which was 2008-2009, I can't remember, we had a problem with them charging stuff to the room that we didn't do, outside of normal parking fees. It was eventually resolved, but took a lot of back and forth.

I've emailed them so whatever answer I get will be in writing.

I don't put a credit card on file either usually when we stay. If you do it was $100 per night but you can tell them to just turn off charging privileges. As long as your room is paid your usually good to go ;)

Really? That's good to hear!! My last stay at HRH was in May 2012, and they put a hold on the cc we had on file ...

Ah yes, a better answer would have been...if you put a card on file for charging to the room, they put a hold on it (higher at PBH). But if you don't want to charge to the room, you don't have to put down a card.

My own personal question would be...if you still have the balance of the room to pay but don't want charging, would they still do the hold? Wish I'd had the presence of mind to think of that last month... I do not like that hold.

Ah yes, a better answer would have been...if you put a card on file for charging to the room, they put a hold on it (higher at PBH). But if you don't want to charge to the room, you don't have to put down a card.

My own personal question would be...if you still have the balance of the room to pay but don't want charging, would they still do the hold? Wish I'd had the presence of mind to think of that last month... I do not like that hold.

Yes, they still do the hold. The trip to HRH, we didn't have charging privledges, but they still did hold. I didn't know not having a card on file was an option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter