CC 5K-What to do with the kids?

bellastella227

Mouseketeer
Hello! My DH and I are interested in running the Castaway Cay 5K on our upcoming cruise. Question is: what to do with the kids? Our DD will be 8 and could potentially run/walk it. DS will be 5 and think it is too far for him.

What do you do with your kids when you run? :confused3

It's rather early in the morning. You can probably send another responsible adult to breakfast with the kids. Or the kids club! Good luck.

Do they open that early? Are we talking kids' clubs on the island or on the ship?

Have others checked them in to the kids' club, run, and then come back to get them after? Did it work well?

You drop them at scuttles cove on the island which is right near the start of the run.

There is still a tiny bit of discretion on the part of some CMs but I think most are following the new, stricter, rules on being at least 12 to take part in the CC5k. So just drop the kids at the island if all adults are doing the 5k. Or if there's an adult left just let them get up later and disembark later. DH and DS have done that twice and far prefer it to getting up early with me. :)

Just got off the Fantasy and did the run.

Drop off kids at Scuttle's Cove on Castaway, meet back at the bike rentals to start race. You can bring all of your beach stuff with you, too. There's a big box at the start for belongings that is watched by a cast member during the race.

Kids younger than 12 were allowed to participate, but were not allowed race bibs. I'm guessing it's to limit Disney's liability.

No charge. You just have to meet at the place specified in the Navigator on the morning of Castaway Caye. You walk down to the race start as a group. Don't forget Key to the World cards for each member AND photo ID.

How secure is the kids club on the island? I wouldn't want my kid to go in water without me.
Also- can you walk the 5K?
Thanks

Just got off the Fantasy and did the run.

Drop off kids at Scuttle's Cove on Castaway, meet back at the bike rentals to start race. You can bring all of your beach stuff with you, too. There's a big box at the start for belongings that is watched by a cast member during the race.

Kids younger than 12 were allowed to participate, but were not allowed race bibs. I'm guessing it's to limit Disney's liability.

There's the discretion I mentioned. On our last cruise it was absolute, no one under 12.

How secure is the kids club on the island? I wouldn't want my kid to go in water without me.
Also- can you walk the 5K?
Thanks

There is no body of water to get into at Scuttles Cove. It is just as secure as the club/lab on the ship

The 5k is a fun and casual event. Plenty of people walk it.

How secure is the kids club on the island? I wouldn't want my kid to go in water without me. Also- can you walk the 5K? Thanks

Nope, no water except hoses, which they use to make the sand wet or rise off kids. It's very, very sandy there!

eta: the programming is as secure as onboard, by the way :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter