Cbr

mh1973

DIS Veteran
My kids (10 & 12) and I will be staying CBR Jan 21-25, we have a standard room. Which buildings do I want to request? Which are closest to the bus stops?

There is a bus stop in every village. Jamaica 45 or Aruba 51 are a short walk across the lake from the food court and main pool.

As Safetymom said, there are bus stops in each village so you're close to a bus stop no matter where you stay.

We've stayed in both the bottom and second floor rooms and have had no problems, whatsoever, with noise. The stairs are not real steep and, since you don't have small children, you should have no problems going up or down them.

I have lots of pictures of the rooms, the pool, the marina and the resort grounds in my trip report. If you'd like to take a peek, just click on the link below.

Lisa

http://allears.net/acc/cbrmap.jpg As you can see from the map, Jamaica 45 or Aruba 51 is closest to Caribbean Cay, the bridge that takes you over to the main area with food and main pool. The distance is deceptive on the map. We stayed in Jamaica 42 right off lake walking path nearest to quiet pool. It was just minutes to the bridge, and very close to Jamaica bus stop. Just a quick walk across the parking lot. Jamaica is often the first to be picked up.
We prefer the 2nd floor for privacy. Less people walking by.
Enjoy your stay, it's a great resort.

In March 2009 we requested bottom floor in Aruba or Jamaica but received bottom floor in Barbados. I know many guests wouldn't want to be that far from Old Port Royale but we didn't mind it and found it be to be perfect location for us. Our room was very close to the pool, the laundry room, parking, bus stop and the beach. It was mostly quiet, minus the lacrosse, softball and dance teams. For March 2010 we will probably request Aruba or Jamaica again but only because we have stayed in Barbados twice now and prefer to be across the lake from Old Port Royale. I also want to point out that we had a car so it was easier to get to Old Port Royale when we didn't feel like walking.

I was checking out your trip report, alot of the pics are not there, they just have a little red x in the corner.

Our general preference is to request a top floor room as a extra precaution against a lot of foot traffic outside our window and noise from folks in the room above. Haven't stayed at a Moderate in years, but before DVC I'd done CBR and PO on many occasions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter