• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

CBR vs CSR

disdream

Mouseketeer
Hello,
I have stayed at CBR twice and am planning my next trip. I was hoping that anyone who has stayed at both, CBR and CSR could tell me their thoughts on which they liked better. I'm comfortable at CBR but would like to try a new resort. However, I'm worried I once I get to CSR, I will have wished I stayed at CBR. Basically, I'm afraid to try new things. ha ha ::MinnieMo

Any thoughts??
Thanks,

Sorry I can't comment on CBR but we have stayed at CSR 3 times and really enjoyed it. We liked the theming and pool and appreciated the Queen sized beds. My only comment is that it is very large and our rental car really came in handy.

We haven't stayed at CSR yet, but I did notice that CSR has elevators and CBR does not. Last time we were at CBR, it was a pain dragging ourselves, our tote bag, and our kid up the stairs after a long hot day.

I'm hoping there's a bit less of a walk at CSR as compared to CBR.

I've stayed at both and I think CSR is much better. I like the decor and everything just seems newer, more upscale. At CBR we were too close to a busy road which I didn't like. CSR seemed more secluded.
I will say that the only thing I do not like at CSR is the mandatory tipping at the food court. I would often get our food to go so I did not have to tip.

We are CBR fans and, every year, we wonder if we should try something new or stick with what we know we like. Ultimately, the CBR wins out. I, personally, don't know that I'd like how the food court at the CSR is run. I've heard many say they love it and I've seen many posts saying they hate it.

I think it all comes down to what theme appeals to you most....the beach/tropical theme of the CBR or the Southwest theme of the CSR.

We've never stayed at the CBR (it would be our last choice for moderates because of the food court and theme as we go to the beach every year). We have stayed at the CSR nine times and will be back in less than three months for our tenth stay. We love everything about it -- queen beds, beautiful theme/landscaping, friendly CM's, large hot tub. It is slightly smaller than the CBR ins ize. But like the CBR, you can now pay for preferred roms at the CSR (although the preferred rooms are near the main building and NOT the main pool).

I have never stayed at CBR before toured it once to see what it was all about...was not impressed...have stayed at CSR and this is hands down our favorite moderate...love the theme, and pool area....and the food court...lots of choices....I dont think you will be disappointed in the resort...you may want to do some homeowner and decide which section to stay in each section cabanas, casitas, and rancheros are each unique in theme....good luck with your choice......

We have stayed at both. We stayed at CBR first and absolutely loved it. (In-fact it's the only resort we repeat) We like trying new things and gave CSR a try one year. Unfortunately it wasn't for us. We were wishing we were at CBR the whole time. We wouldn't go back to CSR.

We've stayed and both and liked both but I prefer CSR. We were in the Cabanas section and it was short walk to the pool, bar and game room. The one thing with CSR is to check to see what conventions are going on because those can really impact the quality of your stay. We were there in mid-January and the place was fairly deserted.

We have not stayed at CBR, but we have stayed several times at CSR. It is our moderate of choice. It has queen beds, newly refurbed rooms, a huge pool with a great slide, and a huge hot tub. It is a large resort like CBR, and like CBR, it doesn't share buses with any other resort. Bus service has always been great.

CSR's food court has great food and is a great value on the DDP, but it is a little pricier than the other food courts (I checked All Ears for the menus, and a burger is 9.99 at CSR and 8.29 at CBR). The CSR has lots of interesting choices, though. You are able to get a steak or ribs for a CS credit at CSR. The food court is set up a little differently and they do charge a 10% gratuity. When you enter the food court, you are seated at a table by a server (no wandering around with a tray full of food trying to find a seat). The server brings your silverware and drinks while you go get your food. To me, it is similar to a buffet set-up as far as the seating, but it is not all you can eat or a fixed price. We are happy to pay 10% to have the server seat us, get our drinks and refills and also give us real silverware instead of plastic (especially helpful if you do order a steak ;)), but some people don't like that. You can also get your food to go and eat out at one of the tables outside - there is plenty of comfortable seating by the lake, and you will not be charged the 10%.

I think there has been a convention each time we have been to CSR, and we have noticed the buses and pools are almost empty during the day. Other than seeing people with nametags, we have not noticed the convention people at all. Some people have said the Pepper Market can be busy in the mornings if there is a convention, but I think most resort food courts are busy in the morning.

Thanks for all the information. It gives me some things to think about. I'm sure I will be happy with either choice.

Thanks Again,

One thing we have made a point to do is tour different resorts on every stay. we book a ressie at the resort and walk around taking eveything in. We haven't seen inside the rooms, but I guess we could strart knocking on doors, lol! Out by the pool area we chat it up with guests and see if they are enjoying it. We frequent the Pepper Market and love the theming at CSR, so we are trying it this December! We were not very impressed at the CBR, although I would love to see one of the Pirate rooms! Someday we will splurge for the POLY!!

I think you should give CSR a try it is a beautiful resort. I think the bus service was super quick compared to some of the other resorts we have stayed at. The pool and hot tub are very nice. I had no trouble with the food court and liked the food. If you wish you were at CBR while your there maybe you could asked to be moved to CBR . I have heard of people switching resorts when they were not happy :confused3

One thing we have made a point to do is tour different resorts on every stay. we book a ressie at the resort and walk around taking eveything in. We haven't seen inside the rooms, but I guess we could strart knocking on doors, lol! Out by the pool area we chat it up with guests and see if they are enjoying it. We frequent the Pepper Market and love the theming at CSR, so we are trying it this December! We were not very impressed at the CBR, although I would love to see one of the Pirate rooms! Someday we will splurge for the POLY!!

We always visit other resorts, too, and we are not shy about going up to the front desk and asking to see a room. We say something like, "hello, we are Disney resort guests, staying at whatever resort, and we are considering where we would like to stay on our next trip. Would it be possible to take a peek at an empty room?" We have always been accommodated, and in fact we've learned some interesting facts about different resorts that way.

I know there are tons of pics available on the internet as well, but they can be deceiving. We haven't done that with CSR, but we can't wait to stay there next month. DH and I did stay at CBR years ago...we weren't too impressed. Not that it was bad, we just wouldn't rush back.

To the OP, we have a clear favorite resort, too, but we have found that branching out is lots of fun! We find wonderful things about all the resorts, and we always know we will someday return to our favorite. If you love CBR's beachy theme, you might consider requesting Cabanas section at CSR. Have fun no matter what you decide.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter