CC parasailing with one adult, 2 kids: possible?

jtkboston

hooked on cruising
I and my two DDs (12 & 8) are interested in parasailing at Castaway Cay. Anybody else done this with one adult and two kids--will one of them have to ride solo, and/or the two ride together while I watch, and then I ride solo?

Also, the minimum weight listed on the DCL excursions is 90 lb. Is that for any participant, period? Or is it a minimum for a participant to ride solo? Could a < 90lb child ride tandem with an adult, when the sum of weights is less than the tandem limit (375 lb)?

I don't think this should be a problem. They didn't do a weighing when I was on board two weeks ago.

The only question I have is whether they may place one of your kids with one of the other adult participants. They warn us as the beginning that they may pair people off 'to the captain's discretion'.

But otherwise, you should be fine.

Yes a less than 90 pound child can participate. I went up with my son who was 8 and 50 pounds at the time.

I'm not sure what they will do in your case.

When we went last summer, there was a similar situation with one parent and two kids.

They just sent the parent up twice - once with each kid.

We did this with 2 adults and 3 children. Initially they said my wife may have to ride with another adult, but in the end, they ended up sending my youngest up twice. Once with his brother, and once with Mom. He had no complaints.:):thumbsup2

We had a pretty full boat when we did it so everyone had to go up tandem also because we had some delays due to weather. There was a family with two children and two adults. They went up with one adult and one child - the young boy couldn't have weighed more than 50 lbs. DH and I went up tandem and we were probably a bit over 375 lbs together. I think that the main concern with minimum weight is that it's hard to control when the individual is too light. Too heavy and there may be difficulties in keeping them up. A few pounds under or over is obviously fine - I'm sure there's a much broader safety margin and they are on the more conservative side.

It's actually a lot of fun to go up tandem because then you can share the experience live with someone else. And with children, they may want to have an adult along just in case they panic. Just prepare them for disappointment - the winds are often too high and the seas too rough to go out. We've booked this four times and only been able to go up once though I'm sure the time of year is key (we go early December usually). Next time I will be booking it again. It's an amazing experience. You can see for an incredible distance and it feels so calm when you're up there. Even being brought down was easier than I expected.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter