CC Cabanas - The Appeal

Pegasus928

DIS Veteran
I have been reading a few threads about the CC Cabanas and would live to know peoples opinions and what the appeal of them is.
Did I read somewhere that they are in the region of $500 for the day? That seems a heck of a lot for something that will only be used for a few hours (once you take out lunchtime, travel back and forth, playing in the sea) but maybe I am missing something that you can fill me in on.
Kenny

It is highly subjective.

Me, I would never have any desire for one. Plenty of chairs and umbrellas around. There are a few of us around who couldn't care less if we ever step a toe in one.

Others really like them.

And a few will swear their cruise will be ruined if they don't have one.

It all depends on what matters to you. There are some who need one forensically reasons. But the main thing I see from those who MUST have one, they seem to not want to have to see/be around/deal with anyone else on their vacation. That is how it always comes across anyway.

We like it for the quiet, and for the lack of crowds. We don't have to worry about leaving our possessions (cameras etc..). We like the cold beverages and the shady place to hang out.

DH doesn't tend to go into the water and he likes being in total shade. We look at it as an excursion. We have only done it twice, once shared once alone.

I have been reading a few threads about the CC Cabanas and would live to know peoples opinions and what the appeal of them is.
Did I read somewhere that they are in the region of $500 for the day? That seems a heck of a lot for something that will only be used for a few hours (once you take out lunchtime, travel back and forth, playing in the sea) but maybe I am missing something that you can fill me in on.
Kenny

We went to CC in June and I felt the same way you felt about the cabanas. However, when we actually got to the CC family beach, it was crazy packed with people and very difficult to find 2-3 beach chairs. Also, people drag chairs up on the beach and there is barely room to walk through there to get into the water. Having shade is a plus of the cabanas. Plus the beach is much less crowded and you have a waiter/waitress. Also, I think it might depend on how many people you have in your group. The more people, the more economical it becomes. It all depends on what's important to you and how much you want to spend. We decided to spend our extra money on a port upgrade to a 1-bed suite instead of the cabana. But next cruise, I am definitely going to consider a cabana for the privacy. Either way, I think you will have a great cruise!

We went to CC in June and I felt the same way you felt about the cabanas. However, when we actually got to the CC family beach, it was crazy packed with people and very difficult to find 2-3 beach chairs. Also, people drag chairs up on the beach and there is barely room to walk through there to get into the water. Having shade is a plus of the cabanas. Plus the beach is much less crowded and you have a waiter/waitress. Also, I think it might depend on how many people you have in your group. The more people, the more economical it becomes. It all depends on what's important to you and how much you want to spend. We decided to spend our extra money on a port upgrade to a 1-bed suite instead of the cabana. But next cruise, I am definitely going to consider a cabana for the privacy. Either way, I think you will have a great cruise!
Thanks all for the responses. A real range of opinions which I really love.
On our cruise there will only be the two of us, and we have already decided to book a one bed suite. We do enjoy our privacy and I, for some stupid reason, never even considered that the beach would be that busy. Add to that DW isn't much of a sun worshiper it may be that the cabanas might be a good option for us. I think I will carry on researching before making a final decision.

On our cruise there will only be the two of us, and we have already decided to book a one bed suite. We do enjoy our privacy and I, for some stupid reason, never even considered that the beach would be that busy. Add to that DW isn't much of a sun worshiper it may be that the cabanas might be a good option for us. I think I will carry on researching before making a final decision.

Since you aren't taking kids, you can go to the adults-only Serenity beach, which really isn't busy.

I have only been once so am definitely not speaking as an expert. The adult beach was not nearly as crowded as the family beach so that would not be a reason. The shade however is sparse at the adult beach.

If you do a search on you tube for "castaway cay cabana 17" there is a very long and very thorough video showing you the cabana. That one is on the family beach at the furthest point.

We went concierge to get one. If it were just up to me, I could have fun anywhere, although crowds of people can ruin things for me. But my husband is VERY picky about the beach. We live in Florida and I can never get him to go. But I know he would enjoy it if he had one of those cabanas.

I don't know that we will get one every single time. But I also treated it like an excursion. This particular cruise is special for us so we splurged on the cabana.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

And because they are nearly impossible to get unless you have been on a number of cruises, or sail Concierge, I'm not even going to worry as to whether it's worth it or not.:)

Kenny

It was wonderful for my 80 year old grandparents when we went. Papa had a place to sleep and Nana had snacks and drinks!

Plus we had a golf cart ride to and from bathrooms, lunch, and the ship.

Not being 80- I couldn't imagine paying that money for someone who does not have mobility/health problems.

I have a family of 5 and an excursion for a few hours in one of the Caribbean port stops can average close to $100 per person. $500 for a full day Cabana rental doesn't seem so bad. ;) We've booked them every year since they were added to CC and we thoroughly enjoy having a cabana, the service and extras that come with it. We don't jet ski or parasail so the Cabana is our CC splurge.

For us, they set up a pack and play for our daughter. She got to take a nap, in the shade, under a fan. I got to lay out on the cushioned lounger with my cold wet washcloth while she was sleeping. It was amazingly relaxing. Definitely a splurge for our family. But one that benefited each of us in different ways.

I love the Cabanas. However, I did not try to get one for our Nov cruise because the crowd at CC is much smaller with the classic ships (we are on the Magic - and I told my husband I would keep this trip cheap).

Since they extended the beach, the difference is marked between the big and classic ships as far as getting a lounge (In my opinion anyway).

We got one when we were traveling with our 80+ year old parents. They have been to CC several times but since we were going the end of August, I splurged and surprised them. They both have some health issues and I didn't want my father out in the heat too long at any one period. In the end it turned out to be the perfect cruise to have a cabana. The crowds on the beach were terrible -- even though we were on the Magic. We liked having space where there were no crowds. We could sit on the beach in front of our cabana and have the whole space to ourselves. The no fighting for a hammock was cool. And we really enjoyed having the cold drinks right there and the best part were the cool towels in the frig too! We liked being able to bring lunch back to eat at the cabana so that wouldn't be time wasted not enjoying what you paid for. They do come around and pick up the plates and trays, you don't have to return them.

As many people do, I thought this was a splurge and not something we would do often (and we don't). But we're going on the double dip in October and taking my college friend who is very fair so I splurged again and got a cabana. We'll be doing activities on the island on the first stop and don't know how much sun she'll be able to handle by the end of the trip so thought this was worth it -- we're spending all this money for her to enjoy the trip, a little more to ensure she doesn't have to fly home looking and feeling like a boiled lobster is a small expense. So, there are all kinds of reasons that it may be worth the expense to different people.

One thing to factor into your consideration, the cabanas on the adult beach are a little less money ($399 compared to $499). Not a great savings but a little less if it will just be adults. But as others have said the adult beach is usually not very crowded (except on special itineraries where there are few kids traveling!).

Count me as one who will never want a cabana. We have been to CC 10 times and never have a problem finding chairs or umbrellas. We get off the ship first thing when allowed. If you wait a couple hours, you may not find chairs right near pelican plunge, but you can find them at the first part of the family beach. Last cruise we rented bikes and DH made a point of us stopping at SB so that I could actually see what it looks like. Honestly, I didn't really care for it. Way too quiet, but if you want to get away from all noise & kids that would do it.

We are having the same debate here...
We are cruising in Janaury and are a family of 5. Weather is a concern... I already have #9 on the family beach booked bc it was available and figured grab it b4 it is gone and then cancel if we need/want to.

I think they are darling:love: I doubt I will ever get one because I can't justify the cost. We found cc to be a .5 day event. So it just isn't worth the $for us either .5 or a full day. But they are so cute.

We just got back from the Dream and had a cabana on Serenity Bay. It was worth every penny to me because I had shade, privacy, a stocked fridge with sodas, fruit and water, cold wet face towels in the fridge, cabana hosts who checked on me frequently to ask if I needed anything.

Floats, bike, private hammock hard to remember everything but I was thrilled. Also taxi service from the cabana to anywhere I wanted to go, but the only place I went to was the bbq lunch I was enjoying the cabana too much to go anywhere else.

With my troubles with direct sun and easily over-heating it was perfect for allowing us to actually enjoy the beach.

Plus the beach is much less crowded and you have a waiter/waitress.

You do not get a waiter/waitress. You have concierge who will bring you more water bottles or soda/towels etc. They will take away your dirty dishes, and get you a lift to the tram. They will not bring you food from cookies. You need to walk over to Cookies II to get your own food and bring it back to the cabana. They will also contact a bartender if you want adult beverages.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter